Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,848

0 members and 2,848 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Okay so I attempted the first feed today (3-27) I got my snake on 3-17... I figured he would be quite hungry but did not eat. I removed him from his cage and put him in the feed box (with a hide in it as well). He balled, which I expected so i covered the box for about fifteen minutes and returned and he was out exploring. I had the mouse already defrosted and warmed up so I grabbed my pincher dealies and started the mousie cha cha... for about twenty minutes.. he smelled it and smelled it and his tongue was going crazy and he was in striking distance a few times and looked like he could strike a few times but alas... nothing... so i left him alone and tried again... then left the mouse in the box with him for a while and nothing.
    After that I picked him up to put him back into his cage but he clearly didn't want to go he started going all over my hand and arm and sniffing all over. I have never handled him so I let him explore me for about ten minutes and put him back into his cage. As I was handling him though I noticed his eyes were dull... I guess cloudy .. a blueish hue. This indicates a probable shed right ... so my himidity is like sixty minimum. The thing is his skin looks fine! It doesn't look like his skin is dull or ready to go at all? So here is the question, he is either blind, or his eyes have clouded, he hasn't eaten since I don't know when but minimum ten days. Also I can't figure out what he was supposed to be eating or when I have sent two e mails to Mr. Hamper but he has e mail problems so no reply, I am assuming he feeds f/t because he's a pro. He told me the size of the mouse and that I could fresh killed or f/t. Is all of this okay?

details. he is about fifteen to tweny inches long and it is said he feeds on sub-adult mice (which i have) he was pretty thick when i got him and i guess he still is though he is a bit lighter. and he's about ten or eleven months old.
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

Thanks

help a new guy shed/feed question

hydras eyes cloud up before her skin looks cloudy when she goes into shed mode.

As for feeding, try again tomorrow. Or you can try the pillowcase method, putting her/him in a pillowcase with the prey.give her another few days if that doesn't work and try again. If its hungry, it'll eat
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Thanks
    1) Don't worry about the food, he'll be fine for another few days. If he was eating F/K or F/T at the breeders, he will come around for you.
    2) Sounds like he is about to shed, I'd leave him alone till he does, THEN he should take the mouse!

Don't stress!
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks

little criminal

Thanks guys... it's hard being new to all of this haha I'm trying my hardest not to stress - but it is quite difficult. Once he eats just once I'll be able to breathe easy... because if he eats for me once I know that even if he doesn't eat every time at least I know that i'm doing it right you know.. Once i get this first feeding under my belt I think I'll be fine... until then I'll likely be nervous but thank you guys so much for all of your support it helps more than you know to keep me calm, without you I would be ripping my hair out! haha.
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

VP of Cool
    Thanks

feed ?

Ditto on what Randy said. Don't sweat it too much Jonah, from what you've said it looks like the little guy is going to shed. Most will not eat during this time.
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu