Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,404

5 members and 3,399 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Found an iPhone 5 today. I managed toget the last one! Not gonna lie....it's freaking awesome. I LOVE it!! It fits my preferences perfectly.
    -Joe

1.0 100% Het. Albino
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Pinstripe
    1.0 Purple Albino Retic

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: iPhone 5 fails again...

Quote Originally Posted by kitedemon View Post
    How does location effect tethering?
    US carriers prompt you for the wifi tethering plan. Apparently they don't in the rest of the world. It would't be a big deal at all if you could download a tether app from the app store, but apple keeps removing them. So your choices are pay for the tethering plan ( you know because you're not paying for the data already...), or jailbreak and side load, which voids any warranty and some insurance plans. There are other 3rd party options which you still pay for but are cheaper than tethering plan. If it was simple as you say in the US, things like this wouldn't exist http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7...st-$30-yearly/

Android on the other hand I just download an app and I'm on my way.

Welcome to the good ol USA.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 09-22-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: didn't auto link?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    US carriers prompt you for the wifi tethering plan. Apparently they don't in the rest of the world. It would't be a big deal at all if you could download a tether app from the app store, but apple keeps removing them. So your choices are pay for the tethering plan ( you know because you're not paying for the data already...), or jailbreak and side load, which voids any warranty and some insurance plans. There are other 3rd party options which you still pay for but are cheaper than tethering plan. If it was simple as you say in the US, things like this wouldn't exist http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7...st-$30-yearly/

Android on the other hand I just download an app and I'm on my way.

Welcome to the good ol USA.
    And tack that on to the list of reasons why Im staying in Germany, lol

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

Thanks
    Bottom line is that those that are HATING on the iPhone, have either never used one or they like to complicate their lifes with the headaches of the other crap that its out there.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pigfat View Post
    Found an iPhone 5 today. I managed toget the last one! Not gonna lie....it's freaking awesome. I LOVE it!! It fits my preferences perfectly.
    I just saw pics of it last night after this battle I've been watching on here and I have to say it sure does look sexy. Much more so than the GS3, but I've always lived the apple design.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kevinb For This Useful Post:

pigfat (09-22-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Newbie View Post
    I know right! It's nuts how people can get so worked up.

Oh and BTW, saying that the iPhone fails is not an attack on any one person or their preferences. It's an, opinion statement.

No one would get upset if I said "McDonald's fails again, new spicy chicken bites aren't as great as the commercial shows" no one else in their right mind reads that as "you like mcds and I like bk so I'm superior to you" they see it as what it is, an opinion, about a single product an entire company created. If you are getting butt-hurt (or if you assume this is directed at you) take a look at what is actually being said. No one is putting you down. Yes, they are pointing out their opinions on a product you like/may own, but thats ok... You can start a rebuttle thread if it makes you feel better

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    1.0 Spider "Charlie"
    1.1 Normal "Precious" "Chumley"
    0.1 Pastel "Sweet Dee"
    1.1 Mojave "Stewie" "Little Bit"
    0.1 Lesser "Sally"
    1.0 Pied "Jack"
    1.0 Nile Monitor "Superman"
    0.1 Bearded Dragons "Snookie"
    0.0.1 Sulcuta Tortoise "Kenny Powers"
    1.0 Chocolate lab "Dante"
    1.0 Now snake obsessed boyfriend

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    So what you are saying is the carriers in the states suck? The iphones suck because the carriers are not playing fair and want you to pay for a service? My car sucks because the bob's garage has bad service. That is hardly the phones fault. So you say apple should allow you to steal a service?
    Last edited by kitedemon; 09-22-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kitedemon View Post
    So what you are saying is the carriers in the states suck? The iphones suck because the carriers are not playing fair and want you to pay for a service? My car sucks because the bob's garage has bad service. That is hardly the phones fault. So you say apple should allow you to steal a service?
    how am i stealing? I pay for the data and I paid for the device. It's like if you go to the gas station and they make you pay more for the gas in the lawn mower vs the gas in your car. Apple could allowing tethering apps and problem solved.

BPnet Senior Member WarriorPrincess90's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't see the necessity of phone tethering. :/ You will likely always have the phone with you while you may or may not have the laptop. So in theory, you would be able to access the information anywhere. My iPhone has all the capabilities of my laptop, plus some. Why do I need them tethered? I suppose I just don't understand why tethering is such a BIG deal to you OWAL?

As to iOS 6...I like it so far. I'm not sporting an iPhone 5, but my 4S performs nicely. At least for the moment. Being that the tech specs are really not that different between iPhone and Android, it really comes down to aesthetic preference for most. Apple doesn't need to come out with a monster sized phone like Android to compete. Many prefer apple to android because of their design.

And Mike, I have normal sized pockets! Most of the time...lol.

- Nakita

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    I read the us version of my plan and if you pay for tethering you get tethering third party apps are not needed unless you are trying to hack the service contract to get something you have not paid for. Again it is not a hardware issue it is a provider issue setting up tethering is super easy if you have paid for it and your provider supports it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast