Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,417

2 members and 2,415 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more herpin...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    well i went camping friday night and got back this afternoon. it was a fishing/herpin trip. my dad doesnt like to go around during the day walking and looking for rockpiles and stuff so we just did some night cruising. i only got two good pics of live ones. my camera batteries died and i forgt to bring spares. oh ya, then i dropped it in the lake :'( k here we go.
    well by the time we got close to where we were goin it was already 11:00pm and a bit chilly, so it wasnt good herpin. we saw one dead rattler in the road on the way there but that was it. ill just put up a link to the dead rattlers, in case you have a week stomach. they can be gruesome.
    notice in this pic that the rattle has been cut off. i guess someone thought it would be a good trophy. whatever...
    nasty roadkill mojave rattler
    the next day we went fishin. i got a decent size bass and a good lookin little lizard but i cant figure out which darn kind. the females were grey brown with redish brown sripes goin down the sides. the males were the same but the tales were blue with yellow spots and they had red on their throats. i caught one but i dont think it was mature. i also saw one leap ff a rock and catch a fly. that was pretty cool. (i may have been seeing two kinds of lizards)
    that night me and my dad went rod crusin for snakes. we saw countless road kill rattlers, rabbits, squirrels, and one variable sand snake (pic).
    that was all on the highway. then after a few minutes on the dirt road we found a western diamond back.

then on the way back to camp we saw another live WBD. this one was a little lighter. personally i liked the darker one better in person. but the light one looks good on camera.

and that was it. the next mornin we did a little fishin. i cought some shad that were half the size of my lure (lol...i woulda gotten a pic if i hadnt dropped that arn camera in the lake) and we went back through all the road kill rattlers that led the way home.

(hopefully i didnt mis-identify thoses snakes...anybody here who could tell me for sure?)

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Awesome Mike! I personally am gonna be looking out for Copperheads this summer
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's awesome, Mike! I can hardly wait until we get a chance to go on our first herpin' adventure! Too bad about all the roadkill, though.

Sweet avatar you made there!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Cool, Mike! I plan to go checking out the swamp down the road any weekend now. Hopefully I'll be able to snap some pics of something live.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Awesome, Mike! The Rattler is cool, but I like that Sand Snake! Awesome stuff man.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    too bad we all dont live closer...we could organize a big herping event. meh...hopefully ill get to go out alot during the summer. some of our coolest herps are way far south. hopefully ill make it down there.
    david, i dunno if ya noticed but thats not my picture. that is a websight that has all(most) of the local reptile pictures and species info.

happy herpin everybody...
    (always wanted to say that )

Thanks
    Ive never been herping!! I have always lived in michigan until I joined the army... Now here in georgia, i must go! I really don't want to go by myself though, cause i really don't know the first thing about handlling anything but nonvenomous
    0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Yeah, I figured those weren't your pics, Mike LOL......was the one you found similar to the one pictured? If so, thats pretty freakin cool.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    it didnt have as clean of a pattern...but it had been run over soo... lol.

Ohh, man that sucks. I hate seeing DORs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast