Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,055

0 members and 3,055 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    well here's the deal guys, short and simple. went to the petshop to get snake food today, browsed the herp section as usual, and spotted the most adorable baby bci. it's unsexed, and isn't even for sale yet because it's so young (like a couple of weeks old). i spoke to the owner, and told her if she'd find out its sex i'd consider it. it's 100 bucks (20 a week bc she loves me), and would someday make a wonderful mate for smoke. but when i considered the responsibility of owning one bci, never really thought about a 2nd. i could afford to house and feed it, but i need advice on whether or not you guys think i'm getting in over my head... any input is greatly appreciated...

oh yeah, the bci is from the same father as smoke, and the mother is smoke's aunt, so you know it's a beaut. (lol, just made myself laugh)

-Will

Photo Album: http://www.ball-pythons.net/modules....ndex&cat=10072
    Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    I guess if you can house it properly then all you have to worry about is food and vet visits. Hec it does not matte what we think. If you can afford it for a very long time then go for it. I would take it to a Vet before I buy it though; if the store owner would allow you to do that.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    this lady wouldn't sell me a sick snake. i've been to her home, seen her pets. she keeps bp's. good lady.
    -Will

Currently Keeping - 4 ball pythons, a redtail boa, and a cali king. Now look, admit it. You know you want to give me an albino ball python.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    not to mention, she said if it did turn out to be a male that she'd personally take me to the breeder's house to exchange it for a female. can't beat that.
    -Will

Thanks
    but i need advice on whether or not you guys think i'm getting in over my head... any input is greatly appreciated...
    I think you are getting over your head. But you can go ahead and purchace it and send it to my address. :lol: :mrgreen: j/k

If you can handle it......Go for it!!
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    I would def get it then
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    hey thats a great idea, buy a snake and give it to ironhead! im all over it!

lol...
    -Will

Thanks
    If the expense and room aren't considerations - what's left but your time? I can hardly see you thinking of taking care of your herps as a chore, bro, you clearly love 'em - I don't think she (or eventual she if you need to go exchange) could ask for a better home.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

I wouldn't do it simply because if you are planning on breeding them, IMO they are too closely related. I'm not a big fan of inbreeding.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    good point. but they would be some killer looking bci's, and if temperment had anything to do with genetics, they'd be sweeties.
    -Will

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast