Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,073

1 members and 2,072 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Samson Shedding!! (lots of pics)

Well today I went to get Bob and Nanners supper, They have a Boa there that they have labled as a "Common Boa". I have seen him there for a while and always thought he was really cool so today I broke down and asked to hold him/her.

Well that was a mistake :wink: I instantly fell in love with this beautiful animal. I would say he was between 14 and 16 inches long with a decent amount of girth. I cannot determine if it is a BCI or a BCC though. It was really gray almost silver then he had the red highlighted tail. It was incredibly curious and friendly and I didn't want to put him back.

They want $100 bucks for him though and that combined with all the neccessary equipment means no new Boa for me :cry:. I am gonna have to take my camera with me next week or something and get a pic and see if you guys can tell me which one he is cause who knows he could be there for a while and I may be able to get him who knows.
    Tiger is Here
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/

1 Red Tail Boa - Jay
    1 Ball Python - Silent Bob
    1 Coastal Carpet Python - Berber
    1 Spoiled princess feline - Meechie
    2 Stinky Rotten Kids
    1 Beautiful wife
    Rest in Peace Amy & Nanners

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What did the saddles look like? One way to tell (although it's not 100% certain) is by their shape. BCI typically have concave markings that create nice oval shapes between them:

)( )( )( )( )( )(

BCC typically have peaks in their saddles that disrupt that oval shape:

{} {} {} {} {} {} (although usually a little more pronounced than what I can do with keyboard characters! LOL)

It's most likely a BCI because they are more common in the pet trade and usually cost less, I think. But you never know what you'll run across in a pet store these days.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Just by the description he sounds to be a Guyan Red Tail(bcc) but a pic will clear things up fast enough. Common boas tend to be more dull in colour not what your describing. But again post a pic and we can go from there.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    RTB(bci)- Cleo
    BP- Tiger
    Tokay Gecko- Viscious
    In the works are a female BP for breeding. Carpets pythons notice the 's' as in more than one LOL. Amazon Tree Boa. Want also to get into hots but thats a side project that'll wait for a while.

Wanna chat add me soul_of_fire_in_death@hotmail.com
    or
    you could always just PM me.