Hello guys this is my first post here on this site. I am using ultra therm 6" by 11" under tank heaters on a couple temp holding sterilite tubs for 2 new baby ball while im building a new rack. One is a bumble bee female, and the other is a spider enchi male. My quistion is, is it safe to completly tape over the hole surface space of these heaters or will they over heat. I live in nh and is getting cold here with my helix on 100 degrees these are still only getting to 86.5 degrees. I took one of them just as a trial and taped it to the bottom of the tub and heat taped over the hole pad and heated extremely more was 94.5 degrees with my helix on only 88 so works a ton better. That is oviously way to hot i keep my temps between 89-90 degrees and works great for me. So im sure with a little messing around with how much tape over ect i can get it to were i want it to stay. My only concern is it safe to half way tape over to completly taping over these style heaters, or is it unsafe as in will these heaters over heat or burn out the pad, or burn out my thermostat. Makes sence in my head what im trying to say hope it makes sence to you guys. I gave tried googling this answer and every time i punch in ultra therm and tape quistions it automaticaully goes to a uth verse heat tape comparisons. Thanks for your time guys i appreciate it.

Jeff