Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,880

1 members and 2,879 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: invert pics

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

more random pics

well i found another interesting bug today. i was walking n my patio and i saw alittle anthill type theing except the whole was alot bigger. so i decided to investigate. i flipped of a brick that the hole was ight next too and a chunk of dirt came up. under it was some sort of burrowing bee. i accidently injured it when trying to excavate it out with a stick. :cry:. it couldnt fly anymore. i got some pics of it for you guys to see though.

this one is alittle bit blurry. notice how awesome looking the eyes are!

i like the black and white stripes too.

here it is outide of its hole:

i was gettin a little too close for my crappy camers macro. so they are alittle blurry. but theres a good enough amount of detail.

and here are my little friends, while im posting. they are getting so big! the order goes : Beauty; the Pink Zebra Beuty, Death; the Green Bottle Blue, Hun; the one i dont know the common name for, and Nina; the Red Leg.

<look at how fat that abdomen is! she just took a cricket that was as big as her. i was proud of her. and thats a squashed penny from disneyland.

Thanks

invert pics

The bug you found is a locust, I use to play with them as a kid....

I cant remember the whole story, but thier babies live under ground for around 10 yrs. or so before they come out to breed themselves. Have to look around for info on them.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    i dont know how it happened...but there is a mass confusion in america as to what a locust is. i locust is a grasshopper.

thats a locust^
    lo·cust n.
    Any of numerous grasshoppers of the family Acrididae, often migrating in immense swarms that devour vegetation and crops.

i dunno if my pics are that blurry...but it was deffinatley not a locust. lol. i hope you didnt play with bees as a child. grasshoppers are fun though! oh and the thing you described as the underground thing is a cicada(sp.). i used to be scared of those. those are he things that make all the buzzing in the trees.

Thanks
    Right you are, Mike. Those are some very interesting photos of that bee. I wish your camera could have produced more detail. I love looking at photos like that - things we don't usually see up close and in detail, but usually flying around outside instead - but I don't think I'd have the nerve to get close enough to take any myself. Thanks for sharing those.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Help with temperatures

thanks for lookin. next time i find omething ill keep it around until i can get my brother camera. im not sure exactly what kind it is. its not a digital, hopefully ill be able to use a different lens to get real close.