Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,988

1 members and 2,987 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well, as many of you saw in my previous post, i was worried about the strike & then disinterest situation with Hissy & the F/T. Well, as I was chatting about it with Marla on AIM, my girlfriend lifted the towel (i had placed the towel in case she was indeed a "private dancer") & she said, "Um, there is no mouse." I was like wait, what!? Well, apparently leaving the mouse in there with her for a few minutes was all the motivation she needed because the mouse had indeed dissappeared. I searched through the glass with a flash light to make sure it was not under one of her hides or anything & it was definately gone. The mice I got are a little smaller than what i was expecting (they are as long as I thought, just not as fat) & I could not see a lump in her body at all. But, since Doc said that she was thin & because the mice are a bit small, i decided to feed her a second one. I thawed it, made it do the dance with the tongs & within 45 seconds that one was on its way to Hissy's Tummyville! I just looked in there & she is fat & happy relaxin in the heat & digesting away!

I apologize for not updating sooner but as soon as I fed her the second mouse, i had to go to work. Apparently i can add my name to the never had trouble feeding category cuz this little girl can eat! What a relief, I am SO happy! In a day or two I need to clean her cage (she has some pee pee in her warm hide) but i want to wait til she digests cuz i don't want her regurgin. Daddy loves his fat & happy little angel! 8)
    Life is like a game of poker. You can play each hand to the best of your ability but you are still going to run into a bad beat from time to time. What matters is how you handle it. Do you go on tilt or can you maintain your composure & rebuild your stack?

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Congrats!
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks
    That's great Eddie! Except I was on the phone and had to leave for my daughter's play, so we never actually got to chat. But congrats on the good feed.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Oh yeah! Sorry marla, I tried talkin to you about it. I was talkin to some one, perhaps it was Smulkin. Sometimes i have a hard time keeping track of who is who from the forums to AIM. The names tend to differ so much.

Here is a question though: if the mice are a lot smaller than what I was expecting & than i think she is ready to eat, is it ok to keep feedin her two at a time for a while until this large lot of mice is gone (the one dis-advantage of ordering from rodentpro is that 100 is their minimum) & then just order a bigger size?? :?:
    Life is like a game of poker. You can play each hand to the best of your ability but you are still going to run into a bad beat from time to time. What matters is how you handle it. Do you go on tilt or can you maintain your composure & rebuild your stack?

Thanks
    two at a time can be pretty hard on the digestive tract of a snake... so it may be best to feed one most of the time and sparadically feed two or see if you can't sell off some to somone in the area... two every time could take a toll.. these guys would know far better than I though.
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    If the pray is small, try feeding one a day instead of two at a time.

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Oh yah, I'm up at 4.30 in the morning cause my work woke me up :evil:

Thanks
    No, don't feed one a day. That will also make for upset snake tummy. If it doesn't leave a lump, you could try feeding every 4 to 5 days, though, but that's going to give you fewer opportunities for handling. I see offers for frozen mice for sale on the classifieds from time to time, maybe you could do that and restrict the area you'll sell to so you don't have to ship with dry ice.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I honestly don't think it will hurt to feed multiple prey for awhile until you can get the appropriate size. In the wild, they will find a rodent burrow and scarf down as many as they can. It may not be 100% ideal because multiple prey means a higher ratio of undigestible material (like fur) but it most certainly isn't unnatural for them.

A local herp expo is an excellent place to get frozen feeders because you can see and choose exactly the sizes and amounts you want w/o shipping!
    -- Judy

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    I guess thats why they grow to be bigger in the wild :?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast