Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,937

2 members and 2,935 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Suggestions on a Morph Decision?

Good morning, everyone! Hope your day is going well.

Here's a fun little topic that I'm hoping to get some feedback on. And your opinions about your favorites!

You see, recently I picked up a male Pied hatchling (who has officially gone onto F/T at our place. Yay!) It was one of my dream animals. However, it seems to have picked my boyfriend as it's favorite person, haha. And my boyfriend is just smitten with him. So, 'my' snake has now become 'his' snake, which is perfectly fine with me. My boyfriend was almost anti-reptile for a while, so I'll encourage this for sure!

As such, I'm thinking of adding an additional member to the household. I tend to do a lot of school presentations and whatnot, so it'd also be nice to have an extra snake on hand.

The problem is, I'm completely overwhelmed with what I want to start looking for.

My qualifications are....
    A.) Female, not for breeding purposes. Just for their size (since I'm just not into how big certain boas can get)
    B.) Trying to stay under $2000
    C.) It will be a pet, but that doesn't stop me from considering expensive morphs
    D.) I'm looking for something with a head stamp, as well as some super unique qualities. I really like some of those Super morphs that have the white head, but those tend to float slightly out of my price range. Maybe there's a few I'm missing that I can look into?

I did get a very, very sweet offer from a local breeder I know for a Male Champagne, since she's male heavy right now and has a few male 2012 Champagnes she needs to move. But, I'm hesitating, because I'm torn between what I want (female, headstamp, pattern) and what most people would consider a 'deal you shouldn't pass up!'

Obviously I'm seriously leaning towards getting myself what I want, but am I crazy for turning down a Champagne for less than half of the going rate? This breeder is the one I purchased my Pied from, and she is fantastic. I chat with her every few weeks or so, as we're members of a common Reptile club here, and she's also my feeder supplier.

So, I'd love your thoughts and opinions! I don't have plans to breed. So at this point all of my animals are considered Pet-Only. I think that's why I can afford to be a little picky, haha. I only have limited space (no racks), so planning my next animal is a big consideration.

What is a morph YOU'D suggest? Strictly for visual appeal.

EDIT: I'm just looking for morph suggestions at the moment. Not actual animals for sale
    Last edited by Vasiliki; 09-19-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    - Danielle

Snakes are just tails with faces....
    1.0 Pied BP, 1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 RAPTOR Leopard gecko, , 0.1 Desert Pin BP, 1.0 Albino BP, 0.1 Leachie Gecko

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    If your looking for a female ball python as a pet with no chance of breeding her, i have one suggestion. Desert! Deserts females dont lay viable eggs, and can die during egg laying so that means they are the perfect pet for someone who doesnt want to breed her. And they are beautiful!
    Tom

Ball Pythons
    Females: Poss. het albino (Angel),Albino (Corona),Pastel Lesser (Lila),Pinstripe Het Albino (Sandy), Pastel Pied (Pandora),
    Males: Black Pastel Het Albino (Diablo),Piebald (Atlas),Killerbee (King)

Morelia
    0.1 Jungle carpet python (Sage)
    0.0.1 Green tree python (Unknown)

Misc.
    0.1 Snow Corn (Roxy)
    0.1 Bearded dragon (Coral-Blood X Red/Citrus)
    1.0 Diamond Back Terrapin(Crush)

Thanks
    x2 on the Desert! Eye popping yellow and some funky clean wicked pattern. They're still pricey for my taste, but you can find plenty now for under $1000. If you like the headstamp, there's also fire combos. Some of the less common combos are more expensive, but you can also find some awesome looking animals for a solid price (fire spiders, vanilla cream, fireflies, and fire enchi come to mind, but that's just what I'm partial to in that range before getting into fire axanthics and whatnot). A female clown could run you right at the edge, but you get the killer head pattern and an exciting looking animal to boot
    Last edited by Valentine Pirate; 09-19-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Erica Evans
    Scourge of the San Juan Islands
    High Tide Exotics
    When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water.

"A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts
    I'd definitely look into a desert combo morph like maybe a female tiger (desert enchi) or a female Ivory since the Ivory has a pretty neat head pattern on a white snake
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks

Re: Suggestions on a Morph Decision?

Pastel Enchi is great. Get some head stamp and the color is just fantastic.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Ivory, Fire YB, Fire Enchi, Vanilla Cream, Hypo Fire, Firefly, SPOG.

Those are all on my short list of morphs i like that id like to produce someday. (And they meet your qualifications of cool head, visual appeal etc.)
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

Thanks
    Adding a bunch of these to the list as potentials and checking out costs and pictures.

Not going to lie, that Vanilla Cream has me completely smitten. Not sure if I'd find a female in that price range, but it might be worth settling for a male if I found the right one.

You guys are also after my heart with these Enchi suggestions. Unfortunately, it seems like Enchis are a little higher priced in Canada than they are in the United States. So that makes it tricky.
    - Danielle

Snakes are just tails with faces....
    1.0 Pied BP, 1.0 Crested Gecko, 1.0 RAPTOR Leopard gecko, , 0.1 Desert Pin BP, 1.0 Albino BP, 0.1 Leachie Gecko

BPnet Senior Member Solarsoldier001's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 785 Posts
    I'd say something with desert too. Just because you plan on keeping it as a pet. They are gorgeous combos too. I love love the Mojave desert. I drool everytime I see one

1.0 Pewter (Dexter), 1.0 Butter Het OG (Butters), 0.1 Pinstripe (Honey), 0.1 Lesser (Pepper), 0.1 Butter Het OG (Aurora), 0.1 Spider Het OG (Betsy), 0.1 Mojave (Maya)
    Sent from iPhone using tapatalk
    Boys:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pewter - Dexter | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Butters | Super Fire - Mr. Buttons | Mystic - Charming | Banana Enchi Woma - Gizmo |
    Girls:________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________
    Pinstripe - Honey | Mojave - Maya | Lesser - Pepper | Calico 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Jewel | Normal 100% Het Pied - Hinata | Butter 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Aurora | Spider 100% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Betsy | Blue Eye Leustic 50% Het Orange Ghost (Hypo) - Snowflake | Spinner Blast - Jasmin | Butterbee - Ariel | Hypo Butter - Penelope |

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    I say you get a pastel pied that way you can constantly remind your bf that yours is better bc it has 2 genes
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

hypnotixdmp (09-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,319 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Vanilla cream! They are AWESOME!
    -Andrew Hall-

Good night Chesty, wherever you are....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast