Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,877

1 members and 2,876 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well after corresponding with Kara, David, and Jennifer (you know me always bothering people) I see that my STP is doing what he does best,waiting for prey to ambush. Hence his staying holed up with his head sticking out is what hes gonna do mostly until I take him out for handling, or he comes out to mug somebody. :-)
    Any way Kara says he seems to have settled in nicely, so I can go ahead and offer him some grub.Well I got his rat nice and warm dangled it in front of him for 10 seconds or so,the rat alipped out of the tongs, so I sat back and watched to see what he would do. He sniffed it head to tail and than started exploring his cage again for some reason, so I say to my self "huh you must be plisskens brother,you guys are on the same diet. Killer feeding response my eye".
    Well I decided to play rat puppet with him, and he scared the living hell out of me :shock: I swear he struck so fast,so hard he knocked the rat out of the tongs, my heart was beating like a budgie on caffine.I played rat puppet again (prepared this time ) again this guys like fricken Bruce Lee he nailed it and in the blink of an eye (no exageration) he and the rat are completely in his hide,where God only knows how, hes able to consume the whole thing without coming out. Amazing.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Another rattler round up:

Great story, Paul!! I'm very glad to hear that went so well!
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yea Jojo loves with I do the rodent shimmy. I still jump when he strikes everytime i know its going to happen but no matter what i still jump. Doing this is not good if your dodgy on the heart. LOL. Great story.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks
    I can attest to that - I don't know if it is a function of their thickness and muscle mass but MAN they do strike hard and fast, pretty much literally pummeling smack into whatever they have in mind. Crazy speed!

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    Like a budgie on caffeine, eh? That's a definite image! Glad he ate for you.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I just fed hydra for the first time in her cage. I had been feeding outside but have decided to start feeding in inside. She took it well, and downed the mouse pretty quickly, and had a nice after meal soak for about 18 hours.
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Thanks
    LOL...yep!! Guess I should have forewarned you that all of my critters are accustomed to the "FroRo Wiggle" - dangling rodent = food.

Glad he's chowin' for you!

K
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Awesome stuff, Paul. Bloods hit their food hard and fast. My juvneile female Borneo had knocked the hemostats out of my hands a few times, lol.

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Congrats! Make sure u dont reach inside with ur bare hands during a feeding session. Might come out minus a few fingers :shock:
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu