Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,310

3 members and 3,307 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Finally some pictures of Icculus! (and my set-up)

What sources are you citing there? The info you are citing is news to me....I've never heard anyone recommend screen tops let alone whole screen cages.

Thanks
    Well, Allen Repashy's article for Reptiles magazine is one of my sources. Another source is Captive Science, and the rest are lesser known breeders and keepers. Basically, the point is that there is still contention on this point, with worthwhile sources on both sides of the debate and I had to go with one or the other or just not get cresteds. So I went with Repashy and the others and am aware that the other option may have been preferable or that they are equally as good choices and that it's an adaptable species. Only time will tell.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Hmmm.....this is new to me, lol. I am definitely not trying to refute the info, just probing so I can understand it better. I have kept Cresteds in rubbermaid enclosures similar to the ones I house my ATBs in and they thrived. I suppose theres more than one way to skin a cat, lol.

VP of Cool
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidBeard
    I suppose theres more than one way to skin a cat, lol.
    You mean Rat :lol:
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be ~ Lao Tzu

Thanks
    I suspect that these guys are just pretty forgiving in terms of husbandry, as long as you don't make it too far outside their optimum. Which would mean an adequately ventilated rubbermaid would work, as would a screen-topped aquarium or a screen cage, as long as there's good airflow and regular periods of 80%-100% humidity or constant 50%-70% humidity. If it turns out that I have problems with this type of enclosure, rest assured I will let you and the forum know so that other people won't make the same mistake. I can also let you know if they seem to be doing well and having good sheds.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks

Het Albino Male Just Shed *PICS*

by the way that close up of the licking is totally cute - that guy is cool looking Scooby is a very appropriate name!
    1.0 Ball Python [Icculus]
    >>>>Looking for a vet?<<<<
    http://www.herpvetconnection.com/
    http://www.arav.org

Thanks
    Thanks Jonah! I think that's my favorite shot so far of him. He is so cute and fun to watch, and so is his bashful cagemate, Waldo. They're named for how "easy" they are to find in the enclosure.

Here's another fun shot of somebody else who really likes to watch the geckos, doing just that:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hehe...that's a pretty cat! Hope he doesn't try to "reach out and touch someone" though! :shock:
    -- Judy

Thanks
    She's not quite the hunter that Dobby is, so I doubt she'll try. I'm more worried that Dobby is going to jump on top of the cage and knock it off the sideboard because it's pretty light, so I'm blocking it from falling with a chair every night before i go to bed. She is pretty, though, isn't she? And as a full-grown adult only weighs about 4.5#.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yup....she's very pretty. I love cats. Would love to see some pics of Dobby, too...with or without the bandages. LOL
    -- Judy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast