Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,830

4 members and 3,826 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Photography - Discussion

At the moment, I don't have any photographs to post. However, I am actively taking pictures frequently. I'll show some off later, for sure!

Just got my new camera lense and figured I'd stop by here and ask if there are any other casual photographers around. I have recently decided on a new subject that I want to photograph, and it's proving to be quite the task to track down. Realized my new focus after driving downtown and finding an old abandoned industrial plant. Just beautiful. All brick, broken windows, warped and piled metal railings laying outside with weeds and tall grass growing through them. So amazing. And different from my normal subject, macro portraits of animals, or general shallow DOF pictures.

As well as finding this new subject, I recently found out that my favorite camera body (Micro 4/3) has a Macro lense now released for it. So that's super exciting.

Basically, I'm hoping to chat up with a few amateur photography buffs and see what you guys are into. Maybe post some photos of stuff that you've taken photos of before?

I see so many iPhone photos lately that I kind of miss seeing more artistic shots from people. You know, with nice lighting, no heavy blue-hued flash... Haha. All that good stuff.

What makes you passionate about your pictures?
    - Danielle

Snakes are just tails with faces....
    1.0 Pied BP, 1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 RAPTOR Leopard gecko, , 0.1 Desert Pin BP, 1.0 Albino BP, 0.1 Leachie Gecko

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Im very casual lol. If i see something cool i take out my phone and take a picture of it. I cant wait to get my upgrade in october and get a phone with double the megapixels. Should get some better pics then.

Kitedemon and reptileexperts are both into photography.
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Hey! I love photography, am also very casual though. Can't afford to be into the hobby as much as I would like to.

Currently using a Nikon D90 and D300 with a variety of lenses. Have my eye on a nice 24mm Wide Angle, but it's on a long list of things I'd like to have.

I am an avid outdoorsman and farm raised so capturing landscapes and rural scenery are one of my favorite types of photography.

I have not really shared any of my work before, but I will post some pictures once I get my laptop booted up, on the iPad right now.
    Lucas (LC)| Snake Hunter Exotics | Like Us on Facebook | @TheSnakeHunter

Lots of snakes, a bunch of horses and an array of other animals small and large!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts
    Yep I shoot a lot . . . Mainly animal images in the wild - and even then mainly birds. I've done photography trips down into Panama up and down the Panama Canal, I've gone into the jungles of Belize to photograph snakes and birds, and then traveled all over the US tracking down rare birds to shoot images of as well . . . I'm getting a little bit more into Stock Photography for a small profit but it's mainly in the gun industry. I have a possible company picking me up as their "Nature Pro" . . . so we'll see how that plays out in the upcoming weeks. And I just recently sold an image to be used on the Cover of Fish and Game magazine :-) So while yes I am quite casual about it, some of my work is done professionaly, I just don't do it strictly as a profession right now.

www.flickr.com/codyconway

www.reptileexperts.com

Cheers

Cameras: Canon 7D, Nikon D7000, Nikon J1 Mirrorless, and a good assortment of Macro and Telephoto Lenses, as well as the Canon 17-40 F4 Wide Angle gem of a lens.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

Vasiliki (09-26-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Camel is also a photographer. I am dying to get a new nice camera. I can't wait.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Thanks
    I don't have flickr or anything so I'll post a few here - Hope you like them

Hiking through Northern Ontario - Killarney Provincial Park

Taken during a hunting trip in the Bruce Peninsula, it was COLD!

Hawaii, took this on my honeymoon - it was HOT!

Took this when I was backpacking the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia.

This was from the same trip in the above picture - Cheticamp

Long Exposure in Old Quebec City

Another long exposure in downtown Toronto

Last, something more close to home. This is an old barn that finally blew down last year out by my place

All of these were shot with my Nikon D90, most with a Nikor 18-200 VR with a Polarizer or Neutral Density filter.
    Lucas (LC)| Snake Hunter Exotics | Like Us on Facebook | @TheSnakeHunter

Lots of snakes, a bunch of horses and an array of other animals small and large!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el8ch For This Useful Post:

HighVoltageRoyals (09-26-2012),Mike41793 (09-25-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    Abandoned plants are very cool to shoot in. Be careful they often have aspestos and other nasty items kicking around. Remember getting cool photos is one thing but never never place your self into harms way. Keep alert and let someone know where you are and when you will be back.

I work professionally, and I teach photography in a university. I too love macro work working as a pro allows me to have the gear I would like usually. I run nikons for the most part but keep a few Fuji pro bodies around when you need that extra range. I guess I am spoiled a bit having a 60 micro, 105 vr micro and a 200 macro. They are all very good the 60 being the bench mark for most macro lenses. In truth gear is just gear and the person behind the glass makes the photo.

here is a couple of fun ones...

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kitedemon For This Useful Post:

HighVoltageRoyals (09-26-2012)

Thanks

Reach for the stars, and if you don't grab them at least you'll fall on top of the world.

Thanks
    Oh! I will have to gather up some of my photos when I get home. I love taking photos, but I don't have the best camera in the world. I think it works fine for me right now though. Next year, I think that's what I will save up for!

Some of the photos in this thread are very awesome, btw. They're great!

Thanks
    I love Photography and am contemplating on going back to University for it. You've seen a lot of my photos so I won't post them again.

I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3 right now that I love because it works well for a cheaper model.

I love taking Macro and Portrait photos of Animals as well as Portraits of People, especially my son.

I tend to be a little impatient when taking photos though and although I follow basic Photography rules I generally don't plan my Photographs beforehand. I think that if I did I could take some much better photos though. When I took Photography in high school I did a lot more planning since my assignments told me what to do, LOL.

I wish I had more subjects to Photograph animal and people-wise. Taking pictures of my family and pets doesn't get me a whole lot of creative practice!

0.2.0 Leopard Geckos- Gaia and Prim, 0.0.1 African Fat-tailed Gecko- Latte
    RIP Theia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast