Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,296

3 members and 3,293 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,149 Posts
    Everyone involved in this business has my deepest sympathy and condolences. I'm pretty much going to leave it at that. Ben, his wife, his employees, his customers, his close friends and not so close friends are all in my thoughts. The last few weeks have been incredibly stressful for anyone and everyone connected to Ben and BSR. It is my sincere hope that time will heal the wounds and allow people to get back some semblance of a normal life.

I wish you all the best.

Gale
    1.0 Low-white Pied - Yakul | 1.0 Granite het Pied - Nago
    1.0 Mojave - Okoto | 1.0 Vanilla - Kodama
    1.0 Pastel - Koroku | 1.0 Fire - Osa
    0.1 het Pied - Toki | 0.1 het Pied - Mauro
    0.1 Mojave - Kina | 0.1 Blushback Cinnamon - Kuri
    0.1 Fire - Mori | 0.1 Reduced Pinstripe - Sumi
    0.1 Pastel - Yuki | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Akashi
    0.1 Ghana Giant Normal - Tatari | 0.1 Dinker Normal - Kaiya

Thanks

Re: Ben Siegel Reptiles, wow what is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Braveliltoaster View Post
    I have just been sitting back and watching everything unfold and not passing judgement but something that sits wrong with me is on one of his auctions tonight (spider ball) a no name, no profile picture no info nothing bid on the auction to drive the price over Ben's retail price and then claimed to "just be trying to help him out". It will be interesting to see how everything settles. I guess as long as the animals involved in this whole mess are well cared for that is all that matters in the end.

I didn't see that. I personally wouldn't buy one of his regular daily auctions. I'd rather get a quality, prime example of a morph from a breeder. Most of his auctions are pet quality and I'm all for that, they just don't fit into my plans. I hope he gets it all figured out soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Braveliltoaster View Post
    I have just been sitting back and watching everything unfold and not passing judgement but something that sits wrong with me is on one of his auctions tonight (spider ball) a no name, no profile picture no info nothing bid on the auction to drive the price over Ben's retail price and then claimed to "just be trying to help him out". It will be interesting to see how everything settles. I guess as long as the animals involved in this whole mess are well cared for that is all that matters in the end.
    Just an FYI...that animal in the store had a price tag of $350 - in fact I quoted someone that price on her the day we were all fired.

0.1 Piebald "Piper" - 0.1 Lesser "Reese" - 0.1 Spider "Arana" - 0.1 Pinstripe "Inyo"
    0.1 VPI Axanthic "Nami" - 0.1 Black Pastel w/Ringer "Lina" - 0.1 Pastel "Gembi"
    0.1 Normal "Malia" - 1.0 Pastel Het Piebald "Karamu" - 1.0 Enchi "Lada" - 1.0 Pewter "Stone"

OTHER SNAKES...
    0.1 Rosy Boa "Loki" - 1.0 Albino Boa "One Eyed Willie" - 1.0 Albino Boa "Mateo"
    0.1 Orange Sunglow Boa "Caliente" (or just "Cali") - 1.0 Amelanistic Cornsnake "Sunny Tequila"

OTHER HERPS...
    0.2 Leopard Geckos "Keeta & Multan" - 0.2 Crested Geckos "Rexy & Alpha"
    Redfoot Tortoise "LT" - 0.0.1 Strawberry Pineapple Pacman Frog "Polo"

OTHER NON-HERPS...
    0.1 American Bulldog "Maui - 0.1 Shiba Inu "Mako" - 1.0 White Cat "Lucaya"
    0.1 Albino Skunk "Lakota" - 1.0 Hedgehog "Herbie" - 0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula "Harriet"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cecilbturtle View Post
    Ah gothcya... see what happens when you don't read 10+ pages of in a thread? Boy is my face red.

Still, I don't think many people without the disorder would have reacted much better.
    Sometimes it's a chore to get the info, but putting in the time does save on hoof-in-mouth ointments.

Whatever is happening is going to no matter what any of us think. If he's off his meds hopefully he'll go back on and level out. Sometimes life just sucks, which is WHY you should live, as far as I'm concerned, as much as possible, in the now, the moment. The ONLY promise ever made to you that will, as of now as far as I know, be kept, is that your ride WILL end. I'd rather enjoy my ride than not.

I hope Ben can enjoy his again too.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

cecilbturtle (11-17-2012),MarkieJ (11-17-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Sometimes it's a chore to get the info, but putting in the time does save on hoof-in-mouth ointments.

Whatever is happening is going to no matter what any of us think. If he's off his meds hopefully he'll go back on and level out. Sometimes life just sucks, which is WHY you should live, as far as I'm concerned, as much as possible, in the now, the moment. The ONLY promise ever made to you that will, as of now as far as I know, be kept, is that your ride WILL end. I'd rather enjoy my ride than not.

I hope Ben can enjoy his again too.
    yes yes...I should have known better. I feel sheepish. Thanks for pointing out my obvious error in judgement.

As for the rest of your comment. Well said. Life is too short. Sometime making these mistakes is part of the ride that makes it tolerable. After all, how can you measure your highs if you don't experience the lows? And I know you know that we both have experienced the lowest of lows... makes you appreciate the middles more and the highs even more. Too bad all too often it takes that "dip" to see it that way.
    "you only regret the risks in life you DON'T take."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 501 Posts

yes yes...I should have known better. I feel sheepish. Thanks for pointing out my obvious error in judgement.

As for the rest of your comment. Well said. Life is too short. Sometime making these mistakes is part of the ride that makes it tolerable. After all, how can you measure your highs if you don't experience the lows? And I know you know that we both have experienced the lowest of lows... makes you appreciate the middles more and the highs even more. Too bad all too often it takes that "dip" to see it that way.
    Stop blushing and feeling sheepish. When the "breakdown freak out mental issue" was initially posted here, it hadn't been posted on FB yet. So, while he did eventually did post about it, people did jump to that conclusion. Maybe that speculation is what prompted him to mantion it?
    Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiR View Post
    Stop blushing and feeling sheepish. When the "breakdown freak out mental issue" was initially posted here, it hadn't been posted on FB yet. So, while he did eventually did post about it, people did jump to that conclusion. Maybe that speculation is what prompted him to mantion it?
    Regardless of when it was made public, I will admit I didn't read every comment completely. If I'm going to make a comment like that I should give the respect to read the entire thread. I would expect the same from everyone else. So sheepish I shall feel and apologetic I shall be

Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 501 Posts

Regardless of when it was made public, I will admit I didn't read every comment completely. If I'm going to make a comment like that I should give the respect to read the entire thread. I would expect the same from everyone else. So sheepish I shall feel and apologetic I shall be
    I'm impressed. People with gourds like yours usually try to get away with everything
    Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiR View Post
    I'm impressed. People with gourds like yours usually try to get away with everything
    Luke is alright. Used to be wound pretty tight, but he's got a better handle on life than a lot of people. Not a bad guy at all. (if you ask around, I almost NEVER say anything good about anyone, so pay attention)
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

cecilbturtle (11-17-2012),Flikky (02-06-2013),Valentine Pirate (02-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilomn View Post
    Luke is alright. Used to be wound pretty tight, but he's got a better handle on life than a lot of people. Not a bad guy at all. (if you ask around, I almost NEVER say anything good about anyone, so pay attention)
    Aww shucks

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011