Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,992

1 members and 2,991 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

First thread, first ball.

Hi everybody! My name is Franes, im from La Coruña in Spain;

I have been reading and learning for a couple years in this and other great forums and two weeks ago i made my first pick up, its a male normal baby ball python, near two months old now.
    I know, i know, nothing amazing here but for me its the beginning of a long way...hahaha!
    He is a gift from a great local breader, a great guy by the way, besides giving me the python for free, he have provided me of food and bedding for this little guy that is going to last for a couple months...(sorry for my english skills...) He was feeding on live hoppers but since he arrived has been eating unfrozed with no problem, great appetitte here!

One small curiosity is that the sir of the clutch on this small fella is a fire from Mike Wilbanks; Here, thousands miles away...

Here is Bamba in his provisional set up, inspired on tub set up tutorial finded here ( no water bowl since i was changing water when i decided to take the pictures)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,027 Times in 993 Posts
    to BP.net. Cute little one you have. Love the picture of him poking his head out of the tube. Watch out cause ball pythons are very addicting.
    1.0 Normal (Rocko)
    1.0 Mojave (Mac)
    1.0 Pastel Ghost (Zeus)
    0.1 Spider (Zarah)
    1.0 Butter (Jagger)
    0.1 Coral Albino Boa (Josslynn)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Cee Lo)
    Black Cat Nivea)
    Dachshund (Isabella) (Murphy) (Lilli)
    Mixed Breed (Heidi)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,143 Times in 646 Posts
    Welcome to the club! Nice little guy you have there!

Tim

Thanks
    Bienvenido! Little guy looks cute.

Sent from my repurposed iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ball Pythons
    1.0 Banana
    0.1 Black Pastel

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    Welcome. He's a cutie

Sent from iPhone 5 using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks
    Congratulations on your first Ball Python. I do have a question regarding your setup however. Is that a temperature probe in the first picture inside the tub next to your Ball Python? If so, I am not sure how you have it setup exactly but I really don’t think that is the best placement for a temperature probe. Anyone else want to chime in on that in case I am overlooking something?

Thanks
    Of thats the thermostat probe it should really be between the tub and the heat mat, not inside the tub.

Cute guy! You are going to love him!

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2
    My Collection
    Snakes
    1.0 Mojave (Twizzler)
    0.1 Dumerils (Cerin)
    1.0 Hypo BCI (Vero)

1.1 Dogs (Krackers & Ripley)

Tarantulas & Other Arachnids
    0.2 G. rosea, 0.0.1 P. murinus, 0.0.1 B. sabulosum, 0.0.1 L. difficilis, 0.0.1 A. geniculata
    0.0.1 A. versicolor, 0.0.1 L. parahybana, 0.0.1 Hapalopus sp columbia, 0.0.1 B. vagans
    0.0.1 Asian Forest Scorpion

Lizards
    1.0 Tokay Gecko

Thanks

Re: First thread, first ball.

Thanks everybody for the welcome! sure im enjoying with him here.

Quote Originally Posted by boyer.michael.s View Post
    Congratulations on your first Ball Python. I do have a question regarding your setup however. Is that a temperature probe in the first picture inside the tub next to your Ball Python? If so, I am not sure how you have it setup exactly but I really don’t think that is the best placement for a temperature probe. Anyone else want to chime in on that in case I am overlooking something?
    Thats the termohygrometer (right?) probe in there, ive taked the idea on vypyrz tutorial on this web site, besides ive seen the breader facilities and this is the way he put the probe on every cage.
    By te way, i use a low watt thermal cable under all the tub, distributed the way i can get the right temps on both sides, the termohygrometer probe on the cold side. I use an Habistat dimming thermosthat with the probe under the tub between two lines of cable on the hot side.
    The thing is that the weather here is terrible, and ive probed different heat matts and it was impossible to get correct temps. Besides the ambient humidity is higer than 70% and my rented house is very cold and humid 3/4 parts of the year.
    So i had to make a lot of test before this guy came, now i think it must be working well, fingers crossed
    Thank you for the advices, i really want to do all rigth whith the litle boy, in fact, whit the money spend on get this tub finally working well in every way, i might get a morph, but the important thing to me is that he is doing well

Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 1,769 Posts
    Ha, I see you also enjoy the towel rolls !

I threw one of those in with a picky feeder, and she started feeding afterwards! They love those things ! I'm surprised more people don't use them haha. I have a few who seem to enjoy hiding their faces in there for sleeping. I collect 'em now .
    Quote Originally Posted by reixox View Post
    BPs are like pokemon. you tell yourself you're not going to get sucked in. but some how you just gotta catch'em all.

Thanks
    awh, congrats on your new guy! You got some really nice shots!
    Noow I feel like taking a million pix of mine lol
    I never knew you could add towel rolls in their enclosures. I'm stocking up :]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast