Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,224

0 members and 1,224 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Well, for the icing on the cake, I never got an email, but I never joined usark either. Something about wyatt put me off the first time I saw him and something him about always set my 'be cautious' setting to High.

So, never joined the one, never got the email from the other, even though this is such a small community and there is so much overlap.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts

Re: How is Andrew Wyatt getting your info?

Quote Originally Posted by M&H View Post
    Herp Alliance has now released the following statement via Facebook:

"Herp Alliance
    Herp Alliance is getting spammed with questions since USARK issued its newsletter tonight which implies that Herp Alliance is using USARK's mailing list.

Herp Alliance is not using USARK's mailing list. The Herp Alliance mailing list is from Andrew Wyatt's personal contact list (one of several lists) from contacts he has acquired over many years and from requests through the web site and Facebook page. Our mailing from yesterday went to fewer than 2000 people. USARK's mailing list is almost 10,000.

A lot of assumptions are being made that are incorrect."
    Yeah sorry that is a load of BS! I never personally gave my email to him. He gathered up a list of emails from USARK, plain and simple.
    ~Steffe

Thanks
    I guess it's worth noting that I always get duplicate usark emails. I must have signed up for the newsletter on one and donated with another.

Well, I also got duplicate emails this week from wyatt. If he didn't steal the usark mailing list then I couldn't tell you where he got both of my emails from.
    http://www.iherp.com/mikel81

0.1 Eastern Garter
    2.0 Corns (snow+black)
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    1.1 Orangetail Hypo Het Anery Hog Island Boas
    0.1 Super Jamp Retic
    Balls:
    0.1 Normal
    1.1 Lesser
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Mojave Orange Ghost
    1.0 Orange Ghost
    0.1 Cinnamon het Orange Ghost
    1.0 Phantom

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikel81 For This Useful Post:

3skulls (01-18-2013),meowmeowkazoo (01-18-2013),STjepkes (01-18-2013)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Well, for the icing on the cake, I never got an email, but I never joined usark either. Something about wyatt put me off the first time I saw him and something him about always set my 'be cautious' setting to High.

So, never joined the one, never got the email from the other, even though this is such a small community and there is so much overlap.
    Same here. After seeing the thread on him screwing some guy that bought a few grand of snakes and never received them and it took a few years to resolve. I still can't believe people support the scum
    Last edited by chago11; 01-18-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chago11 View Post
    Same here. After seeing the thread on him screwing some guy that bought a few grand of snakes and never received them and it took a few years to resolve. I still can't believe people support the scum
    You might have your facts and names mix up here with someone who has the same initials
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 01-18-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

RobNJ (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post

Same thing here.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Apparently, this is no big deal. Last night I took a big sip of the Wyatt Fanboi Kool-Aid and am now seeing things in a whole new light.

We should all have no issue with the head of USARK leaving the organization, starting a rival organization and using USARK's mailing list to SPAM hobbyists for support (read: MONEY).

After all, USHA needs about $200K a year in donations just to cover his salary and travel expenses.

So all of you need to shut up and stop spamming his new facebook and just send in your money.

It has been very impertinent of you all to question Little Lord Wyatt-leroy's decisions and his actions. After all, no one has fought harder for our rights than him. No one has sacrificed so much for us. No one has forced more lame duck bills to expire naturally than him and no one has introduced more ground breaking BMPs than him....

Oh, wait, BMPs are now bad.....scratch that - no one has opposed more ground-breaking BMPs than him. Ignore that sworn testimony stating otherwise........BMPs are bad and Wyatt would never, ever introduce them in places like South Carolina or Virginia despite what the minutes of his testimony show.

Remember friends, when Wyatt forces legislators intro a compromise it's a good thing - a powerful move that is commemorated by an Orwellian blog entry. But when PIJAC does it, or as I predict when the new USARK does it, it is a weak thing.......a mewling maneuver to be looked at with utter contempt.

The brave hero who allowed 4 of 9 species - um, wait SAVED 5 of 9 species from the Lacey Act deserves your unquestioned loyalty. Do not question his decisions, and most of all, you have no right to be infuriated that he is SPAMMING you with emails. You should be appreciative that he is sacrificing his life for your right to keep snakes. You should accept his sacrifice and praise it with Homeric and Tass-esque blog entries that extoll his handsome profile, his undaunted courage and the fact that he only makes a third of Wayne Pacelle's salary on a mere fraction of HSUS's budget.

I remember when Andrew Wyatt craftily allowed Wayne Pacelle to verbally bend him over on NPR. It was brilliant move. As Wayne skewered him, pimp-slapped him and Stooge-Fu'd him on the air, I came to the realization that the Herp Community had a rare beast fronting their fight - a real master of strategy - the Erwin Rommel of our time.

At one point, as I listened to Wyatt feebly try to argue with Wayne, I thought "Only a true leader will be able to claim some sort of victory from this embarrassing show of impotence". As Pacelle zipped up his fly and kicked Wyatt to the curb I eagerly awaited the response of the Herp Nation to this NPR Waterloo.

The next day, true to form, Our Dear Leader was back on the soapbox, with his cadre of acolytes blaming the radio host and admiring the passive and patient way that the Leader of the Herp Nation bore this verbal raping. I decided at that time that - like the mighty cockroach - we had a leader that could survive the most brutal of catastrophes, only to emerge again to proliferate and spread his word of gospell.

Hallelujah.

USHA, stop calling people who question your questionable moves spammers. If you continue to do so, you won't be able to cover the $200K a year travel and salary package for your President and I won't be able to listen to another Pacelle - Wyatt debate. It is important, if only for my amusement that you stick around long enough to have that happen.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 01-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Skiploder For This Useful Post:

3skulls (01-18-2013),Kaorte (01-18-2013),meowmeowkazoo (01-18-2013),Mft62485 (01-22-2013),Missvan (01-22-2013),RestlessRobie (01-18-2013),RobNJ (01-18-2013),Shadera (01-18-2013),Valentine Pirate (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,923 Posts
    Skip, can you like, write a book? I don't care what its about. I just like reading what you write.

This whole situation just sucks. I want to support the reptile hobby as much as the next person.. but this whole thing is just putting me off... I don't know who to support. I don't know where my money is going. I just wish more people were paying attention to the business practices of these organizations.

Even if he did receive our emails from his "private" list like they claim, it is not okay to solicit people like this without their consent. He should know better than to take shortcuts like this.
    ~Steffe

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaorte For This Useful Post:

3skulls (01-18-2013),Shadera (01-18-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts

How is Andrew Wyatt getting your info?

Calling us spammers, what a joke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaorte View Post
    Skip, can you like, write a book? I don't care what its about. I just like reading what you write.
    Agreed. That was eloquent, visual, AND expressed my thoughts and feelings succinctly.
    0.1 Pastel Lesser Platinum (BP)
    0.1 Dumerils Boa
    0.1 Indian Sand Boa (Sunset)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Anery)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Rufescen)
    0.1 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Albino)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Paradox Snow)
    And a lot of Tarantulas

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cendalla For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (01-18-2013)

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast