Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,792

3 members and 2,789 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Argentine Boa

Thanks

Outstanding site for info on African House Snakes

any one know any thing about these?
    I know a local boa breeder who last I checked breed these, and sells them for $100. Im thinking about asking if he will have any this year and make it my first snake bigger than a BP.
    what do you all think about them. a good choice for a first larger snake?(I say larger because Ive read they can get 8-10ft and thats larger than a BP)
    1.1 BP Mephisto & Sirius

Thanks
    Hey dude Argentine Boas are really beautiful snakes no personal experience with them but I've seen them. Heres some info on them. They are Nocturnal meaning hunt at night. Habitat: forest, grassland, and scrubs. Diet: small mammals and birds. Like to climb but mostly found on ground. Average adult size huge verying lengths can range from 4'-9'. More commonly max around 7-8'. Females give birth to live young. Can contain upto 43 young. Mating session: November-March. Hope that helps ya decide. Oh yea one more thing males are typically smaller than females. Couldn't tell ya the temperment either man sorry I've never held one just seen.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

I have never kept them personally but a good friend of mine has a pair....they can be hissy and nippy as babies but calm down fairly easily....they get larger and thicker-bodied than BCIs.....its not uncommon for them to get over 8 feet. If you can provide them with the proper environment they make great snakes.