Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,241

1 members and 3,240 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks

Snake Shed Questions

I will be moving my snakes into a shed, I plan on insulating the walls some and closing off the windows. The shed is about 16 x 8. It is about 6 ft at it's shortest and inclines upwards to about 8 feet, maybe 9. Anyway I plan to heat it using a space heater and maybe put a small fan in there to keep the air moving. I can't think of any problems but I decided to post this just in case anyone had prior experience to a similar setup and found a problem. SO if anyone sees any potential problems as far as heat and air movement, please chime in. Or any other problems with this kind of snake room idea. Thanks!
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07

Thanks
    In Miami, I'd be thinking about ways to cool it during the summer months. I don't think you'll have problems in the winter as it doesn't get too cold and you can supplement with a space heater, but I think you're going to need a window AC unit for summer.
    Kevin Johnson
    0.2 Normal BP -- 0.1 Pastel BP -- 0.1 Spider BP -- 0.1 Het Red Axanthic BP -- 0.1 Ghost dinker
    2.1 Het Pied BP
    1.0 Lesser Bee BP -- 1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly BP -- 1.0 Mojave BP -- 1.0 Black Pastel BP -- 1.0 Cinny (poss het ghost) -- 1.0 Champagne

1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python

1.0 Hypo/Hog Island Boa

iHerp
    Facebook
    Google+

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by that_dc5 View Post
    I will be moving my snakes into a shed, I plan on insulating the walls some and closing off the windows. The shed is about 16 x 8. It is about 6 ft at it's shortest and inclines upwards to about 8 feet, maybe 9. Anyway I plan to heat it using a space heater and maybe put a small fan in there to keep the air moving. I can't think of any problems but I decided to post this just in case anyone had prior experience to a similar setup and found a problem. SO if anyone sees any potential problems as far as heat and air movement, please chime in. Or any other problems with this kind of snake room idea. Thanks!
    Hook your space heater up to a thermostat. Don't point the fan directly at one rack as the temps in this rack will be drastically different than the rest of the room. I'd actually get a few of the desk oscillating fans to circulate heat evenly. Do you have any back up plans if you loose power? Make sure there is a lock on your shed so no one can steal your snakes or other items. And have you made plans for summer yet? How are you going to cool?

BPnet Senior Member TheSnakeEye's Avatar
    Thanks
    For winter I think a space heater will be fine because although it doesn't get freezing temperature it can get fairly cold for a few days. As for the summer, I will have an inside/outside unit which is the window AC's. Even then it doesn't get too hot in that shed, it's under a tree and you guys would be surprised how much of a difference shade makes. But still I will have an AC.
    Instagram: @NexusReptiles
    Faunaclassifieds: spujol26
    BLBC: spujol26
    www.facebook.com/TheSnakeEye07