Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,103

1 members and 2,102 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Rescue help PLEASE!!??

Well browsing my local classifieds I saw an add for a "healthy" 10 month old ball python for 150 with cage/accessories etc... So I go pick it up an either there is now way this snake is healthy or no way this snake is 10 months old. She had tha head size of my 10 month bp but tha body size barely bigger than a hatching an had shed stuck all over her, tha cage had nice accessories but had a heat pad with no thermostat an actual dirt as tha substrate smh... So I bought it even tho really he should have given it for free because he obviously wuznt giving it the love or attention it needed... I fed her a small live mouse cause anything else was WAY bigger than her girth an got her actual substrate. She ate tha mouse faster than I've ever seen a snake go for food tho an digested it. Now, I have a question should I feed her these same small mice a few times a week until she starts putting on sum weight or should I feed tha same size once a week? She desperately needs to get sum nutrition but due to my lack of experience an this being my first rescue I'm scared to feed her too often. Can sumone give me advice on tha safest way to get her to being healthy and of size??? Thanks!

Thanks

Re: Rescue help PLEASE!!??

You don't want to feed her as much as she wants. Feed small and wait 5-7 days between feedings. If she's been starved you don't want to give her too much food.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Flikky For This Useful Post:

BrianB801 (12-31-2012)

Thanks
    I've never rescued a BP so i cant speak to that experience, but i feed my younger BP every 4 days. I think any closer than that can be a bit dicey. I hope this helps and i know someone will chime in about the rescue care. Good on you for giving this little one a better home. I hope to see pics when they feel better

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brokenangelr For This Useful Post:

BrianB801 (12-31-2012)

Thanks
    Thanks guys! It disgusts me how sum people buy animals failing to realize that they are sumthin more than jus a cool item to own, they may not be humans but they have feelings, an experience stress, hunger, an uncomfortability jus like we do. I wish people would realize like a child a captive animal can only live tha life it's owner provides for it! I would have been willing to pay more if they were askin jus to be able to give it tha life it deserves.