Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,108

3 members and 3,105 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Football!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah i'm thinking a few more years and the qb's will have flags on them and you won't be able to touch them at all.

Thanks
    Haha they'll add penalties like forcefully touching the Qb or giving the Qb a mean look that made him scared. I'm all for people being safe and all that but gooddell (ahh I spelt that wrong I think) but he's got such a need to always be in the right and impose his rules like a king with an iron fist. If you make multi millions a year to entertain the public entertain stop taking away big hits and the new kick off line i hate it. Hell one of last weeks games had a nice clean shoulder to chest hit and they flagged it and called it head to head.
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    what they need to do instead of calling crappy penalties is spend some of them billions on designing a helmet that can take a hard hit without giving them a concussion in the first place.

Thanks
    Yes! Thank you god I've been saying that for ever now, we can make a helmet that a hit wouldn't phase a person, I'm sure whiplash would still cause smaller problems but a good safe helmet would have solved the problems their trying to fix with bad penalties. Rodger gooddell is the one who I feel likes his fingers into everything a little too much
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Re: Football!

Quote Originally Posted by dillan2020 View Post
    and back to football suh shoulda been born 20 yrs earlier. years ago he woulda been the star of the league but now with all the rules for player safety he's like under a black cloud and doesn't play to his potential.
    I vote Raiders...early 80s. Suh and Lyle Alzado on the field at the same time? Yikes, thats scary.

The NFL product today is still great, but definitely a watered down version of the game I watched religiously during the 80's and 90's. By the way, anyone remember Jim McMahon, QB from the Bears back in the 80's....he's not doing so well. They all paid a heavy price for playing the game the way they did.
    http://news.yahoo.com/ex-qb-jim-mcma...5332--nfl.html
    Last edited by dav4; 11-17-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    1.0 yellowbelly '11 "Rocco"
    1.0 spider het ghost '12 "Cliff"
    0.1 superpastel '12 "Adelle"
    0.0.1 blue tongued skink "Reggie"
    15 African cichlids
    0.1 french bulldog "Stella"
    1.0 pug "Norman"
    0.2 domestic shorthair cats "cookie dough" and "Shadow"
    60 + bonsai

Thanks

Daaa bears!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dav4 View Post
    I vote Raiders...early 80s. Suh and Lyle Alzado on the feild at the same time? Yikes, thats scary.
    Early 80's like back when the raiders where beasts? I'm not old enough to have even been alive then but if I'm thinking about the right time frame and team then yeah the addition of Suh would have been devastating to the opponents, I do think Suh would have been great back then with out the restrictions and anti big hit rules we have now he would have been unstoppable. Like I said I understand the want for saftey and all that but when it seems like your trying to change the game into a soft lets all hug and everyone wins type of thing it just takes so much from the game. I mean my kid will never get to see the huge hits kick offs used to make, two guys running full speed and meet creating that boom you can just feel thru the tv and in your chair it makes you go Dam did you just see that hit! I want a new league head to come in and fix some of gooddells rules. I also wouldn't mind couple more expansion teams no real reason behind that cept if there are places like LA building stadiums with out teams even their yet why force them to take another states team (like they tired to do with the Vikings! Never mind they took the lakers from Minnesota already!!) just give places where they think the market will be a big one an expansion team. Ok rant over lol
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carlson View Post
    I'm happy the Vikings beat the lions that last game made me smile lol. Haha see Dr we went full circle lol just had to learn about mikes awesome footwear for a quick min then back to football! Haha
    Not so sure the 'Queens "beat" the Lions, more like the Lions beat themselves...again!!! Ponder? C'mon, man...! Thank goodness for AP, right? Just the "sophomore slump" for Stafford & Co.

Thanks
    Haha it seems to me that the Vikings beat the lions not once but twice this year can't say the lions beat themselves both times lol and yes thank goodness for AP he's a beast and ponder is doing alright he has moments when his potential shines thru noones all pro by their second year I have faith he'll prove out good. And if I had to pick ponder or stafford it would be ponder all the way haha but we all have our opinions about who's best that's why I wanted to start this so we can all debate about the teams an just generally bs over football
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks

Ponder better than Matt Stafford?! XD Seriously??! Numbers tell no tales!

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast