Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,099

1 members and 3,098 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Newbie View Post
    It's funny that all of the anti android comments are from either longtime iphone users who have not yet stepped outside the box, or people who used a very old android who have no idea how advanced the software is now. Why did it take so long for the iphone 5 to come out??? Because like samsung says in it's commercials... the next big thing is already here. Every time apple is ready to release, a better android comes out and they realize they're about to release behind the tech curve yet again.

At the end of the day there is no argument between the Galaxy S3 and the iphone5. The GS3 wins hands down. The argument with every iphone user isn't which phone is better, but rather how much people have dumped into apple products. My brother in law has every apple product and has had and an iphone since the first one came out. He would constantly argue with me saying that his phone was better. Then his work gave him an S3 and now he never uses his iphone, only his work phone. The problem with apple is that many people have invested so much money into the apps ipods ipads and iphones that they don't want to feel like it was all a wasted thus they stay with their said apple products.
    You, sir, will never be satisfied until the world bows down to your "superior" attitude.

I like my iPhone. I prefer it to android. All versions of android including jelly bean.

Why are you so belittling to those of us who prefer iOS?

Live and let live man.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk on Sprint.

1.0 Normal BP - Nico
    1.0 Pinstripe - Vinnie
    0.1 Cinnamon - Jezebel
    0.1 Spider - Lila
    0.1 Desert - Lara

1.0 Cal King - Slick
    0.0.1 Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail Leopard Gecko - Donovan
    3.1 Felines - Serin, Rocci, Alexavier, Lily
    0.1 Canine - Susie Q

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heylookitsjon For This Useful Post:

BleedingOrange36 (09-21-2012),pigfat (09-20-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    I upgraded to this phone recently. It's the best and if you say otherwise it'll leave a nice bump on your noggin!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John1982 For This Useful Post:

Kaorte (09-20-2012),pigfat (09-20-2012)

Thanks
    Widgets are the best!
    I hate the whole debate and fanboi-ism (both sides), pick which works best for you and enjoy it. I am an Android girl but have recommended the iPhone to some folks and Android to others.
    But yeah, love my widget filled home screen...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 Times in 931 Posts
    Google has already submitted a Maps app for the App Store so that won't be an issue for anyone unhappy with iOS Maps. As for the phone being a failure, I suggest you take some time with one. After using an iPhone 5 today I can safely say it's the most impressive piece of mobile tech I've ever used. The processor outperforms Quad Core and dual core S4 Krait processors with double the Ram. That's in benchmarks and actual use. The 5's browser opens pages in their entirety in about 2 seconds and apps open instantly.
    The screen is gorgeous, the speaker is the best available on a phone at this point.
    As far as tethering, that's done by carriers. The only phones that can pull it off nowadays are Nexus devices and some other unlocked international devices that don't register as Smartphones with the carrier.
    Apple vs Android will always be a battleground, but the iPhone 5 is a game changer. For those that say it's a stretched 4, again you need some hands on time. It's super thin, extremely light and feels like a million bucks in your hand.
    I've used every OS extensively, and I always go back to iOS. My last phone was an unlocked Galaxy Nexus and I rather enjoyed it. The 5 blows the doors off of it in actual usage.
    Nothing else touches the camera on the iPhone 5 either in actual usage. That's in picture quality and the speed it can take photos. Specs are what Android fans keep in their back pocket for debates such as this. Specs are great on paper, but laggy performance on new Android devices (including the GS3) are proof that they aren't a be all end all. The 5 has assured that I will not be jumping from device to device any longer.
    --Walt

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waltah! For This Useful Post:

pigfat (09-21-2012),Zombie (09-21-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    Google has already submitted a Maps app for the App Store so that won't be an issue for anyone unhappy with iOS Maps. As for the phone being a failure, I suggest you take some time with one. After using an iPhone 5 today I can safely say it's the most impressive piece of mobile tech I've ever used. The processor outperforms Quad Core and dual core S4 Krait processors with double the Ram. That's in benchmarks and actual use. The 5's browser opens pages in their entirety in about 2 seconds and apps open instantly.
    The screen is gorgeous, the speaker is the best available on a phone at this point.
    As far as tethering, that's done by carriers. The only phones that can pull it off nowadays are Nexus devices and some other unlocked international devices that don't register as Smartphones with the carrier.
    Apple vs Android will always be a battleground, but the iPhone 5 is a game changer. For those that say it's a stretched 4, again you need some hands on time. It's super thin, extremely light and feels like a million bucks in your hand.
    I've used every OS extensively, and I always go back to iOS. My last phone was an unlocked Galaxy Nexus and I rather enjoyed it. The 5 blows the doors off of it in actual usage.
    Nothing else touches the camera on the iPhone 5 either in actual usage. That's in picture quality and the speed it can take photos. Specs are what Android fans keep in their back pocket for debates such as this. Specs are great on paper, but laggy performance on new Android devices (including the GS3) are proof that they aren't a be all end all. The 5 has assured that I will not be jumping from device to device any longer.
    God bless you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Joe

1.0 100% Het. Albino
    1.0 Pastel
    0.1 Fire
    1.0 Pinstripe
    1.0 Purple Albino Retic

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    call me a little tech dumb in this instancd, but what is this teathering issue with ios everyone is talking about???? I can use my phone for internet one of three ways, via usb, bluetooth and wifi, ive used all three. So saying the only way to teather is with the wifi hotspot and u pay for it???? thats wrong or atleast it is here in germany. Or am I just confused as to what people were saying?

0.1 Albino
    0.2 Classic
    0.1 Het. Red Axanthic
    0.1 Mojave h. Ghost
    0.1 Pastel
    0.1 Spider h. Ghost
    1.0 Black Pastel
    1.0 Blue Eye Leucistic h. Ghost
    1.0 Lesser
    1.0 Pastel h. Ghost

0.1 Morelia bredli
    0.0.1 Varanus acanthurus (Silly)
    0.1 Brachypelma auratum
    0.1 Scottisch Fold (Tipsy)
    0.1 Abyssinian (Prim)

http://www.facebook.com/AAExoten

Thanks
    0.1 Normal BP
    0.1 Albino BCI
    0.1 Albino Burmese

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Re: iPhone 5 fails again...

Quote Originally Posted by waltah! View Post
    Unless for some reason the app isn't compatible with the device, any android device can tether for free, the market has them sitting right there. GS3 and droid x2 both tether just fine, along with many of my friends phones. so no that is not true. Also i don't see how the camera on the GS3 can be called laggy by any means. its the of the first things i notice switching from the droid x2's camera to the GS3, i hit the button and it takes it less than a 1/10 of a second and can fire photos of rapidly. It's something that stood out to me early. The x2 had a lag, lag on the gs3... sorry.

frog asked to compare the phones based off of specs, so I did, simple as that. He keeps saying they are even, while they are clearly not, based off of specs. I can save him the trouble and tell him only spec advantage iphone has is the higher pixel density, which is because of the smaller screen. besides that gs3 out specs the iphone. 320 something to 300 something, not a huge difference, but iphone wins that one

I can't speak for the iphone 5 usage, havn't had a chance to play with one yet.

The tether issue is that apple keeps removing tethering apps so you have to use theirs. At least here in the US. US carriers have a pay to use wifi hotspot on the os and won't let you use it unless you agree to a tethering plan. After it got brought up yesterday i tired it with the girlfriends sister iphone 4 last night, it prompted me for the tethering plan.
    Last edited by OhhWatALoser; 09-21-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Thanks
    My iPhone is the best and the new maps is 100% better. Thanks apple
    0.4 normals
    0.1 yellow belly 2012
    0.1 pinstripe 2012
    0.1 caramel albino 2010
    0.1 black pastel 2009
    1.0 lesser 2007
    1.0 blackbee 2011
    0.1 German shepherd 2008 (gema)

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    I can save him the trouble and tell him only spec advantage iphone has is the higher pixel density, which is because of the smaller screen.
    The screen size doesn't matter. The iPad 3 and there laptops have even better pixel density.

This is so ridiculous. I like my iPhone and you like your droid. Don't go putting us down because we like something "not as superior" as your droid. Just get over it and move on with your life.

1.0 Pewter (Dexter), 1.0 Butter Het OG (Butters), 0.1 Pinstripe (Honey), 0.1 Lesser (Pepper), 0.1 Butter Het OG (Aurora), 0.1 Spider Het OG (Betsy), 0.1 Mojave (Maya)
    Sent from iPhone using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Solarsoldier001 For This Useful Post:

pigfat (09-22-2012)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast