Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,976

1 members and 2,975 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: iPhone 5 fails again...

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Going to twist words now? International version is the version released everywhere else but the US carriers. Its not less phone it's just different, you seem to be missing it is a quad core processor, hence me underlining it for you. US carriers (like mine) are specs as described above, if you're going to try to debate the phones, you might as well us the one most of us on the forum have, since most of us are in the US. It in no way means I can't use my phone internationally, it just what is released here in the US. still waiting on what the iphone has on the gs3....
    No if I'm going to compaire phones I'm going to compaire phone..but what youre telling me is that there are different versions of the GS3 and that I should limit my sampling to the one that works in the US because well that's the better phone..So at this juncture I will kindly bow out with the facts you've provided..

Your phone is the better phone..awesome congrats!
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    OWAL Im in Germany with a German provider, so again cannot speak for U.S. carriers. But I have no idea what a teathering plan is, sounds crazy to me....... I can turn on hotspot, no questions asked, and connect via wifi, usb and blootooth and dont pay anything extra. Although German laws are better when it comes to cell contracts.

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts

from what ive seen the only tethering iOS allowed was the pay monthy to use hotspot. hense them removing any other tethering app from the app store.

now wheres the usb tethering? the faster and less power consuming method?
    All I can say is again on a second computer I am sending via cell data and internet sharing via usb now again just a matter of turning it on and plugging it in. It is dead easy. I just use phones I don't muck with them much and if internet tethering is hard I would hate to see easy I as I said have never done it on a phone ever and it is just a single slider I have a normal plan (pay as you go) in fact and tethering is not a problem noting to change just one single slider and pairing the phone if it is not already done and bluetooth and a setting on the system and presto. Not very difficult. It always seems this way non apple people telling apple people how hard it is to do ––– whatever and in the end it is like most apple things dead easy.

I can't say much about the 5 as speculation is not something I like doing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    Google has already submitted a Maps app for the App Store so that won't be an issue for anyone unhappy with iOS Maps. As for the phone being a failure, I suggest you take some time with one. After using an iPhone 5 today I can safely say it's the most impressive piece of mobile tech I've ever used. The processor outperforms Quad Core and dual core S4 Krait processors with double the Ram. That's in benchmarks and actual use. The 5's browser opens pages in their entirety in about 2 seconds and apps open instantly.
    The screen is gorgeous, the speaker is the best available on a phone at this point.
    As far as tethering, that's done by carriers. The only phones that can pull it off nowadays are Nexus devices and some other unlocked international devices that don't register as Smartphones with the carrier.
    Apple vs Android will always be a battleground, but the iPhone 5 is a game changer. For those that say it's a stretched 4, again you need some hands on time. It's super thin, extremely light and feels like a million bucks in your hand.
    I've used every OS extensively, and I always go back to iOS. My last phone was an unlocked Galaxy Nexus and I rather enjoyed it. The 5 blows the doors off of it in actual usage.
    Nothing else touches the camera on the iPhone 5 either in actual usage. That's in picture quality and the speed it can take photos. Specs are what Android fans keep in their back pocket for debates such as this. Specs are great on paper, but laggy performance on new Android devices (including the GS3) are proof that they aren't a be all end all. The 5 has assured that I will not be jumping from device to device any longer.
    I agree, specs on paper are one thing, practical application is another...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks
    As an IT consultant I just picked up my new Iphone 5 today on renewal for my company phone. But I personally own a GS3 I love both phones they are great I like to be able to customize my interface with the Android OS etc and tether.

But honestly I don't spend as much time as I used to playing around on my phone, so I feel in the aspect of ease of use, speed of use for your basic phone user the Iphone has always been the better phone.

For the more techie folks that enjoy the more advanced features and are willing to put up with the quirks of the OS due to the open OS(droid) vs the closed OS(apple) I believe that the Droid phones have always been the better phone.

Each OS has its perks but anyone that just wants a phone to use for calls, text, email, and simple web browsing, and games. I would recommend the IPhone all day. And as an IT consultant I am not allowed to make fanboi decisions on what my client needs or wants.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    The screen size doesn't matter. The iPad 3 and there laptops have even better pixel density.

This is so ridiculous. I like my iPhone and you like your droid. Don't go putting us down because we like something "not as superior" as your droid. Just get over it and move on with your life.
    I didn't put anyone down, if your phone is everything you want, why are you getting all worked up? btw ipad 3 is only 264 ppi, nice but not as nice as the iphone 5 or gs3.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    No if I'm going to compaire phones I'm going to compaire phone..but what youre telling me is that there are different versions of the GS3 and that I should limit my sampling to the one that works in the US because well that's the better phone..So at this juncture I will kindly bow out with the facts you've provided..

Your phone is the better phone..awesome congrats!
    twisting words again..... Either phone out specs the iphone 5. Compare how ever you wish. I just figured the one most people on here would have would be the one you want to compare. I never said one version was better, one has twice the ram, other has nearly twice the processor. but do as you wish, remember this... all i did is answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    So here's your shot..in what way is the GS3 a far better device..looking at only technical info?
    Quote Originally Posted by eatgoodfood View Post
    OWAL Im in Germany with a German provider, so again cannot speak for U.S. carriers. But I have no idea what a teathering plan is, sounds crazy to me....... I can turn on hotspot, no questions asked, and connect via wifi, usb and blootooth and dont pay anything extra. Although German laws are better when it comes to cell contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitedemon View Post
    All I can say is again on a second computer I am sending via cell data and internet sharing via usb now again just a matter of turning it on and plugging it in. It is dead easy. I just use phones I don't muck with them much and if internet tethering is hard I would hate to see easy I as I said have never done it on a phone ever and it is just a single slider I have a normal plan (pay as you go) in fact and tethering is not a problem noting to change just one single slider and pairing the phone if it is not already done and bluetooth and a setting on the system and presto. Not very difficult. It always seems this way non apple people telling apple people how hard it is to do ––– whatever and in the end it is like most apple things dead easy.

I can't say much about the 5 as speculation is not something I like doing.
    I believe this is where the problem lays
    You Guys:
    Location Germany
    Location NS Canada

Me:
    Location Suburbs of Detroit

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    I didn't put anyone down, if your phone is everything you want, why are you getting all worked up? btw ipad 3 is only 264 ppi, nice but not as nice as the iphone 5 or gs3.

Telling us that "iPhone 5 fails again" is putting something we like down.

1.0 Pewter (Dexter), 1.0 Butter Het OG (Butters), 0.1 Pinstripe (Honey), 0.1 Lesser (Pepper), 0.1 Butter Het OG (Aurora), 0.1 Spider Het OG (Betsy), 0.1 Mojave (Maya)
    Sent from iPhone using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Solarsoldier001 For This Useful Post:

heylookitsjon (09-22-2012),New guy (09-21-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsoldier001 View Post
    Telling us that "iPhone 5 fails again" is putting something we like down.
    which i never said...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,795 Times in 1,391 Posts
    How does location effect tethering? The settings are the same no matter the location or language for that matter. Just a single slider a paired phone and done. I have never used tethering and I did so both cabled and bluetooth. It took no time at all. No effort and no problems perhaps why you are saying this is difficult I can't imagine. If your area is not compliant with a cellular data it is hardly the phone's issue. I guess in the Lawrencetown is more advanced than Detroit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ea...erencetown.JPG

Thanks
    0.1 Normal BP
    0.1 Albino BCI
    0.1 Albino Burmese

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BP Newbie For This Useful Post:

pigfat (09-22-2012)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast