Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 245

4 members and 241 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 64,697
Threads: 239,182
Posts: 2,484,942
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Pinstripe-Toby
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Hand carry?

  1. #1
    Registered User Badgemash's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-23-2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 430 Times in 294 Posts
    Images: 11

    Hand carry?

    This thread got me thinking...

    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-known-breeder

    What do you do if you really do want to get the animal in hurry (for example, you've spent 20k on some rare genetics and want to breed immediately to begin recovering costs) but it's cold out? Do airlines allow BPs to be carried in the cabin if properly contained (so you could fly to the snake and carry it home yourself)? I know dogs, cats, and blue-and-gold macaws are allowed (long story), but no tortoises or turtles. I'm not planning on doing this, it's mainly idle curiosity/avoiding doing actual work while at work.

    Thanks!

    P.S. No snakes on a plane jokes!
    -Devon

    0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.2 Axanthic Pastel (Cornelia, Short Round)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Bee het Axanthic (Nipper)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)
    1.0 Killerbee het Axanthic (Yellow Dude)
    1.0 Pied (Starry Starry Dude)
    1.0 Butter Hypo (Spooky Dude)
    1.0 PH Lavender (Little Dude)

  2. #2
    BPnet Senior Member Mike41793's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-15-2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    16,925
    Thanks
    6,661
    Thanked 7,978 Times in 5,583 Posts

    Hand carry?

    Im tired of these monday to friday snakes on this monkey fightin plane!

    Ok now that thats out of the way...

    Idk, i doubt they would tbh just bc so many people are afraid of them and hate them. A better bet would be to find someone to drive it to you. (If its only like a 24-36hr drive). Like on that shipping wars tv show. Something like that. They say they can ship anything lol.
    Balls
    0.1 Cinnamon, 0.1 Lesser Mojo (BEL) p/h hypo, 0.1 Lesser Fire Spider het hypo, 0.1 Hypo Fire, 0.1 Hypo, 0.1 Sugar Yellowbelly
    1.0 Normal, 1.0 Hypo Fire, 1.0 Fire Fire (BEL) het hypo

    Retics
    1.0 (31.25% SD/ 37.5% Dwarf) Lavender Albino p/h Anery
    0.1 (50% SD/ 25% Dwarf) Sunfire Tiger p/h Anery
    1.0 Mochino

    A diverse array of species of tarantulas, true spiders, roaches and other insects, AND... a freezer full of dead rodents

  3. #3
    Registered User Badgemash's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-23-2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 430 Times in 294 Posts
    Images: 11

    Re: Hand carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Im tired of these monday to friday snakes on this monkey fightin plane!

    Ok now that thats out of the way...

    Idk, i doubt they would tbh just bc so many people are afraid of them and hate them. A better bet would be to find someone to drive it to you. (If its only like a 24-36hr drive). Like on that shipping wars tv show. Something like that. They say they can ship anything lol.
    Hmm, I have not seen this show. I will have to watch it.
    -Devon

    0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.2 Axanthic Pastel (Cornelia, Short Round)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Bee het Axanthic (Nipper)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)
    1.0 Killerbee het Axanthic (Yellow Dude)
    1.0 Pied (Starry Starry Dude)
    1.0 Butter Hypo (Spooky Dude)
    1.0 PH Lavender (Little Dude)

  4. #4
    BPnet Lifer Annarose15's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-25-2010
    Location
    Gainesville, GA
    Posts
    3,632
    Thanks
    1,537
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts
    I'm meeting a repeat customer tonight about an hour from my house for a small delivery fee. She wants to surprise her husband, but night-time lows are too touchy right now in the North Georgia mountains. I doubt I would be willing to drive multiple hours, though. Besides, what's a few weeks when you should be quarantining upon arrival anyway?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



  5. #5
    Telling it like it is! Deborah's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    23,874
    Thanks
    5,868
    Thanked 18,982 Times in 8,871 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 6

    Re: Hand carry?

    What do you do if you really do want to get the animal in hurry (for example, you've spent 20k on some rare genetics and want to breed immediately to begin recovering costs) but it's cold out?
    That argument is not making sense.

    Whether delays will not prevent you to recoup your cost, if you buy an animal you will have to either raise it up to breeding size, or if it is ready to breed you will quarantine it before breeding it to your stock (usually people don't get an animal one day and breed it the next to their animals ) so I don't see what the emergency is since you will have to wait either way

    It's not like you buy a snake get it, breed it the next day and get eggs the following month

    I put the health of my animals first, I am in no hurry to get my animals I would rather have them sitting where they are and get them when whether permits then rushing things just because I am being impatient and for what? Nothing since I can't do anything with them right away anyways.

    Do airlines allow BPs to be carried in the cabin if properly contained (so you could fly to the snake and carry it home yourself)? I know dogs, cats, and blue-and-gold macaws are allowed (long story), but no tortoises or turtles.
    Plain and simple NO you can't have a snake on board it must be shipped.
    Last edited by Deborah; 02-06-2013 at 04:00 PM.

  6. #6
    BPnet Senior Member BFE Pets's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-26-2012
    Location
    Ohio but looking to relocate grrrr new laws!
    Posts
    1,354
    Thanks
    729
    Thanked 680 Times in 477 Posts

    Re: Hand carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    Besides, what's a few weeks when you should be quarantining upon arrival anyway?
    A few weeks of time you could be enjoying your new snake in the main collection room instead of the headaches of sanitizing and only handling it right before bed. Lol I have a strict qt regimine and if it was soooo cool I'd drop 20 large I'd want it in my main collection asap. I'd hate the wait weeks to get it then another 90 days to boot! I've got a deposit on one right now that's only a few hundred bucks and its driving me nuts waiting on the weather to break.
    Come see what's new with us at https://www.facebook.com/BFEPetsandSupply

    Happy Herping!!!!

  7. #7
    BPnet Lifer Annarose15's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-25-2010
    Location
    Gainesville, GA
    Posts
    3,632
    Thanks
    1,537
    Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,206 Posts

    Re: Hand carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by H.o.F.R View Post
    A few weeks of time you could be enjoying your new snake in the main collection room instead of the headaches of sanitizing and only handling it right before bed. Lol I have a strict qt regimine and if it was soooo cool I'd drop 20 large I'd want it in my main collection asap. I'd hate the wait weeks to get it then another 90 days to boot! I've got a deposit on one right now that's only a few hundred bucks and its driving me nuts waiting on the weather to break.
    If I was dropping twenty large I'd take a day off and drive to get the darn thing myself, if I was in that big of a hurry.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



  8. #8
    Registered User Badgemash's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-23-2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 430 Times in 294 Posts
    Images: 11

    Re: Hand carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Annarose15 View Post
    I'm meeting a repeat customer tonight about an hour from my house for a small delivery fee. She wants to surprise her husband, but night-time lows are too touchy right now in the North Georgia mountains. I doubt I would be willing to drive multiple hours, though. Besides, what's a few weeks when you should be quarantining upon arrival anyway?
    Ooh fair point, I forgot about the quarantine part in my pretend scenario.
    -Devon

    0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.2 Axanthic Pastel (Cornelia, Short Round)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Bee het Axanthic (Nipper)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)
    1.0 Killerbee het Axanthic (Yellow Dude)
    1.0 Pied (Starry Starry Dude)
    1.0 Butter Hypo (Spooky Dude)
    1.0 PH Lavender (Little Dude)

  9. #9
    Registered User Badgemash's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-23-2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,107
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 430 Times in 294 Posts
    Images: 11

    Re: Hand carry?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    That argument is not making sense.

    Whether delays will not prevent you to recoup your cost, if you buy an animal you will have to either raise it up to breeding size, or if it is ready to breed you will quarantine it before breeding it to your stock (usually people don't get an animal one day and breed it the next to their animals ) so I don't see what the emergency is since you will have to wait either way

    It's not like you buy a snake get it, breed it the next day and get eggs the following month

    I put the health of my animals first, I am in no hurry to get my animals I would rather have them sitting where they are and get them when whether permits then rushing things just because I am being impatient and for what? Nothing since I can't do anything with them right away anyways.

    Plain and simple NO you can't have a snake on board it must be shipped.
    That's true about the wait time, although getting eggs a month after breeding would be awesome. I have never felt the angst of delayed gratification so keenly as I have with these animals!
    -Devon

    0.1 Axanthic Bee (Pixel)
    0.2 Axanthic Pastel (Cornelia, Short Round)
    0.1 Axanthic (Bubbles)
    0.1 Bee het Axanthic (Nipper)
    0.1 Lesser (Lydia)
    0.1 het Lavender (Poppy)
    0.1 het Hypo (Cookie)
    1.0 Killerbee het Axanthic (Yellow Dude)
    1.0 Pied (Starry Starry Dude)
    1.0 Butter Hypo (Spooky Dude)
    1.0 PH Lavender (Little Dude)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1