Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,756

1 members and 2,755 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: logs

Thanks
    Yesterday i bought a grapevine log for my bp. It looks like a natrual hand for her to climb on. Well last night when she came out of her hide to go exploring, she found this new log. Slowly at first she made her way over the log to the other side. Then she turned right around agnd went over again. She probable did this all night cuz when i went to bed she was still doing it!! The point i want to make is that if you don't have any kind of log/branch/climby thing in your cage, then you should get one. I've never seen her having do much "fun".
    -BallPython713 8)
    0.0.1 BP (Bernice)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Yeah, my BP climbs often. I can't see not giving them items to climb on either. That's why I couldn't put on in a rack - unless it was older as I've heard they climb less when they get older.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Glad to hear she's enjoying her new cage furniture.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I read in one of my snake books, that snakes (in their study, it was rattlesnakes they observe) become more active and stick out their tongues more often when a new item is placed in their enclosure. I guess it's a good way to stimulate their little snaky minds!
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    we picked up a large grapevine log to put in our BP's new tank yesterday.
    did you do any thing to clean it first? or did you just put it in there?
    reason I ask is the lady at petland said it is safe to just put in his tank with out cleaning, but Im still not sure.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If it comes from the petstore, it should be fine to put right into the cage. It's the stuff you pick up from outside that you need to worry about. All sorts of tiny little critters we might not notice. But if you're still leary, it wouldn't hurt to soak it in diluted alcohol and/or toss it in the oven at about 200*F for about an hour. That should kill most anything.
    -- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    What product would you all suggest for a climbing log? I was at the petstore & I bought this thing that I thought seemed like a good idea at the time but once i got it home & put it in the tank, i realized that it was just not going to sturdy enough to support her body weight & that it would probably end up tipping over on her when she tries to climb on it. What is a good product that is sturdy but not overly bulky to take up too much room??
    Life is like a game of poker. You can play each hand to the best of your ability but you are still going to run into a bad beat from time to time. What matters is how you handle it. Do you go on tilt or can you maintain your composure & rebuild your stack?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I use the dried grape vine. There's usually a bunch of different pieces tangled up in a box. Looks kind of like funky drift-wood. They're very sturdy and come in a variety of sizes and shapes. You just have to dig through until you find the size and shape that you think will fit your tank...then play with it until you get it braced in there so that it won't tip over easily.

Here's a piece propped up on a half-log hide:

-- Judy

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I found the best branches in the bird section of the petstores in my area. They look nice and come in all lengths, widths and colors.
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    thanks all, i will check those things out!
    Life is like a game of poker. You can play each hand to the best of your ability but you are still going to run into a bad beat from time to time. What matters is how you handle it. Do you go on tilt or can you maintain your composure & rebuild your stack?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast