Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,255

3 members and 3,252 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks

Lola Gets spayed today!

Hey to all you Lola lovers LOL,

The little girl turned 6 months old on Nov 30th so it was time to book her appointment to get spayed.

Luckily my vet is awesome and fit us in ASAP so today she went!

I couldnt help but feel TERRIBLE! and AWFUL and GUILTY. I felt so terrible putting her through this but its so weird. I have been there for my cats spaying, my family dog (who isnt with us anymore) his neutering and also my sisters dogs neutering. But for some reason for Lolas spaying I feel terrible lol. I know its just me being silly but surgery is surgery and its scary :/

Especially when its on a squishy face like this :

Anyways I know its for the greater good. She never went in heat before the spaying which I knew she could go into anytime now but thankfully she didnt. I really dont want to clean up any bloody heats.

Since she is a purebred english bulldog I got the question "are you not going to breed her first?" quite a bit. Well for the simple fact of english bulldog births usually end in a C-section, I would rather not put my little girl through that process.

So yah I took her in at 7:30 this morning and am sitting here waiting till 1 so I can call to see how the surgery went.

Oh also I had the option while she was getting worked on to get her micro-chipped. So since it was a lot cheaper then what I thought I ended up going through with that and getting her micro-chipped. I have wanted to for a while but was unsure but I am defiantly glad I did.

So yah there is my mini rant thats not really a rant LOL

Just wanted to talk

I cant wait to see mah baby girl!!! I pick her up tonight at 6!
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly. I always hate dropping my animals off for that. I worry so much until its done and over. Even though its a very standard procedure, I still worry, its my babies after all. Good job with the microchip! My babies are chipped, I would want every chance to get them back if they ever got lost. Make sure you let us know when she out of surgery.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

BPnet Senior Member WarriorPrincess90's Avatar
    Thanks
    I work for a vet...and let me tell you...given the chance I'd be in the surgery sweet with my animals. Not that I could do anything if anything went wrong...but I'd feel better being there. Plus, watching surgeries is so cool. It takes our surgeon no more than a few minutes once the animal is on the table to complete the spay. It's crazy! Never seen anything go wrong in the time I've been there...so no worries. :3 A VERY standard procedure. We have at least one spay or neuter a day.

She's gonna be awfully whiney and pathetic when you pick her up though. If they don't offer you an e-collar for her, you should pick one up while you're there. That way she can't lick at the incision and cause an infection.

- Nakita

Thanks
    I would feel horrible because of what is actually happening. I personally don't support spaying and neutering pets, and it is becuase I believe that doing so has no benefit to the animal if housed properly and only benefits the owner. Un-necessary procedure IMO. I know that male dogs that are neutered live longer because they will escape and go chasing ladies but if you as an owner maintain the fence in the yard properly that can't happen, can it? Not telling you that you're a bad person, just why I personally would feel horrible about it.
    Bruce
    Top Shelf Herps
    1.0 Pastel (Gypsos)
    1.0 VPI Axanthic Pinstripe (B-Dub)
    1.0 Sable het Hypo (Flat Top)
    1.0 Lesser Platinum (Sean2)
    1.1 Lemonback (Einstein.Elsa)
    0.1 Pied (unnamed)
    0.1 Pinstripe het Hypo (Chopper)
    0.1 het VPI Axanthic (Vanilla)
    0.1 Spider 50% het VPI Axanthic (Serine)
    0.1 Hypo (Bella)
    0.1 het Hypo (Hooker)
    0.1 Cinnamon (Nutmeg)
    0.1 Normal (Jane)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gsarchie For This Useful Post:

Wapadi (12-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess90 View Post

If they don't offer you an e-collar for her, you should pick one up while you're there. That way she can't lick at the incision and cause an infection.

That, or pull the stitches out like one of my cats did. She got two out the first night I brought her home. So we went back to the vet, he put in staples and we got the collar. That same night with the collar she still managed to get one staple out. Ugh, back to the emergency vet we went. I was so worried, thought her insides were going to fall out, lol. Didn't realize until they told me, that there is a layer of stitches under/inside too. But she was the only animal I have ever had an issue with, with the spay and neuter procedure.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by DooLittle; 12-03-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    It also has a health benefit in females as spaying before the first heat reduces the risk of mammary cancer. I had a citation to the study that I can dig up if anyone is interested.

Angela

Thanks

Re: Lola Gets spayed today!

Quote Originally Posted by aldebono View Post
    It also has a health benefit in females as spaying before the first heat reduces the risk of mammary cancer. I had a citation to the study that I can dig up if anyone is interested.
    I agree I have read many articles about the benefit of spaying females.

I completely disagree with you gsarchie.

Not only does spaying almost take away the chance of mammary cancer it also helps out the female. Going in heat for a female is no fun time either. I personally dont want to clean up any blood either like I have before with female cats that were not spayed.

Not only that but I live in a pet friendly apartment building with 5 other buildings around it. We have tons of dogs here so I would rather not have her be swarmed by other dogs when she is in heat.

and yes I got the e-collar! Even tho she is a big girl I have seen her lick down there before so I am not taking the risk.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks
    Shes home and doing perfect!

Very very sleepy lol and hungry of course

Everything went well!
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Thanks

Re: Lola Gets spayed today!

Awesome! Hope she recovers quickly and is back to normal soon

Thanks
    Thanks Flikky!

Also forgot to add :

She got weighed too!

She is sitting at 50.9 pounds! LOL

At 6 months old. She is perfectly healthy and in shape too. Vet says she isnt close to being over weight and thats something coming from a vet that is very strict on dogs weights.

And yes she is a Pure bred english with papers lol.

My dog trainer is guessing that a few generations back that the champion blood line might have snuck in there.
    Last edited by Quantum Constrictors; 12-03-2012 at 08:23 PM.
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast