ANother set of reviews for recently watched animes.

Demon King Daimao - So God and the Devil are just supercomputers?

Long Description - Sai Akuto transfers to a magic academy in order to become a grand priest. But to his dismay, the school fortune teller, who is never wrong, predicts that his future occupation is to become the Demon King. The Demon King shows up every 100 years or so to "destroy the world." So nearly all his classmates are immediately scared to death of him. Some become attracted to him. Some what to defeat him for notoriety. And osme want to control him for their own needs. All the while, even when accepting he is the demon king, he refuses to play the part.

So this is yet another short anime. 12 episodes. In my opinion, it was a great show…until the end. It had many things like action, fan service, magic, story, and good characters. I’m not going to go into all of the things I like about the show, but there were a few things that had me scratching my head.

1: The ending came too fast. The story was progressing at a fair pace and then around the end of episode 9 it started to go nuts. The ending was incredibly rushed. From what happens at the end of episode 9 to the end of 12, there was enough going on for a 24 episode show.

2: This is kinda tagging onto the first point, but something I noticed was the show sometimes never explained how something happened. At first, Akuto is a student that doesn't even know how to control his “demon king” powers. When he does use it, he seemed to go into some kind of trance mode where he was almost a different person. Okay, I get it. I've seen that type of character before and it looked like it could have been an element to the story that could have been explored. Nope. Then by episode 5 or 6, he knows how to use his power. He even starts to get beefed up with power and I’m left wondering how and why. I’m not looking for a long drawn out DBZ style explanation, just something to give it some flow.

3: Underdeveloped characters and stories. There are several characters and organization that are just there or just show up with no real explanation as the what their purpose is. I guess this goes back to everything being rushed.

Overall, it is worth seeing. 3 out of 5 for doing to much at the end.

Onegai Teacher AKA Please Teacher - All alien chicks are hot.

Long description - Kusanagi Kei is a high school student in a near-future rural Japan. His backwater town is suddenly flooded with reports of strange lights, but only he knows the truth. Yes, there really was a UFO from outer space, and the alien who arrived in it happens to be his beautiful next-door neighbor and homeroom teacher, Kazami Mizuho. The two of them get caught up in circumstances that make it appear as if they are having a romantic affair – and Kei must marry Mizuho to protect her secret. So now he must learn to balance being married with being a high school student, difficult enough, except for the fact that Kei has secrets of his own.

I generally don't care for romance. But scifi romance is different. There are 12 episodes and an OVA. There's also a sequel called Please Twins and a sorta kinda sequel or retelling called Ano Natsu de Matteru (Waiting for the Summer).

I really loved this show it is one of my personal favorites now. I got so involved emotionally that near the end Kai makes a really stupid decision and I got so mad I scream at him for being so stupid. One of the things that I liked about it was that it felt real. All the relations seemed like something that could actually happen. In other anime, every time the guy and girl get close to kissing or hooking up something stupid happen like someone walks in or the guy slips on a can or some other absurd thing. There's none of that here. While there are some interruptions, they are realistic. What struck me was that they agreed to get married out of necessity at the beginning of the show and then over the course of the series grows in to the relationship. Mizohu has a very cute AI being that is the interface for her ship that serves as comic relief.

The side characters and their relationships are all well done and believable and compliment the main story.

My only real complaint is the OVA which is mostly a fan service show and doesn't contribute much to the story or characters. I will say though that Kai has a contrived illness that is solely a plot device. You may or may not like it.

5 out of 5 stars. A must watch show if you have a romantic bone in your body.

Onegai Twins AKA Please Twins - Why is my sister so hot?

Long description - This is a a direct sequel to Please Teacher. It takes place 1 year after the events in Please Teacher. There a 12 episodes and an OVA. A guy (Kamishiro Maiku) and two girls (Miyafuji Miina and Onodera Karen) were all orphaned as young children. All they have of their past is a picture. The picture leads them all to the same house. Kaiku gets there first an rents it out. The other girls both show up at the house on the same day claiming to be his twin sister because both have the same picture. So he decides to let both stay with him until they can figure it out. Over the course of the show some romantic tension builds but they all hold back because of the "what if we're related?" thing. They all end up going to the same high school and have, guess who as their teacher. Eventually the truth is found.

All the characters from Please Teacher eventually show up in some form. Mainly the teacher and the now class president who was previously a very shy girl. The fact that the teach is an alien is only alluded to once in the entire show. It is also now common knowledge that her and Kai are married. Sadly Kai doesn't speak at all until the very last episode. Also, Mizuho's AI freely roams the town and no one cares since it is a "UFO town." He is seen hanging around with the girls a lot.

If you like Please Teacher this is worth watching. I give it a 3 out of 5 for teasing me with the old characters I wanted to see more of and for the awkward almost incest moments.

And while we are at it....

Ano Natsu de Matteru - This could have just been called Please Senpai.

Long description - This is a recent show. Like form earlier this year recent. 12 episodes. No OVA...yet. One night, Kaito Kirishima is out in the countryside trying out an heirloom 8mm motion camera inherited from his grandfather - when suddenly he witnesses a large flash of light, only to sustain fatal injuries as an alien spaceship crash-lands nearby. However, the beautiful female alien piloting the ship resuscitates him using nano-machines ... and then reappears soon afterwards as an "exchange student", calling herself Ichika Takatsuki. Through circumstance, Ichika ends up living with Kaito, and she soon joins Kaito and his friends as they spend the following summer on a film project, while their personal relationship slowly begins to blossom.

None of the characters from the other Please shows are here. Most accept it as just influenced by since it is done by the same author. There are some subtle references though. The plot is very similar to Please Teacher with some notable exceptions. One being that a relationship between two students is a lot less awkward than a student and a teacher. And there is a love decahedron going on. Basically, A likes B who likes C. D likes A and F likes D. So except for the two main characters there is a lot of unrequited love. Lastly, everyone ends up finding out that Ichika is an alien and doesn't have a problem with it. And it turns out one of the friends in their circle is a member of MIB (no joke, there's an MIB Japan HQ, I swear I saw Tommy Lee Jones in there) and end up helping them in the end. I didn't like the ending though. It leaves you all sad unless you watches the end credits in full to see all that sadness erased with one clip at the end. There really should be OVA to explain what happened there further.

4 out of 5 for super sad ending with a happy tease.

That's it for now.