Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,781

2 members and 2,779 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Ginger is the big male that we rescued from a horrendous home life. he is really fat, and really nasty; he hates people, and will not eat for us at this point. I am not really concerned, though, because I know that they can fast for months and even years. Right now, Gin is basically just getting used to his new rubbermaid and I am not bothering him. I took a few pics, though. he has a pretty wild pattern on him! Two weeks ago, he had a really good one-piece shed (which i am proud to say, was because I gave him the right humid conditions), and looks a hundred times better than he did before.

-Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    what were the bad conditions like? Appearantly that snake wasn't underfed or anything; I hope to learn what to do so my bp doesn't put on weight like that. Is being that large a bad thing?
    -Brad

Thanks
    It's kind of complicated. This guy bought him from a pet store about 2 months ago, and decided he didn't want him. The pet store had gotten him as a Wild-caught adult, right out of Africa. The guy had him in a horrible 10-g tank with no UTH and a paper towel substrate, with no water in his bowl. He dropped the snake at my local nature preserve, and I ended up fallin' for him and bringing him home. And infecting all my snakes with ticks in the process, despite quarantining this new snake in a seperate room! But I think I have the ticks under control. He is pretty fat, now that you mention it. I have read that overweight males have a tendency to be poor breeders, being sluggish and all.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.