Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,941

1 members and 2,940 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Heat Tape

Thanks

Re: Heat Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Ed gilmartin View Post
    Rich
    First and foremost I do want to apologize for the numbers I put up there. it was an accident
    How do you "accidentally" post someone's sales figures? You tripped and opened Rich's customer file and copied and pasted it into the forum and then explained it while you had a concussion?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3skulls View Post
    Ed,
    Can you give us tips or insight on the best possible way we can use your product?

Probe placement, how to attach the probe, when stacking cages is it best to leave an air gap? The best clips to use, is soldering better?

As we wait maybe you guys can take a look on how we use your product. Give us steps on the best and safest way we can use it.
    How can Eddie advise you on how to place a probe and how to place heat tape between enclosures when he hasn't the foggiest idea about the Reptile Industry? He has openly expressed that in his very own posts, so he would be the last person I would be taking advice from on how to set up my enclosures, probe placement, gradients etc.

He can't even determine where to place confidential sales figures lol
    Last edited by Robin@Exclusive; 01-08-2013 at 09:47 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin@Exclusive For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin@Exclusive View Post
    How can Eddie advise you on how to place a probe and how to place heat tape between enclosures when he hasn't the foggiest idea about the Reptile Industry? He has openly expressed that in his very own posts, so he would be the last person I would be taking advice from on how to set up my enclosures, probe placement, gradients etc.

He can't even determine where to place confidential sales figures lol
    Well I said never mind about the probe, I was more just thinking aloud through my thumbs. I meant more along the lines of what would be better to attach a probe.
    I used to work construction and I know flexwatt has been around forever and very trusted in home building.
    I would hope he knew (or could find out) if it was best to leave a small air gap between cages. I never asked him how to set up enclosures or anything about gradients.

I have nothing to do with sales figures and I never thought that was the right thing to post.

Are you saying we shouldn't ask a rep from a company, that we all have used for years, the best way we should use their product? If someone from that company has no idea the best way their product should be used, none of us should have ever been using it.

I want what's best for my animals, that's it.

Thanks

Oh definately I would ask a rep about how to use their product... for which it's original use was intended for... where they are educated at.

I would never dream of asking a computer fan company how to install one of their fans in my incubators to achieve best results in hatch rates... they would look at me like I was from the moon. I would ask a fellow Reptile Enthusiast who has also done the same thing.

Thats all I was saying

If you want to know how to heat your ceramic tiles - then Ed is your man (probably)
    If I want to know the best way to heat my reptile enclosures - I'll stick with the experts.

P.S Judging by Ed's posts if I was to contact Calorique this is not the guy I would want to speak to either... He obviously lacks professionalism and the ability to keep private information private IE customer sales figures.
    Last edited by Robin@Exclusive; 01-08-2013 at 10:32 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin@Exclusive For This Useful Post:

PitOnTheProwl (01-09-2013),Stewart_Reptiles (01-08-2013)

Thanks

If I want to know the best way to heat my reptile enclosures - I'll stick with the experts.
    are you kidding me, just because you have used a manufactured product and adapted it to use with reptiles does not make you an expert in manufacturing heating elements. The question was posed directly, have you sought UL certification for this product. You do not make the element you are using and I have not seen a defense or support of thier UL either.
    2.0 Red Tail Boa (BCC) - Neil, Hermes (Suriname)
    0.1 Normal Ball - Moonlight (RIP)
    1.0 BEL (lesser x mojave)
    0.1 Pinstripe - Starlight
    1.1 Dogs - Champ, Megan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ewaldrep View Post
    are you kidding me, just because you have used a manufactured product and adapted it to use with reptiles does not make you an expert in manufacturing heating elements.
    I don't recall saying that it does

I said that someone that keeps reptiles knows more on how to utilize that product in that situation.

Thanks
    exaclty, how to use a UL certified product in a given situation. What I have seen is that you have taken another heating element, no UL provided, attached wires with a rivet, no UL provided, and are selling it to gain a lower profile without the connector clips, a non-existent problem since a specialized tape can be used to seal the connection. I do not pretend to know all of the ins and outs of the factors that led to the current dispute but from I have observed, Ed knows what he is talking about when it comes to this product, given that he could use some iimproved tact. I have RB on quick link and plan to order from the company often, but when it comes to heating elements, I will go with UL certified products. I have ordered flexwatt with the bulky clips just recently from RB and would do it again, just without the clips. I would prefer to support a company within the industry but my home and family (pets included of course) come first.
    2.0 Red Tail Boa (BCC) - Neil, Hermes (Suriname)
    0.1 Normal Ball - Moonlight (RIP)
    1.0 BEL (lesser x mojave)
    0.1 Pinstripe - Starlight
    1.1 Dogs - Champ, Megan

Thanks

They are UL certified!
    Last edited by Robin@Exclusive; 01-08-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3skulls View Post
    Well I said never mind about the probe, I was more just thinking aloud through my thumbs. I meant more along the lines of what would be better to attach a probe.
    I used to work construction and I know flexwatt has been around forever and very trusted in home building.
    I would hope he knew (or could find out) if it was best to leave a small air gap between cages. I never asked him how to set up enclosures or anything about gradients.

I have nothing to do with sales figures and I never thought that was the right thing to post.

Are you saying we shouldn't ask a rep from a company, that we all have used for years, the best way we should use their product? If someone from that company has no idea the best way their product should be used, none of us should have ever been using it.

I want what's best for my animals, that's it.
    I have reached out to guy that is big into your hobby. He will be coming to our facility with his products and we will shoot a video. As far as Robin he is obviosly trying to stir up a fight. Very impressive over the internet. We have heat engineers that know this product and how the heat dicatpates. They have took a home heating film and been able to engineer it for the US military with the militarys help so with the help of someone familiar with your products and needs we will show the best and safest way to get the most from our heat tape. He is 100% right. I would not have a clue how to set up racks or other equipment just like he would have no idea how heat works. He probably still thinks heat rises which is the basic mistake made when talking about heat. I hope to acheive this in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

Oh definately I would ask a rep about how to use their product... for which it's original use was intended for... where they are educated at.

I would never dream of asking a computer fan company how to install one of their fans in my incubators to achieve best results in hatch rates... they would look at me like I was from the moon. I would ask a fellow Reptile Enthusiast who has also done the same thing.

Thats all I was saying

If you want to know how to heat your ceramic tiles - then Ed is your man (probably)

P.S Judging by Ed's posts if I was to contact Calorique this is not the guy I would want to speak to either... He obviously lacks professionalism and the ability to keep private information private IE customer sales figures.
    COngratulations Robin on never having made a mistake in your life. That is some accomplishment. I have apologized at least 6 times and that is all I can do. It was a mistake that will go by the way side in a short time. The mistake you are about to make will harm your pets and your home. Maybe you can shed some light on who manufactures the THG tape? How long they have been doing it? The benefits and safety measures they have? the build up of the product etc? Why it is a superior product to ours. I have said 10 times I am not from your industry but I know thin film radiant heat a lot more than most people. I know how the new connectors on THG will move and not be snug and any electrician (I am sure you know at least one that could educate you on this at least for you own safety) will tell you that causes arching which creates sparks when they come in and our of contact. We all know sparks is what causes fires. Give me a shout when you join the rest of us and make your first mistake. I congratulate you on making it so long without doing it so far. Well done.

I want to reiterate that this is not sour grapes because we lost a distributor. That happens in business its unavoidable. What prompted me to get on here was to correct the misleading statements about our company and product. The bigger picture is that when cheap Korean knockoffs that think they can pull the wool over Americans eyes and come here and cause issues harming the reputation of our product. Try going after a company that does not exist or you cant find and if you do try sueing them for causing harm to you and your pets and see how quickly they disappear. I also want to state that this is nothing to do with Reptile basics or Pro Exotics. I have seen it happen for years. They have a good sales pitch and even show photos of other manufacturing plants so you get that warm and fuzzy feeling. It has happened to many companies and will continue to happen.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast