Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,284

1 members and 3,283 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Pics of my BP...

Hey all I was reading one of the older posts here in this forum and it appears you were talking about the Halloween Phase ATB but didn't have a pic well it just so happens that thats what I'm trying to get the Pet Store to give me as the one there is almost dead if not by now. Poor little guy scooped him up in my hands and he was to weak to even bite at me. With any luck I'll get him as my rescue and I've been doing tons of research on them so far cause I want this guy to excel. If anyone can give me some personal experience points that would be really helpful. But anyways heres the Pic of the Halloween Phase ATB.

-Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They are pretty little snakes. I don't know anything about them, though. Good luck. I'm sure you'll keep us updated on whether or not you get it.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    David had one, but has left the forum. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find plenty of info. Good luck on rescuing it!
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Banned
    Thanks
    They're cute skinny lil' dudes. What do you keep total?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've kept an ATB before, but I'm no expert.

Keep his enclosure humid. About 65%-70% should do nicely. I kept the temps at about 76F-84F degrees with no night time drop. Rather than a horizontal perch such as those that you would see an emerald tree boa perching on, ATB's need to be supported on 3 points of their body, so keep that in mind when finding or making its perch. If you find it rarely perching, it probably doesn't like it, and it needs to be changed. ATB's do spend a lot of time on the floor of their cage, but not the whole time, so watch for that.

I had an adult male (about 5 feet long) and I fed him every 2 weeks, he never ate before that. Is that one a baby? If so, I would try feeding it every 5-7 days or so.

Good luck, they are great little snakes, and I hope he comes around for you! If you have other questions, just ask, I can try to help. Check out this link, it helped me out a lot when I first got my ATB: http://www.corallus.com/urbanjungles/ammycare.html Also, check out this link on humidity: http://www.corallus.com/urbanjungles/humidity.html

Jennifer

Thanks
    Wow thanks alot for the Info Jen thats great stuff he's a very picky eater and will only eat frogs how weird LOL. I already shed him at the store casue they just left him and then tried to feed him a pinky wouldn't take it so then I scented it with lizard pee scent or something like that. Didn't work either but that could be due to the stress as hes a very stressed out animal. I'll keep you updated on whats happening. Thanks for the support all. And for the Godfather or whoever else is interested heres the links to my herps.
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/PNphpBB2...ic-t-2607.html <---BP Link
    http://www.ball-pythons.net/PNphpBB2...ic-t-2611.html <---BCI Link
    Enjoy.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

or

Cute lil guy! I hope he does better for you.....I am the former resident ATB "expert" lol.....I have 4 of them at the moment. In fact, thats my female in your avatar, lol.

Thanks
    Hey man thats one sweet lookin' ATB. I actually am happy you came back cause there are things i want to know about them through personal experience and you were the one recommened to talk to by the famous Marla. If you've got msn messenger I'd be interested in chating to you. You can add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com. Look forward to talking to you.
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious

or

Thanks
    Oh and one more thing thats not the pic of the guy I'm trying to rescue hopefully i'll have a pic of him tonight that way you guys can see what kinda bad shape hes in. Dehydrated like no tomorrow, Stressed, incomplete sheds left on him. I couldn't get them all the last time I was in. Just a question but how far is to far in obtaining this rescue cause I really don't wanna see this guy die and I'll go to the point of just walking outta the store with him if it comes to it. Anybody think thats going to far???
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious

or

I don't have MSN, but I have AIM...my name is Beardonicus on there.

I would be leery of "rescue" ATBs....its a gimme that its a WC snake probably loaded with internal parasites as well....it would be tough and you'd likely spend a bunch of $ on vet bills.....I know from personal experience that WC ATBs are a pain in the butt, lol. I know you wanna help the poor snake, but think about it this way....if you buy it, the store will only replace it with another, continuing the viscious circle. Try and find a CBB specimen, you'd have a much better snake and a much better experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast