Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 906

1 members and 905 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    It's funny that all of the anti android comments are from either longtime iphone users who have not yet stepped outside the box, or people who used a very old android who have no idea how advanced the software is now. Why did it take so long for the iphone 5 to come out??? Because like samsung says in it's commercials... the next big thing is already here. Every time apple is ready to release, a better android comes out and they realize they're about to release behind the tech curve yet again.

At the end of the day there is no argument between the Galaxy S3 and the iphone5. The GS3 wins hands down. The argument with every iphone user isn't which phone is better, but rather how much people have dumped into apple products. My brother in law has every apple product and has had and an iphone since the first one came out. He would constantly argue with me saying that his phone was better. Then his work gave him an S3 and now he never uses his iphone, only his work phone. The problem with apple is that many people have invested so much money into the apps ipods ipads and iphones that they don't want to feel like it was all a wasted thus they stay with their said apple products.
    Last edited by BP Newbie; 09-20-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    0.1 Normal BP
    0.1 Albino BCI
    0.1 Albino Burmese

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I want an upgrade for the opposite reason of WarriorPrincess. My hands are big so the iphone 4 feels just a tad bit small in them. Im also a guy so i have normal sized pockets so that wouldnt be a problem haha.

I played with my friends Galaxy and its a pretty cool phone. I think when im due for an upgrade in a month ill have to really play around with the iphone 5 and galaxy s3 before making a desicion. I really am leaning towards the galaxy i think just so i can compare it and develop my own opinion!
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: iPhone 5 fails again...

Quote Originally Posted by BP Newbie View Post
    It's funny that all of the anti android comments are from either longtime iphone users who have not yet stepped outside the box, or people who used a very old android who have no idea how advanced the software is now. Why did it take so long for the iphone 5 to come out??? Because like samsung says in it's commercials... the next big thing is already here. Every time apple is ready to release, a better android comes out and they realize they're about to release behind the tech curve yet again.

At the end of the day there is no argument between the Galaxy S3 and the iphone5. The GS3 wins hands down. The argument with every iphone user isn't which phone is better, but rather how much people have dumped into apple products. My brother in law has every apple product and has had and an iphone since the first one came out. He would constantly argue with me saying that his phone was better. Then his work gave him an S3 and now he never uses his iphone, only his work phone. The problem with apple is that many people have invested so much money into the apps ipods ipads and iphones that they don't want to feel like it was all a wasted thus they stay with their said apple products.
    Ok just looked at the specs.. of both phones and both seemed to be pretty even, one would be a little ahead but lose out in other area's. So here's your shot..in what way is the GS3 a far better device..looking at only technical info?
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    As far as iPhones needing huge bulky cases to stay protected. I have a 4s and have a speck hard shell for it, and aside from it not being waterproof I've dropped it numerous times and varies heights and she still rocks it out like nothing happened.

I do think the gs3 looks cool I had the galaxy s before the iPhone. But the iPhone has so much more that I like than my galaxy ever did. I'm not up for an upgrade for another 2 years so I'll wait and see what emerges.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BP Newbie View Post

There's no argument, for you. You prefer the galaxy and android. Just because you prefer a phone doesn't make it superior. Not sure why there is such a back and forth between both sides about who's phones better. Use what you like and let other people use what they like, ya know? Live and let live situation ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Zombie; 09-20-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie For This Useful Post:

heylookitsjon (09-20-2012)

Thanks

Ah iPhone 4S for the win!
    0.1.0 Columbian Boa: Nibbles
    0.1.0 Ball Python: Cuddles
    1.1.0 Pit Bulls: Rosie and Conan
    0.0.1 Black Moore Gold Fish: Godzilla
    0.0.1 Multi Colored Gold Fish: Multi Cam

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Freakie_frog View Post
    So here's your shot..in what way is the GS3 a far better device..looking at only technical info?
    that pretty easy. iphone 5 is a dual core 1.0 with 1 gig of ram, gs3 is a dual core 1.5 with 2 gig of ram. the galaxy nexus out specs the new iphone.

I've played with every iOS version up to 5 on friends phones, I don't understand why people prefer it over android. I hear a lot of "can't" from my friends with iphones.

Biggest thing for me is being able to tether to my laptop. I have an unlimited data plan and im going to use it to it's full potential lol. also I want to be able to play my n64 games and playstation games on my phone because I need to entertain myself sometimes. FFVII does that quite well.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    I have an unlimited data plan and im going to use it to it's full potential lol.
    even if I had that capability AT&T doesn't have an unlimited plan. And AT&T gives me the most bars and 4G in my area.
    Country Born Exotics

Soon to be specializing in: Desert Ghost, Clown, Banana, Hypo, Pied, and Spotnose Combos

Thanks
    Interesting article about the new Apple Maps app. Google by far has the superior product where maps are concerned...

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/...ntcmp=features
    Kevin Johnson
    0.2 Normal BP -- 0.1 Pastel BP -- 0.1 Spider BP -- 0.1 Het Red Axanthic BP -- 0.1 Ghost dinker
    2.1 Het Pied BP
    1.0 Lesser Bee BP -- 1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly BP -- 1.0 Mojave BP -- 1.0 Black Pastel BP -- 1.0 Cinny (poss het ghost) -- 1.0 Champagne

1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python

1.0 Hypo/Hog Island Boa

iHerp
    Facebook
    Google+

Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    that pretty easy. iphone 5 is a dual core 1.0 with 1 gig of ram, gs3 is a dual core 1.5 with 2 gig of ram. the galaxy nexus out specs the new iphone.

I've played with every iOS version up to 5 on friends phones, I don't understand why people prefer it over android. I hear a lot of "can't" from my friends with iphones.

Biggest thing for me is being able to tether to my laptop. I have an unlimited data plan and im going to use it to it's full potential lol. also I want to be able to play my n64 games and playstation games on my phone because I need to entertain myself sometimes. FFVII does that quite well.
    Ok so more memory and a faster processor.. the other stuff isn't hardware related so that dosen't count. Althought the specs show it having a 1.4 GHZ processor and only 1 gb or ram.. So it's processer is .4 ghz faster. Whatelse hardware wise makes it a better phone??

Lets look at the specs I found

networks supported
    GS3; 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
    4G Network LTE (regional)

i phone 5; 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - GSM A1428
    CDMA 800 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 - CDMA A1429
    3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - GSM A1428
    CDMA2000 1xEV-DO - CDMA A1429
    4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 17 / 1700 / 2100 - GSM A1428 or LTE 850 / 1800 / 2100 - GSM A1429
    LTE 700 / 850 / 1800 / 1900 / 2100 - CDMA A1429

Dimensions;
    gs3; Dimensions 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
    Weight 133 g

ip5; Dimensions 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
    Weight 112 g

screen res,;
    gs3;Type Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (~306 ppi pixel density)

iphone5;Type LED-backlit IPS TFT, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
    Size 640 x 1136 pixels, 4.0 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)

More when I get home.
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast