Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,089

0 members and 3,089 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: New additions:)

Thanks

New additions:)

Hey all! The summer of 2012 I was really annoyed with my balls feeding habits so I decided to sell/trade my small collection. I promised myself never to buy a ball ever again. And now here we are Got these 3 new balls in a really nice deal. They are all 50% poss. het pied, so I dream of making some really awesome stuff from these 3! The pics are taken with my phone, so the quality isnt awesome, but hey, everyone cant be a pro-photographer

First up; Enchi male poss. het pied. I think he is a really nice specimen.

Lemonblast poss. het pied female. The colors arent top notch, but I like the busy pattern.

And last but not least, my personal favorite, Firebutter poss het pied female.

Thanks for looking

Thanks
    Love the fire butter!

Thanks
    That Fire Butter is prime!
    The Ball Pythons
    0.1 2002 normal "Noodle", 1.0 2011 albino "Mosh", 0.1 2011 pinstripe "Pepper", 1.0 2009 lesser "Cato, 0.1 2010 spider "Phoebe", 1.0 2011 pastel 50% het. hypo "Toad", 0.1 2012 black pewter "Pomona", 0.1 2013 kingpin "Marvel", 0.0.7 lesserxspider eggs

The Others
    0.1 2013 p. baroni "Hyacinth", 0.1 2013 CB g. oxycephala "Laurasia", 1.0 2013 T+ albino p. brongersmai "Reinhardt", 1.0 2012 CH g. oxycephala "Gondwana"

The Dearly Departed
    0.1 2012-2013 hypo black pastel "Dexter"

Thanks
    Wow nice looking animals especially like the lesser also
    Lizards
    1.0 Ornate Uromastyx "Reptar"

Thanks

Re: New additions:)

I don't see Firebutters very often. Pretty nice. I like the Lemonblast too

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very nice!

What was wrong with the last batch of snakes you had? I've heard bad things about the eating habits of het pieds

Thanks

Thanks for all the nice comments

What was wrong with the last batch of snakes you had? I've heard bad things about the eating habits of het pieds
    Well they were just as balls are. Eating fine for a few months, then just stop for a few weeks, then starting up again. Some where real rat-slayers and others were really picky. The feeding response of balls leaves alot to be desired compared to most other boas/pythons, as we all know. Patience really is the name of the game with balls, and I will try harder this time around.

Now I have some other snakes in my collection (thrash cans!) aswell, so now I dont have to get pissed over an un-eaten rat

BPnet Senior Member CD CONSTRICTORS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 658 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweballp View Post
    Well they were just as balls are. Eating fine for a few months, then just stop for a few weeks, then starting up again. Some where real rat-slayers and others were really picky. The feeding response of balls leaves alot to be desired compared to most other boas/pythons, as we all know. Patience really is the name of the game with balls, and I will try harder this time around.

Now I have some other snakes in my collection (thrash cans!) aswell, so now I dont have to get pissed over an un-eaten rat
    Nice pick-ups A little patience is all it takes.

Get yourself a little Critter Carrier and house your refusals in there for a few days and try again. I always buy a few extras to feed during the week on a few sub-adults that I'm trying to plump up. Just don't mix refusals from a QT animal in with refusals from your established collection.

A few pick-up's I had that were well started refused for a while. They just need to get used to the new environment. I have had zero problems with hatchlings feeding no matter where I have picked them up from. Sometimes the hatchlings will outgrow a well started animal due to the time it takes them to get comfortable. I have a 550g Black Pastel 100% Het Pied that refused for 3 months after I got him. I really wanted to pull my hair out. He lost 50g, but is now eating like a champ every week and is well over his original arrival weight.

Thanks
    All three of them ate f/t on the first try Guess they probably are not het pied then j/k
    /Sweballp