Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,147

2 members and 3,145 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    This thread is for those who own both a royal python and a boa constrictor imperator. I want to hear your take on the differences between the two animals when it comes to handling. In the short time I have had a boa, I've learned how incredibly different they are from ball pythons. Handling is a whole different story. My boa seems like he hates to hang. He cannot stand to not be wrapped around something, so he is very quick to throw his tail or body around to try to grab ahold of something (your arm). Naturally, this scares the hell out of everyone that tries to handle him. I've learned to deal with it, but it still is challenging at times. I do trust him, however, not to bite. He's a very nice snake, just wild sometimes. My pythons are WAY more easy going, though. They will let you place them however you want. Is it just that my boa is still young, and a bit nervous at times, or are all bci's this way? Thanks in advance.
    -Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

Thanks
    Hey Wizill
    Not to worry as mine acts the same shes likes to move and cling to things arms, legs, necks. I just leave mine to move with in reason and for exercise I'll support her tail and let her body droup so she has to pull herself back up to my arm other than that when hold her I always to keep her confortable support her body(midbody) & tail. With my Ball Python he just like to hide out in my shirt pockets or hoods sometimes my hat. Hope that helped, and no worries if it bites it doesn't hurt trust me my girl is approx4.5-5' and I've been kissed a couple times(in the face) just bloody really no pain.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    ya my big bci is the same way. im sure the little one will be the sma eway once i cant support the whole thing in one hand. haha. but i have to reach into the big guys cage with both hands...one for mid body and one for the tail. usually he just looks around with his head or comes and climbs on me. my bigger one is probably about the same size as andrews, maybe a little bigger...i know i sure as heck wouldnt get bitten. it would scare the crap outa me. haha...i dread the day it happenes. but no doubt, it will.

Thanks
    Not to derail the topic but our AfRock (baby bout 3.5') acts very similar - always looking to hook that prehensile tail around something and get a coil or two around for anchorage. She is never still either (unless she works her way under your shirt on your shoulders - she will just "grind" away then) but doesnt seem to mind hanging headfirst so she can lift that 3/4 of her body and point it at the next nearest person. Extremely different from the balls, who even when exploring have a very cautious deliberate pace by comparison. Much like your BCI Will, folks are reluctant to hold something that active.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."