Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 509

0 members and 509 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Olive Python Questions

Hi all,
    I've been doing some research and just want to find out what the consensus is by those that keep them or have had experience with them in the past. Most of what I read says that they are gentle giants with the possibility of the odd snake being the devil incarnate. Is this true? If you work with them a lot when they are young do they end up being more handleable as adults? I talked to the manager of the local herp store and he says they're mean and will musk and poop on you. I don't know if he has had any experience with them or not. Also, I tend to find that a lot of people say they are enjoyable to work with and that people end up liking them more than they expected. Any input about Australian olive pythons is greatly appreciated. Also, if there is anything you wish you would have been told or think a person new to the species should know than please share. Ive read they can have a feeding response similar to a retic. Does that sound about right? Are they voracious eaters or can they be picky at times.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this and any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    They WILL mellow out with handling, only really freaked out snakes will musk on you.. maybe the one they had was just sketchy...
    Chloe
    0.1 Het Hypo- Indy
    The cup is useful because of it's emptiness