Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,946

0 members and 2,946 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

help with buying tank

hello i am new to these forums and will be getting my first ball python for christmas thanks to my lovely girlfriend.

Now i know that they dont like being in tanks that are too big but i dont want to buy 2 tanks so is it ok to buy a big tank and section it off and slowly make it bigger as the snake grows? or should i just buy a starter and then buy a full size when its bigger

Thankyou in advance

Thanks
    start them out in a tub than move on to a tank

Thanks

Re: help with buying tank

ok thankyou i just thought it might of been more worthwhile to just section it off but if its better to have it in a tub first i guess i can salvage some things out the tub anyway thankyou very much

i will upload a pic of him later aint decided on a name yet

Thanks

Another option would be to get a 20 gallon long terrarium with sliding/locking screen top. it may seem a little big for a hatchling, which I assume is what you're getting. But it really isn't once you include 2 hides, water bowl, a couple plants/trees and such. Just clutter it up with vegetation and it will be a pleasure to look at. Yes it's more stuff to clean but if this is your first ball python you might as well show it off. I haven't had any troubles from my 2 pythons on 10 and 20 gallon terrariums. Zero stress, Zero aggression, and zero problems feeding/shedding inside the terrarium. Some folks here think they're difficult to keep up temps and humidity, but with just a couple small tricks that is easily fixed. I'll post some pics later for comparison. And WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BALL PYTHONS!
    TheSnakeGuy

- Python Regius -
    1.0 Spider Mojave - "Tweak"
    0.1 Mystic Pastel - "Oracle"

Wish List . . . .someday
    Lavender Albino Pied(Dreamsicle) Ball Python
    2. Albino Burmese Python
    3. Mystic Potion Ball Python(Breeders)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheSnakeGuy For This Useful Post:

JeRMz (12-04-2012)

Thanks

Thankyou very much i might just get a full size tank and just fill itup and section it off if it looks too big.
    how do i upload a pic
    Last edited by Spuggie; 12-04-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    This for pictures-
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1848800

And take a look at this, I prefer tubs.
    http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1513785

Edit: Dang picture link isn't working... What the heck?

Let's try this-

Hello everyone!

I have been seeing the question arise more and more and that is : "How do I post pictures?"

So today I will give you a complete step by step tutorial on how to do so! ( using photobucket )

So Step one :

Go to http://photobucket.com/

Step two :

Click the sign up button in the right hand corner to sign up for an account.

Step three :

Fill in all your info and click sign me up! (Click no thanks when prompted for a pro account) You will then be sent to your home screen!

OPTIONAL STEP ONE :

Editing your photo so it is not massive.

Open a photo editing software. I use paint (windows 7) because its fast and easy. Once you have paint opened choose your photo by clicking the little blue box with a smaller white box in the left hand corner.

OPTIONAL STEP TWO :

After opening your photo you will see that it is quite huge!

OPTIONAL STEP THREE :

Re sizing the photo. Click the re size button in the top bar. After doing so click the pixels circle that is beside percentage. Now type in what amount of pixels you would like to re size your photo to. I usually make my horizontal 640 pixels and the vertical automatically gets changed to keep the ratio even and not stretched.

OPTIONAL STEP FOUR :

Press ok and viola! Your photo has been re sized to fit the forum thread without being huge! Now go back to that little blue box up in the left hand corner and hover your pointer over save as. You will see an other menu appears. Click the first option PNG picture because it will save it at highest quality. Now name and save your picture to somewhere easily accessible.

Step four :

Now to upload your photo to photobucket. At your home screen you will see a green upload button at the top of your page. Click this button.

Step five :

Click the big green button in the middle of the screen and it will bring up a new window for you to locate your picture. Locate your picture and click on it followed by clicking the open button in the lower right side of the new window. The photo will automatically begin to upload to your account!

Step six :

Once the upload is complete, click the view album button. It will then take you back to your home screen!

Step seven :

Now lets get the picture onto the thread! Hover over the picture you want to post. Now some boxes will appear underneath it. Go down to IMG code and click on the URL beside it. It may automatically copy the URL or it may not. If it doesnt you can just highlight the URL then right click copy or press ctrl+v on your keyboard.

Step eight :

Now all you have to do is paste that IMG code into your thread box or reply box and PRESTO! You have officially posted a picture on the forums!

Step nine :

DANCE!

Hope this helps a lot of people out!

-reptiliachnids

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by DooLittle; 12-04-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks

It looks like a lot of steps for posting picture, but once you do it a couple times it's really easy. Here's my 20 gal long terrarium just before I put my baby Blood Python in it. The same principal applies for ball pythons. Even though it's a big terrarium there isn't much open floor space for a snake to feel exposed and/or insecure. A ball python can live easily in one of these for 2+ years before having to upgrade to a 40 gallon, which is ideal for an adult. Hope this helps.

TheSnakeGuy

- Python Regius -
    1.0 Spider Mojave - "Tweak"
    0.1 Mystic Pastel - "Oracle"

Wish List . . . .someday
    Lavender Albino Pied(Dreamsicle) Ball Python
    2. Albino Burmese Python
    3. Mystic Potion Ball Python(Breeders)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think if you section the tank off it would work just fine. How do you plan to section it off? That's the only thing I'm questioning.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSnakeGuy View Post
    It looks like a lot of steps for posting picture, but once you do it a couple times it's really easy. Here's my 20 gal long terrarium just before I put my baby Blood Python in it. The same principal applies for ball pythons. Even though it's a big terrarium there isn't much open floor space for a snake to feel exposed and/or insecure. A ball python can live easily in one of these for 2+ years before having to upgrade to a 40 gallon, which is ideal for an adult. Hope this helps.

That seems like way too much substrate for your UTH to be effective. Substrate should be around 1/2 inch thick.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by martin82531; 12-05-2012 at 12:57 AM.
    0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
    1.0 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Het Snow BCI
    1.0 Lesser Ball Python