Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,888

0 members and 1,888 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Getting a snake shipped.

Is it possible to have a snake shipped on a Friday? Just curious as to what's the best temp to have a snake shipped? Would it be like 85 to 90 degrees in destination or... Just wondering because I live in Arizona and have a snake on hold until temps cool down

Thanks

Re: Getting a snake shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphMaster View Post
    Is it possible to have a snake shipped on a Friday? Just curious as to what's the best temp to have a snake shipped? Would it be like 85 to 90 degrees in destination or... Just wondering because I live in Arizona and have a snake on hold until temps cool down
    Do you mean to receive the snake on Friday? It's more risky that way, because a delay would mean the snake has to be in a box over the weekend, as FedEx does not deliver on Saturday. Some shippers will not ship on Thursdays for that reason. Also when your temperatures are at or above 90 degrees, I would definitely be concerned about overheating on a delivery truck. I think the safest way to have a snake shipped when your temperatures are that hot is with FedEx hold at location service. That way your snake is available for you to pick-up the next morning and does not have to ride on a potentially dangerously hot deliery truck.
    ~Wendy~

RepStylin®

Reptile Collection: Amazon Tree Boas, Ball Pythons, Boa Constrictors, Brazilian Rainbow Boas, Carpet Pythons, Chondro, Corn Snakes, King Snakes, Milk Snakes and a Retic. Too many morphs to list anymore!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Most breeder ship monday through wednesday to avoid any carrier issues, shipping on a thursday to be delivered on a friday is risky should the package not be delivered it would be held at the facility and put back on a truck until the following monday.

Saturday deliveries are possible but a lot more expensive and you are facing the same problem should the package not be delivered.

Now as far as temps 85 to 90 degrees are in perfect shipping range of course it all depends on the shipper.
    Deborah Stewart

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Foschi Exotic Serpents (09-22-2012)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ok well I wasn't going to have it quite yet. I was waiting for like an 85 degree day in October

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    I only ship mon through wed. I wouldn't personally buy from anyone who didn't. If they are packing the animal appropriately, it doesn't need to be in the 80's to ship. They would just have to use a proper animal heat pack and place it accordingly.

I shipped one out a couple weeks ago and because it was going to be in the 50's over night both here, and at the destination, I added an activated heat pack but put it off to one side and covered it with a little newspaper so the snake wouldn't get too warm in the daytime temperatures.

The shipper should adjust what they do and what they use depending on the weather. Never be afraid to ask the seller for details on their shipping and packing methods.

BPnet Veteran C&H Exotic Morphs's Avatar
    Thanks
    You don't need to wait until the day time temps are in the 80's to receive a shipment here in AZ.
    Just do a hold for pickup at the closet hub to you.
    We have had several animals shipped to us in the heat of the summer doing this with no issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C&H Exotic Morphs View Post
    You don't need to wait until the day time temps are in the 80's to receive a shipment here in AZ.
    Just do a hold for pickup at the closet hub to you.
    We have had several animals shipped to us in the heat of the summer doing this with no issue.
    X2. Having recently had a rather scary experience with FedEx screwing up door-to door shipping I will ONLY have snakes delivered to the nearest FedEx hub and pick them up there.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    Balls:
    *0.1 Mojave *0.1 Pinstripe *0.1 Bumblebee *1.0 Super pastel butter *1.0 Mojave orange ghost *0.3 100% het orange ghosts *0.1 Pastel 50% het orange ghost *1.1 PE Lemonback fires *1.0 Fire *0.1 Pastel *1.0 Albino *0.1 Spider 100% het albino
    Other critters:
    *1.0 Anery motley corn *G. rosea tarantula *G. pulchripes *P. metallica *0.0.2 A. versicolor *C. cyaneopubescens *A. geniculata *B. smithi *B. boehmei *Nhandu chromatus *H. maculata *C. marshalli *1.0 Australian shepherd mix