Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,044

0 members and 3,044 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,727 Times in 1,257 Posts

Re: Rescued Savannah please help. Lockjaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Grid View Post
    I couldn't get the camera today, but I almost certainly can get it tomorrow.

Again is there anything I should do for now?
    Yes.

Your next post should be a recap of a what a qualified herp vet tells you after you take your sav in tomorrow. Share the diagnosis and prescribed treatment with the forum for future reference.

Regardless of the quality of the pics, last time I checked there were no vets here that can help you. Take him in to see a real herp vet who can properly diagnose and treat him. Most vets will work out a payment plan for you to tide you over until your next paycheck.
    Last edited by Skiploder; 12-17-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I don't know what the vets are like where you are... but none of the vets I've EVER dealt with will run a tab on an unknown client.

The only reason I ever was allowed to run a tab, was when I worked at the shop who subleased from them, so sort of like I worked with the vet, and was allowed to rub a tab.

But every herp owner should build a relationship with a herp vet, so that when something DOES pop up, they can try to negotiate a plan of treatment and not just suddenly appear saying "Gee, I don't have money but I promise to pay later if you treat him now." which doesn't inspire confidence. Vets might become a vet because they love animals but the bottom line is that it's a business and without a good solid prior history, it's difficult to trust that someone will pay their bill.

Good luck with the lizard, hopefully he shows the hardiness of a monitor and you can get the issue cleared up and he'll be chomping on food and tail whipping you with vigor soon.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Any updates????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12