Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,149

2 members and 3,147 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

need to ask alot of questions

ok i need to know what type of bedding should i put in my ball pythons cage tree bark or that soft other type of stuff i forget the name but i know im getting two hide outs i have one big stick and a couple of other things i was wondering with the lights do i need to have a light on him at night time and if so which one the nite time light and thats pretty much it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,686 Posts
    Check out the care sheets on this site, that should answer all your husbandry questions.
    Bedding is your personal preference bud, some hold humidity better than others. You can buy fancy bedding or just throw down news paper, it's up to you.

Thanks
    Hello and welcome to BP.net.
    Any substate you find asthetically pleasing works, such as Cypress mulch, aspen, Jungle Mix, and many many many others, or of you would like something simple and easy that gets the job done I would recommend Newspaper.
    Your light does not need to be turned on at night, generally you want a period of 8-12 hours though IMO I prefer heating pads to lights for bps.
    “You are enough. You are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are.”

Thanks
    substrate (bedding) can also depend on if you have humidity problems or not...if yes then I would go with cypress even mixed with some coconut husk or some sphagnum moss...

Thanks

Re: need to ask alot of questions

I use newspaper. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing for sure but it's easy to see messes, easy to clean, and easy and inexpensive to replace. Your ball python will not care whether it has inexpensive or fancy substrate, as long as it get's the job done and keeps your ball python healthy and happy i think that is what matters most.
    ~ Samantha

0.1 Bumble Bee Ball Python - 6 months old (Bernadette)
    1.0 Bearded Dragon - 10 years old (Shrek)

"Act like a lady, lift like a BOSS."

"Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30-31

Thanks

Re: Sub-adults

Wrong place, you should make a wanted post in the "for sale/trade/or wanted" forum.

To the op, If I were you I would just go with whatever substrate is the cheapest or most convenient for you.(has to be safe, of course)
    Last edited by dr del; 01-21-2013 at 06:34 PM. Reason: removing quote of deleted post
    Corns:
    0.0.1 Normal; 0.1.0 Amel Motley
    1.0.0 Butter Motley; 0.1.0 Charcoal

Thanks

Re: Sub-adults

Talk about random thread thievery
    Last edited by dr del; 01-21-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: removing quote of deleted post

Thanks

lol

well thank you all ive read everybody take and it sounds good so now ima go cheap since im spending so much money on his tank the 8-12 sounds good i dont trust heating pads does my snake need a uvb bulb with the lighting alot of diff ppl say diff stuff on other websites idk im kinda goin thru it my chameleon just died my other 2 snakes got two big but was kinda young when i had them