Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,170

0 members and 3,170 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Cape Coral, Florida, originally from Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks

Re: Ben Siegel Reptiles, wow what is going on?

I don't think it is fair to speculate on his judgments based on his condition and the events that are occurring in his life right now.
    To comment and judge on what he may be doing or saying when you are not in his shoes, not going through a divorce, extreme changes in your life business, upheaval of all employees, etc., is simply silly and unfair.

Maybe we should offer support in such a time...

I'm not his best friend or anything like that but I know better than to judge and come to my own conclusions when I know nothing of a situation and haven't been in his shoes myself.
    He that flings dirt at another dirtieth himself most. ~Thomas Fuller
    Never look down on someone… unless you are helping them up. ~Erin Majors
    You don’t build a reputation on what you are GOING to do. ~Henry Ford
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Ghandi
    Always assume your assumption is invalid!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BciJoe For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (11-14-2012),AmandaJ (11-15-2012),Anatopism (11-14-2012),decensored (11-16-2012),h00blah (11-15-2012),oskyle1567 (11-14-2012),Ridinandreptiles (11-14-2012),SlitherSister (11-14-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts
    For those who are curious about the Jerry story Ben posted about it on Fauana a little over a month ago. . .

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=354836 link so you don't have to search.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks

This is all very unfortunate! Hopefully everything will be resolved soon, so all those animals won't suffer!
    ~Wendy~

RepStylin®

Reptile Collection: Amazon Tree Boas, Ball Pythons, Boa Constrictors, Brazilian Rainbow Boas, Carpet Pythons, Chondro, Corn Snakes, King Snakes, Milk Snakes and a Retic. Too many morphs to list anymore!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wendhend For This Useful Post:

BciJoe (11-14-2012)

Thanks
    What animals are suffering?

0.1 Piebald "Piper" - 0.1 Lesser "Reese" - 0.1 Spider "Arana" - 0.1 Pinstripe "Inyo"
    0.1 VPI Axanthic "Nami" - 0.1 Black Pastel w/Ringer "Lina" - 0.1 Pastel "Gembi"
    0.1 Normal "Malia" - 1.0 Pastel Het Piebald "Karamu" - 1.0 Enchi "Lada" - 1.0 Pewter "Stone"

OTHER SNAKES...
    0.1 Rosy Boa "Loki" - 1.0 Albino Boa "One Eyed Willie" - 1.0 Albino Boa "Mateo"
    0.1 Orange Sunglow Boa "Caliente" (or just "Cali") - 1.0 Amelanistic Cornsnake "Sunny Tequila"

OTHER HERPS...
    0.2 Leopard Geckos "Keeta & Multan" - 0.2 Crested Geckos "Rexy & Alpha"
    Redfoot Tortoise "LT" - 0.0.1 Strawberry Pineapple Pacman Frog "Polo"

OTHER NON-HERPS...
    0.1 American Bulldog "Maui - 0.1 Shiba Inu "Mako" - 1.0 White Cat "Lucaya"
    0.1 Albino Skunk "Lakota" - 1.0 Hedgehog "Herbie" - 0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula "Harriet"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFox03 View Post
    Why would he tell you over the phone anything different that what's being posted on FB? He doesn't know you from Adam, so he's going to keep up with the "I've been robbed" story.

Re quoting myself -
    I just called Ben via the number listed for the shop - confirmed all on their facebook page is real and accurate, and is not continued hacking attempts. He is going through a divorce, walked into the shop this morning to find a restraining order placed on him, and lots of animals missing. He stated will be putting up an itemized list of animals tomorrow with hopes of tracking down the people who did this. He asked everyone to keep an eye out for any of the animals known to be his, being sold by somebody else - especially once the itemized lists get posted.
    He never told me he was robbed, he said his animals are not where they should be, and informed me he was making an itemizes list - and to keep an eye open for any of these animals being sold. Just called to see if the FB comments were a hacking (he said they were not), and if what was going on with divorce and missing animals was true (he said they were gone, he did not specify if he did or did not know who did it). As already stated, I agree it sounds like relationship drama, and I never said I knew what happened, only what Ben himself told me on the phone

BPnet Senior Member meowmeowkazoo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wendhend View Post
    This is all very unfortunate! Hopefully everything will be resolved soon, so all those animals won't suffer!
    I believe Melody when she says the animals are in a secure location and being cared for. I think that right now it's the people involved who will need some TLC.
    [Python regius]
    1.0 Black Butter Pinstripe (Amazeballs), 1.0 Pastel Butter Leopard (Thunderbeeper)
    0.1 Spider (Charlotte), 0.1 Leopard (Spot), 0.1 Pastel (Buttercup), Fire Sugar (Abaddon), Crystal (Opalescence)

[Python brongersmai]
    1.1 T+ Albino (Kushiel & Carmilla)

[Boa imperator]
    1.0 Hypo 100% Het Leopard/66% Het Albino (Darcy)
    0.1 66% Het Leopard/Albino (Gabby)

[Colubrids]
    0.1 Cave-dwelling Rat Snakes (Betty Spaghetti)

Thanks

Geez! I understand everyone here is a reptile lover, but at this point we should all be wishing the best for Ben and all he is going through and will continue to go through for quite some time. Concerns about the animals is further down the list for me. Ben, You've been through a lot these past couple of months and I wish you well.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kt21vkb For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (11-14-2012),BciJoe (11-14-2012)

Thanks
    Melody, thank you for letting us know what's going on. As soon as I saw the post about missing animals, I was going to share it, but something held me back. I'm glad to know that the animals are in a safe location and being cared for. Medusa and Satan (I believe that's the name of his evil burm lol) are my favorites and it would sadden me to know end to think something happened to them or any of their animals (yes I said their animals as I know the business was a partnership) during all of this.

I don't know how long the marriage has had difficulties but I do know from experience that marital issues can cause people to change and have mental issues as I've been through it myself. I honestly do not care what caused the issues, but I do hope both of them remain strong through it. Regardless if Ben is having a breakdown or not, he does need someone to talk to, whether it be a counselor, a therapist, or a really good friend that can be a positive perspective. It would honestly be a good idea if both have some positive outlet while going through divorce. It can be horrible....not just financially, but mentally and emotionally as well. It took me years to get my head right after being left by someone who I had made my world and then have it shattered. Although Ben may be showing signs of breaking, he seems like a good guy and with a good head on his shoulders. He'll be able to pick up the pieces and move on, it just may take him a while. Sometimes it does. Until then, he'll need support and help from others and I truly hope he gets it. If Stacey is feeling the same, I wish her the same as well.

I do hope they don't squabble and fight too much over the animals and the business. Regardless of how it turns out in the end, it will do absolutely no good for either of them or the animals if the business gets run through the ringer, so to speak. I also do hope that some animals that he's attached to where left for him. It could be therapeutic for him to have them on hand and give him something to occupy his mind with. I'm going to assume both are hurting for whatever reasons and seeking revenge or doing something to hurt the other is not going to be productive at all.

In closing, I wish them both the best. I have bought animals from Ben Siegel Reptiles and have been more than happy with my purchases. I have recommended BSR to many people because of my own animals. If I was inclined to buy another animal, I honestly would have no problem in getting another from BSR in the near future or anytime. I think it would do both of them good to see the business continue to do well despite their own problems with each other. I hope it gets settled peacefully.

My apologies for rambling. I will have Ben and Stacey in my thoughts as well as the business. They've been a pleasure to work with and see through snakebytes and hope it continues.
    0.2.1 '11 Normal Ball Pythons
    0.2.0 '11 Albino Burms
    0.2.0 Rescue Dumeril's Boas (approx 4yrs old)
    0.1.0 '11 Peruvian Rainbow Boa
    0.1.0 '11 Colombian RTB (BCI)
    0.1.0 '11 Reverse Stripe Cali King
    1.1.0 Kids
    1.0.0 Boyfriend

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rogue628 For This Useful Post:

dakotadave50 (11-15-2012),SlitherSister (11-14-2012),visceralrepulsion (11-14-2012)

Thanks
    Satan belongs to BHB, if I'm not mistaken.

0.1 Piebald "Piper" - 0.1 Lesser "Reese" - 0.1 Spider "Arana" - 0.1 Pinstripe "Inyo"
    0.1 VPI Axanthic "Nami" - 0.1 Black Pastel w/Ringer "Lina" - 0.1 Pastel "Gembi"
    0.1 Normal "Malia" - 1.0 Pastel Het Piebald "Karamu" - 1.0 Enchi "Lada" - 1.0 Pewter "Stone"

OTHER SNAKES...
    0.1 Rosy Boa "Loki" - 1.0 Albino Boa "One Eyed Willie" - 1.0 Albino Boa "Mateo"
    0.1 Orange Sunglow Boa "Caliente" (or just "Cali") - 1.0 Amelanistic Cornsnake "Sunny Tequila"

OTHER HERPS...
    0.2 Leopard Geckos "Keeta & Multan" - 0.2 Crested Geckos "Rexy & Alpha"
    Redfoot Tortoise "LT" - 0.0.1 Strawberry Pineapple Pacman Frog "Polo"

OTHER NON-HERPS...
    0.1 American Bulldog "Maui - 0.1 Shiba Inu "Mako" - 1.0 White Cat "Lucaya"
    0.1 Albino Skunk "Lakota" - 1.0 Hedgehog "Herbie" - 0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula "Harriet"

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarFox03 For This Useful Post:

Anatopism (11-14-2012),DooLittle (11-15-2012),sorazme (11-14-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SugarFox03 View Post
    Satan belongs to BHB, if I'm not mistaken.
    Hehe, so does Snakebytes. I think there was some mistaken ID

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anatopism For This Useful Post:

adamsky27 (11-14-2012)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast