Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,235

1 members and 3,234 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wilomn...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,456 Times in 831 Posts
    To make the thread titled a member's name, have the opening post 'call them out' without a specific question in mind, then stand back and say 'what, I'm just asking politely for this one member to publicly respond to my undefined questions' seems a whole lot like the definition of trolling to me. The thread is here to illicit a response and is counter-productive to the purpose of these forums. This just doesn't strike me as a thread about ball python husbandry.

Boosted:
    Dreamtime Exotics -- Check it out!
    Ball Pythons, Monitors, Saltwater Reef, Fancy Rats, Ferrets

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrLang For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (02-07-2013),Coleslaw007 (02-07-2013),Flikky (02-06-2013),Redneck_Crow (02-06-2013),satomi325 (02-06-2013),STjepkes (02-06-2013),Valentine Pirate (02-06-2013),wolfy-hound (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    OP, your wish is my command. http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...71#post2011071

I hope you guys can agree that this is an appropriate way to adress the root question.
    ~Steffe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

BoostedMX3 (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    I actually think wilomn makes valid points. Albeit not nearly as straight forward as they could be said; he certainly baits the situation for folks to misinterpret which can lead to a little turmoil and unsettle in members who do not know him well enough to read into his posts. (I am a good example for that, as his point was even missed by me as I read through his posts).

All-round he seems like a very intelligent human being who just doesn't feel the need to fluff anything up when posting. Let me sum up his intended point in the thread that spawned this new one: Reptile husbandry is not black and white, to say something can not be done when it in fact can be done given the right care or circumstances, is simply narrow-minded.

That being said, he didn't care to elaborate on how he accomplished cohabitation because he simply doesn't care to justify it; it [the ability to keep two ball pythons in one enclosure] is not the core of his argument.
    ~TJ~ Visit me on facebook! or Tweet me @MBReptiles

The Favorites:
    Ball Pythons Western Hognose
    1.0 Lithium Blaze
    1.0 Bee
    1.0 Spotnose
    1.0 Enchi
    0.1 Super Cinnamon
    0.2 Pastel
    0.3 Cinnamon
    0.1 Mojave
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Spotnose
    0.1 Het Hypo
    0.2 Het Pied
    1.1 Red Albino
    1.1 Orange Albino
    1.0 Albino Het Snow
    0.1 Het Snow
    1.0 Anaconda Het Albino
    0.1 Anaconda
    1.1 Het Pink Pastel
    0.5 Het Albino
    1.0 Het Snow
    0.1 Red Phase
    0.1 Pink Phase
    0.1 Green Phase

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm just baffled that everyone seems to be jumping on the "don't give the newb any complicated husbandry information" bandwagon.
    Not the case if someone has an issue (fairly basic one) with their newly acquired animals it is quite obvious they are not ready for advance husbandry, you have to learn to walk before you can run, that's why advice based on experience are geared differently depending on whom you talk to.

Why can't we just suggest that the OP make a new thread that is more geared toward his actual question?
    Why couldn't the OP ask an actual question instead of CALLING OUT someone and basically ask them to spoon feed everything they know and or do?

Why isn't anyone trying to help?
    Seems like you are confusing SPOON FEEDING and helping

It is pretty clear to me that when a member has a SPECIFIC question on something they may have heard off, learn about during their own research or want to experiment (something that would fall under advance husbandry or non traditions compare to caresheets) people will not hesitate to answer by offering their advice. (Here is an example http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...48#post2010748)

There was no specific question here, just a "tell me everything you do" type question that started with "I am calling you out", hardly something anyone would feel compel to answer.

Advance husbandry information are out there for someone who is really interested in learning and experimenting, they'll have to research though no one will spoon feed them, once they research they will have question and they can pick people's brain either on the forum or via PM and I can assure you those questions will be answered.
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

wolfy-hound (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: Wilomn...

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Not the case if someone has an issue (fairly basic one) with their newly acquired animals it is quite obvious they are not ready for advance husbandry, you have to learn to walk before you can run, that's why advice based on experience are geared differently depending on whom you talk to.

Why couldn't the OP ask an actual question instead of CALLING OUT someone and basically ask them to spoon feed everything they know and or do?

Seems like you are confusing SPOON FEEDING and helping

It is pretty clear to me that when a member has a SPECIFIC question on something they may have heard off, learn about during their own research or want to experiment (something that would fall under advance husbandry or non traditions compare to caresheets) people will not hesitate to answer by offering their advice. (Here is an example http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...48#post2010748)

There was no specific question here, just a "tell me everything you do" type question that started with "I am calling you out", hardly something anyone would feel compel to answer.

Advance husbandry information are out there for someone who is really interested in learning and experimenting, they'll have to research though no one will spoon feed them, once they research they will have question and they can pick people's brain either on the forum or via PM and I can assure you those questions will be answered.
    Perhaps you are missing my point.

I agree, this particular thread is unnecessary. I agree that the OP should not be calling anyone out like this.

I also agree that we shouldn't be spoon feeding advanced husbandry information to newbies. But in this case, he is asking for our unconventional methods. He seems truly interested even if the initial post didn't make it seem like it. I'm not suggesting that we give him all this info and that he should change anything he is doing currently, but what is the harm in talking about it? Whats the harm in starting a discussion about this topic? I sincerely believe that the OP is on to something. I believe it enough that I have already started a thread in the advanced husbandry section outlining what I think the OP was trying to get at.

Yes some of this information is already out there, but some of it is outdated or incomplete or scattered in unrelated threads. Why not start the discussion?

People make mistakes. This was a bad judgement call on his part, but I don't think that because of this mistake that he deserves to be ignored.
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    Perhaps you are missing my point.

People make mistakes. This was a bad judgement call on his part, but I don't think that because of this mistake that he deserves to be ignored.
    So, now you, and what was your title again, queen of the dweeb newbie or protector of the stupid, something along those lines, wasn't it; regardless, as far as I'm concerned, this clown was being a smartass and doing it for the attention he hoped he would get for being tough enough and man enough to call me out. You can see how well that worked when a few posts in he goes from demanding to whizzing all over himself as he tucks his tail and tries to cover his big dumb ass.

While you, a genuinely nice person, may feel obligated to answering questions from newbs like this guy, I don't. If you don't think that's cool or alright, get used to disappointment, it's unlikely I'll be changing my ways.

Your opinion, as a rule, is good. But, you are trying to make all of us be nice-nice and, frankly, I'm not interested. I've stated it before and I'll put it out there again now, do what you want, but if you post up crap that you know nothing about other than youtube and a few caresheets, if you insist that ONLY that way is right and holy and anyone not doing as you do is wrong, you MIGHT get my attention and if you do, I'll say exactly what I mean exactly the way I mean it. Now, if you're a smartass, like the OP, I might take a minute or two and see if I can push your buttons, but that's the risk you take when you say stupid things.

Think twice, post once.

This is my once in this thread.

Thanks to those who supported me and chuckles to those who 'get it'.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Badgemash (02-07-2013),ballpythonluvr (02-06-2013),cecilbturtle (02-06-2013),Coleslaw007 (02-07-2013),Cupid (02-06-2013),DooLittle (02-06-2013),h00blah (02-06-2013),HypoLyf (02-06-2013),Malaika (02-23-2013),Mike41793 (02-06-2013),PitOnTheProwl (02-06-2013),satomi325 (02-06-2013),STjepkes (02-06-2013),TJ_Burton (02-06-2013),Valentine Pirate (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    I'm so sorry I didn't say please, as I stated in the second post I wasn't trying to b a git.. Just get some actual reasoning behind your methods.. Seeing as u would clearly rather call ppl names and act like a big shot then answer questions posed to you.. Instead all your responses are filled with sarcastic and hatefull comments ment to inflate your ego a lil more.. Man I'm so jealous u must b such a bad ass cuz u can talk smack on the Internet. I better run and go change my pants cuz u scared the politeness out of me.. Literally

How can I be so cool like u ?

You clearly have a rep on this forum of being a egotistical jackass who gets his rocks off by talking smart.. Otherwise ppl wouldn't have made some of the comments like "poke the bear" or the dragon and what not.. So who gave you rights to be "aggressive" to others and call them names? Yet when someone comes at you in the slightest way your offended..

Im not going to flood the forum with back and fourth with you as its going to result in nothin other then 3rd grade name calling as you continue to not answer simple questions..
    Last edited by dr del; 02-06-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: so many censor trips.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts

Wilomn...

Last post before the thread gets locked!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Last post before the thread gets locked!
    Nope. Sorry.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satomi325 For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (02-06-2013),Valentine Pirate (02-06-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

I haven't even had a chance to read the whole thread yet.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast