Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,274

2 members and 3,272 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarFox03 View Post
    Satan belongs to BHB, if I'm not mistaken.
    The nickname? That's Kevin McCurley's Nick. Satan-Evil Morph God. Aka NERD.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Bah

You're right. Sometimes I get the two confused. I've never bought anything from BHB but I have purchased a few animals from BSR this year

I also watch snakebytes almost weekly. It must be because BHB and BSR are three letter acronyms and I get them confused. I'm dyslexic too.

Sorry!!!!!!

I still meant everything I said, regardless of getting the business names confused.
    Last edited by Rogue628; 11-14-2012 at 11:33 PM.
    0.2.1 '11 Normal Ball Pythons
    0.2.0 '11 Albino Burms
    0.2.0 Rescue Dumeril's Boas (approx 4yrs old)
    0.1.0 '11 Peruvian Rainbow Boa
    0.1.0 '11 Colombian RTB (BCI)
    0.1.0 '11 Reverse Stripe Cali King
    1.1.0 Kids
    1.0.0 Boyfriend

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts

Re: Ben Siegel Reptiles, wow what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    The nickname? That's Kevin McCurley's Nick. Satan-Evil Morph God. Aka NERD.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    I think he meant Satan the Burmese python, which melody confirmed was not one of bens snakes, but bhb.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseyReps For This Useful Post:

Rogue628 (11-14-2012),SugarFox03 (11-14-2012)

Thanks

I wish only the best for Ben and the troubles going on in his life at this time. I'm sure things are hard for him, his wife, and his employees.

To me, that doesn't validate anyone saying that any of the persons' involved are crazy. We are all human and all go through rough times.. unfortunately for them they live in a situation where their personal lives are more publicly shared than they may desire.

Nonetheless no one should be chastising his business. BSR does good work, I have a strong and healthy gonyo from Ben and it has always been a pleasure working with him. Taking this situation and comparing it to his business is not valid.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackcrystal22 For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (11-15-2012),Kt21vkb (11-15-2012)

BPnet Senior Member meowmeowkazoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcrystal22 View Post
    I wish only the best for Ben and the troubles going on in his life at this time. I'm sure things are hard for him, his wife, and his employees.

To me, that doesn't validate anyone saying that any of the persons' involved are crazy. We are all human and all go through rough times.. unfortunately for them they live in a situation where their personal lives are more publicly shared than they may desire.

Nonetheless no one should be chastising his business. BSR does good work, I have a strong and healthy gonyo from Ben and it has always been a pleasure working with him. Taking this situation and comparing it to his business is not valid.
    I mostly agree with you, but Ben posted this stuff all over Facebook so the public sharing is all on him.
    [Python regius]
    1.0 Black Butter Pinstripe (Amazeballs), 1.0 Pastel Butter Leopard (Thunderbeeper)
    0.1 Spider (Charlotte), 0.1 Leopard (Spot), 0.1 Pastel (Buttercup), Fire Sugar (Abaddon), Crystal (Opalescence)

[Python brongersmai]
    1.1 T+ Albino (Kushiel & Carmilla)

[Boa imperator]
    1.0 Hypo 100% Het Leopard/66% Het Albino (Darcy)
    0.1 66% Het Leopard/Albino (Gabby)

[Colubrids]
    0.1 Cave-dwelling Rat Snakes (Betty Spaghetti)

Registered User visceralrepulsion's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm glad this thread has clarified hopefully much of where all this ensuing stuff on Facebook, etc, is originating from. Thanks Melody for stepping forward with what you can say. I've just heard about all of this in the last few hours and was very confused before.

I'd like to say a few things that may have already been said, but should be reiterated.

Let's note that going through a psychotic break, depression, or nervous breakdown, or all of them (which are not the same things, but can sometimes all occur at once on occasion), does not make one mentally ill for life. Ben, whatever he is going through, may likely be just temporary. Many people suffer from one/all of the above, and come out of it just as fine as before. Mental illness, or the aforementioned aren't logical, lucid decisions to act erratically. They aren't a choice.They just happen, due to a multitude of variables and factors that come into play, and anyone can be at risk.

I've been in some pretty bad situations mentally and feel for Ben on a deep level of empathy if this all is accurate, which it seemingly would explain a lot, and doesn't seem like a far cry from the truth if it for some plausible reason isn't. (Though I'm not calling anyone a liar, I'd just like to be clear that none of this is conclusive, undeterred, or set in stone evidence. So, I'd like to leave room for other explanations that MAY even vaguely be POSSIBLE).

Although I don't personally know Ben, or anyone involved, I truly hope Ben, Stacy, Melody, the animals, and everyone involved are not marred by any of the preceding events. Ben, being the main issue of this all, hopefully can get help if needed, and move on with his life and business to be productive and happy. We indeed all need to show our support for Ben and whatever the problems are, or that may arise from this. He is well known and liked throughout the community, and I think just a few kind words of support for "whatever he is going through recently" from a lot of us, could go a long way in his mental state, be it ill or just plain stressed due to all of this that has ensued from the previous issues. Though he likely would need professional help, hearing from all of his friends, family, fans, employees, business associates, and just downright general supporters from the community, can't hurt. Don't point the finger, call him mentally unstable, then say you support him. Just be there by saying "Hey Ben, I understand you're going through a lot right now with everything going on. Just want you to know I'm there for you, along with many others from the community. --Your pal, so and so." or something to the effect, basically.

Thanks.
    ​"Verily I have often laughed at weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to visceralrepulsion For This Useful Post:

Rogue628 (11-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 501 Posts

I'm about to commit blasphemy. Wait for it...
    I have no idea who Ben Siegel is. I'm a one snake kind of woman, I'm out of the loop when it comes to the big shots.

But I do love me some Facebook drama, it's a guilty pleasure. So I read everything there and here. From what I gather, he's a serpent God...who 1) Fired all of his employees (via FB nonetheless, according to Melody up there). And yet, people are BEGGING to fill those positions?
    2) He is claiming a $250,000 "loss", but he knows where the animals are. Yet, he puts out a FB APB on them? And people are still "hoping you find the animals!"

I'm sorry for anyone who has drama, but there are always two (or more) sides to a story.

He's just a Guy. DON'T drink the Kool-Aid, kids! Just pour it out.
    Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrandiR For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (11-15-2012),ewaldrep (11-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiR View Post
    I'm about to commit blasphemy. Wait for it...
    I have no idea who Ben Siegel is. I'm a one snake kind of woman, I'm out of the loop when it comes to the big shots.

But I do love me some Facebook drama, it's a guilty pleasure. So I read everything there and here. From what I gather, he's a serpent God...who 1) Fired all of his employees (via FB nonetheless, according to Melody up there). And yet, people are BEGGING to fill those positions?
    2) He is claiming a $250,000 "loss", but he knows where the animals are. Yet, he puts out a FB APB on them? And people are still "hoping you find the animals!"

I'm sorry for anyone who has drama, but there are always two (or more) sides to a story.

He's just a Guy. DON'T drink the Kool-Aid, kids! Just pour it out.

He's just a guy. That doesn't mean he did any of this maliciously. If what melody says is true, he is going through a mental meltdown. You may not think that is serious, or real, but having been there when a relative cracked I can say with utmost certainty it is serious. We're giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is in fact going through this, and not just being a dbag, because of his long standing, and high standing, reputation.

I will not be one who throws him under a bus until it comes to light he was acting fully aware and not under the effects of a breakdown.

He's just a guy. DON'T drink the hate-vodka. Just pour it out and grab some understanding ale.

If it turns out he was being malicious, by all means, go nuts.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RoseyReps For This Useful Post:

blackcrystal22 (11-18-2012),FoxReptiles (11-15-2012),h00blah (11-15-2012),HypoLyf (11-15-2012),Kinra (11-15-2012),meowmeowkazoo (11-15-2012),rabernet (11-15-2012),Wes (11-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoseyReps View Post
    He's just a guy. That doesn't mean he did any of this maliciously. If what melody says is true, he is going through a mental meltdown. You may not think that is serious, or real, but having been there when a relative cracked I can say with utmost certainty it is serious. We're giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is in fact going through this, and not just being a dbag, because of his long standing, and high standing, reputation.

I will not be one who throws him under a bus until it comes to light he was acting fully aware and not under the effects of a breakdown.

He's just a guy. DON'T drink the hate-vodka. Just pour it out and grab some understanding ale.

If it turns out he was being malicious, by all means, go nuts.
    Woah! I wasn't in any way implying that he's being malicious! My point is that from an outsider's perspective (and I made clear that I'm an "outsider"), he has what looks like a cult following.

Saying, "he's just a Guy," was my way of saying that no one should make assumptions either way, in his favor or against him, based on his name.

I am sympathetic to peoples' issues, mental or physical. I didn't bring it up because it's alleged, not because I don't care.

The Kool-Aid thing, well that's just how I am. I don't really have an explanation for that.
    Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoseyReps View Post
    Good advice!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast