Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,545

1 members and 2,544 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I am so excited I got to feed Nanners my hubbies california kingsnake. This weekend my hubby had his gall bladder removed and he is a little under the weather and unable to tend to his snakes this week. So on the way home from the hospital we stopped by petco so that I could get some crickets for my gecko and Dan informed me to buy a couple of frozen pinkies for his king snake because he didn't eat last week due to the fact that he was shedding and we didn't know it.

Well anyway I thawed the pinkies as suggested by everyone here and low and behold he ate for me!!! I am so proud. I told Dan that we are feeding f/t to him from now on. The only thing is he ate them butt first is there any way to get them to eat head first? Any suggestions? Should I be worried that he ate them butt first?

This is the first snake that I have ever fed and I am feeling very proud right now!!! 8)
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

Thanks
    Congratulations! Being a Mrs. myself, I know it's a great feeling to be able to do that stuff on your own for the first time. Some of our snakes have eaten their mice butt first several times with no ill effects. They struggle with it, but somehow they swallow the things, and it doesn't seem to hurt them at all.

Thanks
    Its not really to big a problem IMO if they eat them butt first. However it goes down easier and more comfortably head first.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm proud of you too, Mrs. Mac!! Excellent job, it is a very satisfying feeling, isn't it??
    ~Caren~
    "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." Confucius
    1.0 Other Half - Mark, 0.1 Child - Samantha
    1.0.2 BP:Smitty,Sophie,Unamed One, 1.1 Cali King:Serpico,Simone
    1.2 Canines, 0.2 Felines
    1.1 RES Turtles - Thomas & Thomasina

Thanks
    Some snakes are just "butt heads" sometimes - absolutely nothing to worry about. If you're especially concerned though, you can always offer rodents to your snakes using a pair of feeding tongs. Usually a mid-sized pair of forceps/large tweezers/hemostats will work very well for colubrids. Grasp the rodent behind the front legs with the tongs & offer it headfirst to the snake. Typically the snake will grab the rodent by the head & swallow it that way, although you may occasionally experience the snake working its way around to the hind end of the rodent no matter how it's offered.

Congrats on a successful feed!

K

Thanks
    Congratulations to you! My unnamed bp tried and tried to eat her/his rat butt first today too, but just could not figure out why the tail was in the way at the tasty-smelling end. :lol: Finally s/he went around to the head. Now Nanners can eat frozen/thawed and you are equipped to feed either snake if needed. That's great.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I did use some tongs but they were too big I think. It was funny because I had the tongs holding the butt end of the mouse and he went for the tongs. He didn't show any interest until I started dragging the little mouse by the butt and he got all interested. I told Dan that when he got the snakes I would not feed them but I had no choice, he can't go down stairs to even see the boys. I tried to show him the face but he was more interested in the smelly end, I guess because it was the end that was moving more who knows. Thanks for all the support.
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I am very thankful for my wife she is taking great care of me and my boys while I am currently "under the weather".

I could not imagine being without her and I am grateful to be with her everyday.

I love you honey and thanks for taking care of this creaky old man. Even though I am falling apart
    Tiger is Here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/

1 Red Tail Boa - Jay
    1 Ball Python - Silent Bob
    1 Coastal Carpet Python - Berber
    1 Spoiled princess feline - Meechie
    2 Stinky Rotten Kids
    1 Beautiful wife
    Rest in Peace Amy & Nanners

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    OOH Yuck!!!! Its MY JOB and I am gratefull that I get to take care of you everyday. You deserve it. I love you too but you are not old or creaky and not falling apart. Now this whole snake thing, hurry up an get off your but so I don't have to do it again. I had nightmares of Nanners eating last night. :lol: