Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,148

0 members and 3,148 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: beardie salad

Thanks
    Hello guys and gals another question here. I was wondering how to tell if my beardie is eating his salad or not. I am gone most of the day so I never really get a chance to see him eat any of it. The frist day I gave him his salad it was a large helping. Today I have shrunk the sixe and it looks as if he has eaten. But not really sure. Another thing that makes me think that he isn't eating his salad is he eat massive amounts of crickets to. But he is still a youngen so am I just worrying to much. Thanks
    What would life be without my ball pythons and my beardie.

How old is your Beardie? When they are babies they are primarily insectivorious, as they need the extra protein to grow properly. Once they are juveniles you can start offering fresh veggies & fruits 2-3 times a week. My Beardie would not touch his veggies until he was 4-5 months old. If yours is eating his salad, thats great....but make sure he still gets plenty of protein in the forum of insects.

Thanks
    Oh yeah he is getting his protein. I would have to say that I have feed him twenty or so cricket in the last two feedings. I would have to say that for only have three legs he is a cricket killing machine. As far as age I am not sure on that. They guy that I bought him from didn't really know much about them. He said they were his girlfriends project and she was getting something to eat when I bought him. I belive that he is a little over 5 inchs long maybe more will get the correct mesurement later on this evening. Thanks for the help David

No problem! Glad to help out.

Thanks
    Well I found out today that not only does my little gizmo like his cricket but he loves his salad. I got up this morning and gave him his 7:00am wake up call. Threw his crickets in there with him made his salad up and left for work came home and the salad was gone. So I think he has moved up in the beardie chain.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's great to hear! These guys really do love to eat! LOL Shaggy's a bit older than Gizmo, so I give him his salad first, in the morning, then crix later in the afternoon. That way he doesn't fill up on crix and ignore the salad. But if Gizmo is still a baby (I think he is, judging from the pics) he needs the bugs more often anyhow. Sounds like you're doing an awesome job!
    -- Judy