Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,047

1 members and 3,046 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I was thinking about where I got the name for my little man & it dawned on me that it is a pretty fun story. As many of you know by now, my girlfriend was not about me gettin a snake. I finally broke her down to where I was pretty sure she was gunna cave but I had to drop the clincher on her. What was the clincher? Well, our favorite TV show in the world is Will & Grace. Our favorite Characters are Karen & Jack. So, if anyone remembers the first season of the show, Jack did a recitle at open mic nite that he entitled Just Jack! Well, the clincher was that we would call our new friend Just Jack! She was all for it & that is how Jack got his name! Where did the rest of you get the names for your BP's, Corn Snakes, Rat Snakes, geckos, etc?

Thanks
    im not too creative with names anymore,but an anole i had as a kid was named rusty-cause he was from Ruskin florida.My first bp was Kaa- from the jungle book(it was the only snake name i could think of from a movie or tv show)My mom named the chameleons cam and chamille which is confising cause i have about 3 people i know named cam that people think like eating crickets now.My mom also named 2 of my monkey skinks last year sally and harry-im kinda thinking sally is a boy now though,not totally sure though(i got pics of "her"mounting and trying to breed harry)

Thanks
    I named Goblin after a character in an Anne Rice book. Named Ghost the bci because of his pale colors. Named Octavia because I just thought it up, and later read that name in a book about Cleopatra. And I named the nippy, adoption-case male BP Ginger, cuz he is snappy.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Named my BCI & Burm after gods....Rocky just thought up.....my Black Ratsnake from DBZ....my Anole from FF....and my Leos from the Simpsons

Thanks
    My son named our bp Ozzy but said it is not after Osborne
    He just thought the bp looked like an Ozzy
    It was a toss up between Ozzy and Izzy
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks

Question on Indigo Snakes

My snake names are related to my status as a dork. The corn snake is "Maizey" and the Royal Python is "Rex".
    2.1.0 Kidletts
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Rex)
    0.0.1 Okeetee Corn (Maizey)
    1.1.0 BCI (Lancelot & Ruby)
    0.1.0 Cat (Ginger)
    1.0.0 Pughuahua (Ranger)

Thanks
    Initially, my collection started off with all "J" names. Joe, Julie, Jazzy, Jill, Jessica, Jake. As I finally settled on who I was going to keep, I got away from the J's. Zeus I am hoping will become the King of my Piebald line. Eddy is named after a friend, whose nickname is Eddy Haskell, from Leave it to Beaver fame. (In High School, he used to suck up to my mom and dad really bad! "Good morning, Mrs. P! Don't you look nice today!)
    George was named after George of the Jungle. The kids proposed George of the Jungle, or Dave the Barbarian. I picked George.
    Callie is short for California Kingsnake.
    Ros is short for Roswell, who was named by her previous owner (Fourfeathers) for her alien head markings.
    My wife actually named Jazzy. Her real name is Princess Jasmine. I thought that was kinda girly for a snake that will be 6-7 feet long, so I shortened it.
    Randy

"I think it might be helpful for everyone to remember that the purpose of a forum like this is to EXCHANGE IDEAS, not dictate what is right or wrong or good or bad. If you disagree with what someone else is suggesting, you can say so without being argumentative or completely slamming the guy (or girl)." - Smynx

Thanks
    I got Atreyu and Bastian from The Neverending Story. A funny tho, Atreyu was named Sophia when I got him. the previous owner thought he was a she.
    Franni

1.0 BP, T'gai
    0.1 Bearded Dragon, Kirk
    1.0 Sugar Glider, Sweet Baby James
    0.2 Cats, Lucy & Luna
    1.0 Demon Dog, Max
    0.1 GF, Kim

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When we first started looking into buying a snake, we thought we would be getting a bp...and I thought a "Royal Python" should have a regal sounding name...so I decided on Caesar before we ever got it. Turns out we didn't get a ball, but got a Cape Gopher instead...but my daughter decided that he was still worthy of the name Caesar.

When we recently bought our bearded dragon, the breeder told us about how they're little eating machines. So Austin named him Shaggy...(From the famous eating-machine duo of Scooby and Shaggy.)

I'm gonna move this thread over to the General forum, since it's not really about bp's.
    -- Judy

Thanks

2 headed snake

I named my ball python Hydra after the Astronomical Constellation Hydra, meaning the water serpent, cause all she does is bathe in her water. I bought her a bigger tub for her to soak in jsut because she is in there so much. She is in her water at least 100 hours a week.

My iguana Duke, got his name from "Fear And Loathing in Las Vegas" named after Hunter S. Thomsons Character in the movie Raoul Duke...
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast