Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,994

0 members and 2,994 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMG Reptiles

Thanks
    anyone delt with Chris Guida at CMG Reptiles?I was looking at getting a pair of het pieds from him that he said have paperwork,and are guarenteed for 2 clutches, for a good deal.He was fast to respond to my emails and was pushing me to use paypal pretty strongly.I looked him up on the Board Of Inquiry and heard nothing too bad,other than he had some pics up that someone else took,but it was the same animal,or something like that with a few other pics thrown in to confuse the thread.
    Just wondered if anyone else around here had anything to share.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't know anything about that person specifically...but one clue to look for is how good is the deal? If he's asking an average price for het pieds....or just a little less...then that, at least, is not a red flag. If he's got a GREAT price on those hets...something that is just "too good to be true" then it could very well turn out to be just that.

As for Paypal...that's just faster than waiting for a check in the mail to arrive and then clear...much more convenient for the dealer...but not necessarily a flag of dishonesty.

Just my .02.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    he told me it was a good deal because someone had already backed out,so he wanted to move them.The price was a bit lower than a normal price for a pair of het pieds,but still pretty pricey.
    He has had a few people say good about him on the BOI and a few throw out some acusations that seemed kinda childish,but ive never heard of him or delt with him before so im a bit nervous about being the one to trust a stranger.
    I set up a paypal acount and tried using it for the first time this week,but i gotta wait till the next bill comes to get a code,so it turned out not any faster than sending a bank draft anyway.Probably slower even.oh well gets me one step closer into the digital age.

Thanks
    This alone would make me cautious:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...threadid=30922
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I dont' know what to tell ya, Pirranha. I'd be pretty nervous, too, if I were gonna drop a couple of $K. Have you spoken with him on the phone? See if you can do that, and get as much personal information from him as possible. If he's legit, he shouldn't mind sharing that info, and spending some time with you to help you trust him. I know when I start breeding, if that much money is on the line, I will do everything I can possibly do to ensure my buyers that I'm trustworthy.

You'd hate to miss out on a good deal because you didn't trust someone that turned out to be legit. The posts on BOI are very helpful, but really only in certain circumstances...mostly extreme ones. The problem with this industry is that so many people get into the "business" who have no business running a business. It's not that they are bad or dishonest people, it's just that they don't have the training, the mental-make-up, the organizational skills, people skills, or whatever, to run a business. So even though they are usually great people to know, they make mistakes in their business. Then someone needs a big refund and they may not have the cash, so they avoid the e-mails or phone calls until they can figure out how to fix the problem. I'm not saying that's right...just that it's not a sure indicator that the guy doesn't have a nice pair of 100% hets he wants to sell you.

I've probably done nothing but muddy up the water for you. :? But if I were in your shoes, I would just see if the guy is willing to go the extra mile to help you trust him.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    .... :idea: ....You know...our industry is full of care-sheets for the animals. Maybe someone should write one for how to run a business selling them?
    -- Judy

Thanks
    I don't know CMG or Chris, but I do watch the ads and he/they have had a lot of tempting offers. That in itself is not a bad thing, but I personally would be extra cautious and wouldn't buy any het or poss het for anything for more than a few hundred dollars from someone who didn't have pretty significantly positive feedback on the BOI or good references to back him who had that kind of feedback or who I was comfortable with already. If, for example, Randy, Rick, and Alan Bosch all had good things to say about him, that would be good enough in my book for me to feel pretty comfortable buying from him. I'd hate to see you end up buying from someone like Bruce Eisenmann or Jeremy Stark though.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I saw that one last night Randy,but ive also seen the ones where people said they have had 20,000$ deals with him and had no problems.
    I am not against driving down there to meet him in person if things dont work out smoothly.
    Im still positive,just kinda nervous.I always hate doing bussiness over the net,I feel like theres no control over a situation,so people can screw you around easily out of neglect.- "Sure ill send it today,oh sorry i didnt get time-tomorrow for sure,i swear!"

Thanks
    i jsut went to the website and i can't get anything to load,e verything is the same and am having a real hard to navigating his website. That turns me off on him period.
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

My motto is when in doubt, don't do the deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast