Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,884

0 members and 2,884 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Basically, having a Green Tree Python is a dream of mine. I am almost entranced by these snakes for their beauty, they just captivate me for some reason.

I've never seen one in person, and have never come across any breeders, even on the internet. Are these commonly kept as pets or are they just rare to be found in captivity at all?

If anyone has any information on caring for these snakes (which I want to be familiar with WAYY before I ever even inquire with a breeder of supplier about buying one) and where to aquire one, I would really appreciate it. I will be moving in a bigger place in the next month or so and will be able to have a room dedicated to my bp, and hopefully a possible setup for a green tree python as well.

Thanks!

I too am a long-time admirer of Green Trees. If you wanna get alot of good info, check out this website:

www.chondroweb.com

Thanks
    NERD sells them and can provide good husbandry info as well.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I love those guys, too. And the website David offered was in my mind as I was reading your post. It's excellent. If you want to see some in person, try checking out local reptile expos. No guarantees that they'll be there, of course, but I've seen them at both of the two different expos I've been to. And...they are even more captivating in person than they are in pictures!!

That's a long-term dream of mine...when we're finally in a position to dedicate ourselves to a real collection of snakes...at least one of them will be a GTP in a beautiful display.
    -- Judy

Yes, once I move and get more space....and more $....a Chondro is at the top of my list hehe.

Thanks
    My Vet. Dr Stahl breeds them. He is in Vienna, Va.
    They are awesome! but the Vet office said they can be quite mean
    I love them and want one also.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks
    We had one into rescue, some of you saw the pictures.. it was a very emaciated GTP, so even when he wanted to bite he couldn't sadly enough. But a beautiful animal none the less, healed up well, and has a happy home. I keep contemplated getting a baby for my husband. he was very in love with that snake
    Rusty
    CT Reptile Rescue
    Rescue, Rehabilitation & Education
    For all Reptiles & Amphibians
    CTReptileRescue@Comcast.net
    (website coming soon)

Please help support:
    http://www.kidney.org/
    http://www.americanheart.org/
    http://www.liverfoundation.org/

Thanks
    They are truly one of the most beutiful snakes I have ever seen. I have seen them in all color phases and each one is more stunning then the other. I have seen them at every reptile show I have been to and I would love to own one. The only thing stopping me is space and money. In the future it will happen. They usally run about $350 to $500 dollers. From everone I have talked to.
    What would life be without my ball pythons and my beardie.

They can be pretty pricey....some of the "designer" chondros out there can fetch you anwhere from $500-3,000 a piece. Its of the utmost importance to go with CBB though....I've heard of people who had farmed (aka WC) babies just die for no reason after many months of apparently no problems.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah....if any of you ever seriously consider buying one, be sure to get a CBB. They typically cost a couple hundred more than WC, but you'd more than make up that difference in vet bills with a WC...not to mention the high risk of it just dying for no apparent reason, like David said.
    -- Judy