Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,803

1 members and 2,802 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hey everybody,
    Well, I have been involved in the herp hobby now for just over a year after purchasing my first snake at the IRBA show last April...that was my first Ball Python, Trinity...I now have three Ball Pythons , two Kenyan Sand Boas ( Ghost and Niobi ) and my Mid-Baja Rosy Boa ( Trouble ) I have been really intently studying snakes in particular and reptiles in general and I have developed a very good knowledge and understanding of basic snake biology and captive husbandry. I actually think that snakes make awesome pets for the right kind of people...my snakes are the most unobtrusive animals...no noise, no destructive behavior...they thrive on peace and quiet and don't flip out if you do not pay attention to them constantly.Being I live in a small apartment out here in L.A. this is perfect for me...I really like the no trouble aspect of snakes...I am also into tarantulas as well and they are very similiar to snakes in being that they require very little care and fussing around with....

My next project that I am working on is going to be a Green Tree Python setup in my living room....I am saving up for a nice GTP and its enclosure ...this will be the perfect eyecatching display in my living room...I am sort of excited but I am trying to take it slow and really study and become knowledgeable about GTP husbandry before I take the plunge...

Well, that is all about me for the time being....I would like to be better friends with all of you so feel free to PM me if you would like to share snake info and what have you...I am a real friendly sort of guy!!!

EyeLashViper

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Good luck
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks
    Snakes are great pets. I always tell people "They dont bark, meow, puke or drag their butt on the carpet, when they shed, its in one piece (usually), they only poop every once in a while, they are cheaper to feed, they dont need rabies shots....." and whatever else I can think of at that moment.

But yes, I do have a cat and a dog too...lol

Good luck on those GTP's. Send us pics for sure!
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

Thanks
    Snakes are great pets and i intend to further my collection when i get a constant flow of money as i am now i already have to many snakes but thats what happens with obsessions and when my housing enables me to i am going to buy a dog a Siberian husky. I'm going to have to make a snake room because at the moment putting more a bed in my room is pushing it.
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it.
    1.1 Ball Pythons (Schurke & Sage)
    0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Artemis)
    0.1 Blood Python (Clover)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I also point out that they are cheap, quiet, don't make a mess of the floor, and are timid gentle creatures ( at least mine are).
    Course I still get people saying " You have snakes thats so gross." I just look at em and shake my head :roll:
    Tiger is Here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/

1 Red Tail Boa - Jay
    1 Ball Python - Silent Bob
    1 Coastal Carpet Python - Berber
    1 Spoiled princess feline - Meechie
    2 Stinky Rotten Kids
    1 Beautiful wife
    Rest in Peace Amy & Nanners

Thanks
    I have always thought snakes were tops.
    I remember being about 10 yo and trying to convince my mom to let me buy one of the cute Garter snakes the pet store by my house had and for all the above reasons stated was how I convinced her to let me have it and she was no lover of snakes or reptiles for that matter.
    But with her and like a lot of people they freak cuz they just don't know or have never really been around them.
    My good friend now is freaked out by snakes but as she and I talk about Ozzy I can see a slight interest peak, heck they other day she called me to tell me about a show she watched on Animal Planet and it was Venom ER no less.
    So sometimes people get over it if they just have some positive exposure to it.
    I still don't think my friend would want to hold Ozzy but she will at least come in the same room now
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

white stripe around body, genetic?

I remember being about 10 yo and trying to convince my mom to let me buy one of the cute Garter snakes
    I started out with garters, although they were wild-caught at my family-s cabin. I'd go there with my dad and a few of my friends, and we would come home with buckets of frogs and snakes, since he was ognorant of everything going on around him, we could get away with it. Then back at home, my mom would throw a fit, but eventually concede and let me keep a few snakes around. I "grew out" of catching wild garter, and got into BPs a little over a year ago. Snakes are just the best pets, and our friends like them too. When we go out, everyone wants to know "how are the snakes doing?"
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.