Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,240

1 members and 3,239 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    8) Hey everybody,
    Well, I am truly a herper now. I have taken the final step....I have set up my own bona-fide feeder rodent colony !!! 8) I now have a total of six hungry snakes ( with my planned Green Tree Python in the works ) and feeding these varmints has been becoming a real pain...I always have to put up with nosy salespeople and other customers wondering what I am gonna do with the cute little mousies ...it rather horrifies some people when they find out that I am going to feed them to snakes....and it also has become difficult to get my hands on pinkie and fuzzie mice of the appropriate size for my neonate Kenyan Sand Boas...

Sooo....I decided to breed my own mice feeders and always have a supply on hand for my snakes to snack on. I have a twenty gallon tank in my closet that is set up with a water bottle and a food dish and lots of bedding and I threw in three breeding pairs today and I am basically going to just let them have at it... :lol: this is going to make things so much easier for me....I have kept mice and rats as pets in the past so I am an old hand at maintaining them...its a cinch.....I must admit though that I feel like a ghoul kind of, what with standing around looking deranged and muttering.." breed...breed...my little ones....eat..eat and get fat....licking my chops and rubbing my hands together as I eagerly await the first crop of souls..er..I mean babies.....heh heh heh heh...

EyeLashViper :wink:

Thanks
    LOL! Well, good luck to ya! They certainly breed easily enough, but I think an industrial-type vent is advisable for the mouse odor.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Good luck with the breeders it is something I have considered myself.
    But since Bob is a finicky eater and only likes Gerbils it really was not something I could do. Considering Nanners likes plain ol mice.

In the future though I may consider doing something like that though.
    MuhahaMuhahah
    Tiger is Here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/

1 Red Tail Boa - Jay
    1 Ball Python - Silent Bob
    1 Coastal Carpet Python - Berber
    1 Spoiled princess feline - Meechie
    2 Stinky Rotten Kids
    1 Beautiful wife
    Rest in Peace Amy & Nanners

Thanks

Kingsnake Feeding Question

G'luck to ya! Mice am stanky lil beasts. We tried it but the stench just got unbearable - would have been nice to have had a garage for that.

I was having probs finding rat pups (Kali our blood is THE PICKIEST eater) and so picked up a pair - turned out the female was laready pregnant. Tell you what rats p00p up a storm i shicha not - nearly constant like coco pebbles factory - but they don't smell one thirtieth as bad as a few mice.

Neph (AfRock) took her first young rat this weekend and it seems she has a taste for them. No sooner had I dangled the freshly thwaked rodent than she shot out of her hide, struck, coiled and yanked it back inside. Was like one of those odd scenes from a horror flick when you see someone get pulled through a hole too small for the body and they just fold up and disappear.

Be time to place the first order for frozen ratlings soon anyway.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hehehe....Smulkin, you paint a great image with that Neph story!

ELV...good luck with that colony! You may want to find another location for it other than your closet, though...either that, or another location for your clothes. Let us know if you start getting funny looks out in public! :wink:
    -- Judy