Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,325

0 members and 2,325 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Freyja's progress!

So if some of you remember I got the cutest and friendliest little normal in June.

I got her at 74 grams. Just a tiny thing. Unfortunately things started to turn for the worst and the little girl just wouldnt eat. I tried every trick in the book. F/T, F/K, live rats,live mice, F/T soaked in chicken broth, "braining" a F/T. NOTHING would get this little girl to eat. After about 5-6 weeks of trying all that she dropped down to 46 grams. She got as tiny as a hatchling. So I finally tried assist feeding. First try she took it. So for 2 months. Every week. I assist fed her. Before assist feeding her I would always try to feed her from my tongs and do the zombie dance. Finally after 2 months she took one from my tongs. Since then every 5 days shes been getting rat pups.

She also was having bad shedding problems. It seemed that no matter how humid her tub was she would always have stuck sheds. Sometimes she would have a decent shed and everything but her head would come off. Well yesterday she shed and finally had a perfect shed! She got all of her stuck shed off including a few stuck sheds of eye caps and stuck shed on her head. Yes I would soak her too a few times a week but it seemed to not always help. She also fought with a few spots of scale rot when I got her. But after betadine treatments and 2 sheds all scale rot was gone!

So since she had a some fresh scales on her I thought I would do a weigh in and get some pics of her.

Yup thats right 174 grams shes up too!!! Its kinda sad though... She is 8 months old and only sitting at 174 grams. I cant wait to see her get big!!!

She is just the sweetest little thing! She has never hissed or struck or even got into the strike position. She isnt head shy either. You can manipulate her body in anyway and she will just go with it. She is the best BP ever!

I think she has "dinker potential" as well. She is my little Dinkerella!

All I know is that she is by far my favorite BP and one that will be with me forever.

I just cant wait till shes full grown. Gunna be gorgeous!
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quantum Constrictors For This Useful Post:

Archimedes (01-28-2013),Pyrate81 (01-28-2013)

Thanks
    Awww, she is a gorgeous little girl! I love how most of her back spots blend into stripes. She's got great markings, I can definitely see why you're proud of her! Great pics, thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing your story! Love hearing stories about BPs. She is pretty!!!
    “You are enough. You are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are.”