Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 665

1 members and 664 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    I am deciding. I was at a pet shop last weekend and again today, they have a tiny BCI, only about 12-14 inches long. I am in love. I spent time handeling it last weekend and today, it is very sweet, not shy at all...I think this is what I want. My hubby was very against BIGGER snakes (bigger than bp's), and he is open to it now. So, anyone have expereince with these, how big can I expect it to get realistically? Whats thier temperments like? Please tell me all you can about these, as I am having a heck of a time getting info about them. Got any links?
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

BCIs, depending on sex and locale, generally get between 4-8 feet. The one you saw was likely a Columbian BCI, the most common of the available BCI in the hobby. These are known for their easy-gong calm temerpaments and medium size (males 5-6 feet, females 6-8 feet). Being that these are some of the most common pet snakes ever, finding care info shouldn't be too hard. They're very easy to care for....their requirements are similar to a Ball Python.

Thanks
    Hey Hey Jeanne I've owned one for the past 2yrs now and shes a beaut of a girl shes a blast to handle however she did go through a biting phase they top out around 7-8' realistically. I'd say next to bp
    s they are great begginer snakes. You will need to make a enclosure big enough to contain her when shes full grown. But thats not for a while. Also you'll need to keep her enclosure at certain temps usually for me low 80's on the hot and 75ish on the cool and at night time i just turn the lights off. Its a working system for me shes really healthy and I couldn't be happier. Hope that helped if you have anymore questions just ask and someone shall answer.
    Heres the link to my BCI. Enjoy.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/PNphpBB2...ic-t-2611.html
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

Thanks
    From all the research that I have done on the BCI snake, is that they pretty much the same a the BCC snakes with one exception. The BCI snakes get anywhere from around 6 - 10 foot long, and the BCC snakes get around 12 - 14 feet in length. They are both docile snakes. Check the care sheet here on this website and it will answer a lot of your questions. Click on snake care, then on Red Tail Boa.

http://www.ball-pythons.net/Sections...48-page-1.html

Here is the link.
    Da Wolf

"The strength of the pack is in the wolf. The strength of the wolf is in the pack." Rudyard Kipling 1894

1.0 Ball Python (Zeus)
    1.0 Jungle Python (Apollo)

Thanks
    Hi David- just found some info, not as specific as I wanted. I do know for sure this is a BCI, as far as local and anything else specific, could not say. I do know it is a male. Well, any other input would be appreciated, Thanks David.

Also, any other info anyone else could give as far as thier experience with these is appreciated.
    *Jeanne*

Thanks
    Thanks for the info Soul of fire and wolfman....

Reading up on them more, still trying to decide if this is what I really want. I will keep you all informed. :lol:
    *Jeanne*

Thanks
    Jeanne, get the boa. You will LOVE it! I have two, with another coming probably next week. They have more personality, IMO, than BP's, and are more "sociable" with humans, in my experience.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Also you'll need to keep her enclosure at certain temps usually for me low 80's on the hot and 75ish on the cool and at night time i just turn the lights off.
    Low 80s is too cool IMO. You want a thermal gradient of 88-75 ideally. Also, using lights isn't necessary.....in fact, a human heat pad is a much more efficient way of heating almost any snake. You don't have to worry about turning it off or on every day and it provides belly heat since boas are nocturnal and do not bask.

Another good thing about boas is that you don't have to worry about them being finicky eaters like BPs are.

Thanks

anyone ever probe their BP?

I love my BCI. I got him over a month ago, and he is the most eagerly-feeding snake I ever saw. He has never struck at me, and is really inquisitive when handled. And growing fast! I currently have him on weaned rat pups which I breed, kill, and freeze/thaw.
    Here's a pic of Apache.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    Oh Gin he is a good looking BCI
    I may come home with one of those guys next week from the show
    Can you keep in a rubbermaid when small??
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast