Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,913

2 members and 2,911 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

My BCI

I was messing with cricket last night and he looked a little grey, could he possibly be getting ready to shed. How often do they shed? What can I expect when a gecko sheds? I know they shed in lumps and that they eat the shed, should I stop him from eating it or is it okay for him to eat it? I just want him to last forever, he is so adorable. He is my little cricket, he is all mine!!!!
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

Thanks
    Its actually good for a lizard to eat they're own shed cause its got something in it thats good for them can't remember what but it is good for them. I used to give my beardie his shed all the time to eat.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

Be sure to put a humid hidebox in his cage so that he is able to get all the shed off easily. I use an empty and cleaned buttertub and cut an entry hole in the side and place moist paper towels in the tub....works like a charm. Make sure he gets all the skin off his toes or necrosis could set in and cause the toe(s) to fall off.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advice guys, already have humid hide set up. I just noticed that his skin is not as bright as it use to be, how long before he or she really starts shedding?
    Tiger is Here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/

1 Red Tail Boa - Jay
    1 Ball Python - Silent Bob
    1 Coastal Carpet Python - Berber
    1 Spoiled princess feline - Meechie
    2 Stinky Rotten Kids
    1 Beautiful wife
    Rest in Peace Amy & Nanners

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well he shedded today went to feed him and he was bright colored except for his tail and that was shedding. He seemed to got it all but how do I tell if he didn't get it off all of his toes, they look fine to me but just want to make sure so that we don't loose any toes?
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Cricket, Princess, Kimberly) 0.1 Cat (Meechie) 1.1 kids and a hubby who has 1.0 red tail boa (Jay) 1.0 ball python (Silent Bob) and my daughter has 0.0.1 Bahama Anole (Liz) and 0.0.1 White Lined Gecko (Boots)

Its easy to tell if the skin doesn't come off the toes.....they will be whiter than the other skin on the foot and seem drier as well.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Thanks I will have to check that out and make sure everything looks good, thanks David glad to see you back giving all of your great advice.

No problem. MrsMac! Glad to help any way I can.