Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 545

1 members and 544 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plans....

Thanks
    I just drew this up, and wanted some ideas. It is for my iguana I recently recieved and need to put him in something that can accomodate his needs for his whole adult life. I am gonna use plaster on the back and two sides on the inside and make ledges and give a cliff like look too it.
    I will also shape and smooth a pool on the left side with a pump and tubes running inbetween the panels up to a ledge about 2 feet high to create a waterfall into the pool. Will be setting branches in place and using the volcano humidifier mentioned in a past topic. Will use window screens halfway up on each side that are not included in the drawing. Please, if you all have any ideas, let me know.... thank you

0.1 Regular Ball Python (Xibalba)
    1.0 American Pitbull Terrier (Gandhi)
    0.1 German Shepherd (Bailey)
    1.1 Mixed Rescue Cats (Horus and Manji)

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Thanks
    nobodies got anything?

"Walmart is the scum of this great country of ours and is spreading like an infection. Death To Walmart and every corporation like them..."

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a really cool cage. I don't know enough about Iguanas to know how proper it is, though. What I am wondering is if it has enough floor space. Aren't Iggy's really big when they are fully grown? Do they climb and therefore need that much height to their enclosures?
    -- Judy

Thanks
    yes, iguanas get stressed out when they have to look up at everyone and everything around them. They are tree dwellers and like to look down on everything. They usually will only come down (rom what ive heard) to eat or bathe. 4 feet by 2.5 feet is plenty of floor space.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If that's the case, then it seems like a very cool enclosure! I'm anxious to see pics when you get it built!
    -- Judy

Thanks
    i can't wait to start. its gonna be a great display. I need help on a good paint to treat the wood (but i think i can that in another thread), but how about a good plaster paint? any ideas?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don't know much about paints and such for these kinds of projects. Mostly, I wouldn't be sure what might or might not be toxic to the animals. Here's what Steelsack said to Godfather(BallKingdom) on another thread in this forum:

Ball, go to wall mart, get a gallon of Kilz (primer/sealant), and some bathroom paint which is designed for humidity. Prime it, let it dry, paint it and dry again. Should be easy and not take too long. That's what I would do.
    The primer seals the wood and does a real number on any microscopic crawlies that may be in the wood. I cuts the ammount of coating you would have to do with paint in half, also.
    If you put kilz over the plaster, you can probably paint it with any type of paint you wish. I know for sure you'll want something water proof. Probably whatever you choose will be fine for animals, so long as it's allowed to fully dry and harden before being used.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    thanks so much

Thanks
    Sounds like cool plans, especially with the volcano. And I'm impressed with the illustration as well. I think this is going to be one happy iggy. How do you plan to enclose the top?
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I haven't decided yet.. I am not sure wether i will place a plywood sheet and mount the basking lights or cut circular openings with screens and make a custom hood... what do you think?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast